Injury Survey

I pulled a muscle in my upper back doing decline bench press. I did not let the injury heal properly and as a result displaced three ribs playing golf. Consequently I have been out of the gym for 6 months now. Needless to say, I will never go near the decline press again.

In my 8+ years of training; I’ve never had an acute or chronic injury caused either indirectly or directly from resistance training. The reasons although my main goal is maximum strength I constantly do prehab techniques to strengthen and balance muscles and muscle groups which are neglected from my main sessions. I also do joint stabilization exercises in the beginning of my workouts and I also do assistance mini workouts thought out the week. I also feel that the proper usage of flexibility training (dynamic, static passive, static active, PNF, ext) can have a dramatic affect on injure prevention.

Various types of Bench pressing are now well out in front!

Most recent injury was a sprained lumbar ligament received while doing bent over BB rows. The cause was too straight of back instead of the desired ‘neutral’ spine position.

In 10+ years of lifting the most annoying injury was suprasprinatus (sp?) tendintis received in my early days from doing a pro’s shoulder press routine as published in M&F.

Been training 18 years. Worst injury I even had about 4 years ago. A rotator cuff injury brought on by heavy, wide parallel grip, latt pulldowns (using one of those wide grip bars with parallel grips. Doesn’t bother me much any more, but I’ve found that I have to stay away from extreme wide grip exercises, and consistently work rotator cuffs.

Nitrox,

I remember doing one of those routines out of M&F when I was younger.

1)right rotator 8 years ago 2)bench press 3)still gives me problems, oh well!