T Nation

Injured From Arm Wrestling

There’s a pretty big guy at the construction site I’m working on at the moment and he challenge anyone to an arm wrestle one break…I wasn’t going to get involved, but no one answered and he was getting cocky…so I did…and beat him on both arms. But the left arm took all I had and it’s still hurting nearly a week after. Can anyone who knows about anatomy tell me if there’s anything I should watch out for that might indicate something serious?

Reminds me of a Stallone movie… Over the Top.

I don’t have the slightest clue why your arm hurts, but i’d say if it turns a color then there’s something wrong. I’ll just hope someone stumbles by this and appreciates a Bull Hurley quote:
“I drive truck, break arms, and arm wrestle. It’s what I love to do, it’s what I do best.”

I’ve hurt myself TWICE arm wrestling. It’s been around my scapula, and causes pain down my arm.

The first time was seriously aggravated by improper techinuqe somewhere (pulling too hard on the squat bar?). I had to take a week off of training, and didn’t barbell bench for a whole month (probably overkill). :-/ My “arm” was sore for a month, but there was a nice trigger spot I could push on around my scapula that relieved the pain.

The second time was only painful for a week, and it was further aggravated throwing a football around. It got better much faster this time. I think it may have been from the overhead pressing I was doing in addition to the cuban presses (external rotation). I only took an extra day of rest from training.

I’d see a doctor if you have insurance. I don’t, so I didn’t. :slight_smile: