T Nation

Injections: Test Left on Skin Surface

Whenever I inject test cap I notice there is a decent amount of test on the surface of my skin after I pin. Is this normal?

Sounds like you may not have the pin in far enough or the pin is too short. When injecting the entire needle should be in all the way up to the point the needle meets the plastic. Keep things steady while injecting and pull the pin out quickly after it is done. Also be sure you are injecting into the muscle and not a fat deposit.

What’s your protocol? What size needle? What’s your body weight? More details to assist better.

Test cyp. Is ‘test cap’ a typo?

Explain what you are doing exactly. IM vs SC/SQ, needle length and gauge, injection sites. Dose and frequency.

After injecting, press finger firmly on injection site for 10-15 seconds. This will allow tissues and nicked blood vessels to seal off. Also prevents bleed bruises.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

I’m using a 3ml 25g needs and injecting in the rear. I can see the needle go all the way in…no part of the needle is left exposed.

I’m 165lbs, 5’10 so on the slim side. A needle any bigger might come out the other end.