T Nation

Injections: How Much is Too Much

I am about to begin my 3rd cycle:
1 gram of test enanthate for 10 weeks, obviously with Nolva ED and Clomid for PCT…My question is regarding site injections. How much would be too much to put into my calves and forearms?

I’ve never poked anywhere other than the usual 3 (delt, glute, quad) but I’d like to hit these 2 spots occasionally as they are my smallest body parts. I was thinking of 125 mg in each calf and each forearm once a week, and then the 2nd 500 mg of the week would go in one of the big 3. All help would be greatly appreciated, thanks…

[quote]OneDay wrote:
1 gram of test enanthate for 10 weeks, obviously with Nolva ED and Clomid for PCT…My question is regarding site injections. How much would be too much to put into my calves and forearms?

I’ve never poked anywhere other than the usual 3 (delt, glute, quad) but I’d like to hit these 2 spots occasionally as they are my smallest body parts. I was thinking of 125 mg in each calf and each forearm once a week, and then the 2nd 500 mg of the week would go in one of the big 3. All help would be greatly appreciated, thanks…[/quote]

i’d say try 1/2 cc for your calves and gauge your tolerance…as i’ve heard that they can be a rather painful spot shot. i would suggest you forget about injecting into your forearms.

also, consider a-dex for during your cycle and save the nolva for PCT.

[quote]OneDay wrote:

I’ve never poked anywhere other than the usual 3 (delt, glute, quad) but I’d like to hit these 2 spots occasionally as they are my smallest body parts. I was thinking of 125 mg in each calf and each forearm once a week, and then the 2nd 500 mg of the week would go in one of the big 3. All help would be greatly appreciated, thanks…[/quote]

Boy… how can I nicely put this? Why do people thing that drugs are magic pills that will do everything for them?
The fact is, site injections will not add muscle to the areas you desire. In fact, injecting in your forearms is definetly NOT a good idea, as it contains so many small muscle groups and lots of tendons and ligaments that you are risking doing real damage in that area.
As for bringing up weak body parts, Have you ever actually trained them? Try using the ‘priority’ principle and train them 2-3 times per week before you train any of your other body parts.

[quote]juice20jd wrote:
i’d say try 1/2 cc for your calves and gauge your tolerance…as i’ve heard that they can be a rather painful spot shot. i would suggest you forget about injecting into your forearms.

also, consider a-dex for during your cycle and save the nolva for PCT.

[/quote]

Calf injections hurt like a sumbitch. I tried it a couple of times in each calf. Could hardly walk for the next couple of days. I will never inject in the calf ever again. I have had pretty good luck injecting in the triceps.

I also agree with using A-dex during your cycle.

Thanks for all the replies…I hesitate using Arimidex as it kills all the estrogen in the body and I was always taught to use it sparingly as a savior from gynocomastia…? P-22, I realize that site injections will not add muscle, but test does have site injection properties which will add size to the area injected (in point of fact, I train my calves and forearms like a motherfu##er)…

[quote]OneDay wrote:
Thanks for all the replies…I hesitate using Arimidex as it kills all the estrogen in the body and I was always taught to use it sparingly as a savior from gynocomastia…? P-22, I realize that site injections will not add muscle, but test does have site injection properties which will add size to the area injected (in point of fact, I train my calves and forearms like a motherfu##er)…[/quote]

OneDay,

i think the only compunds that MIGHT have site specific growth, are water soluble steroids (i.e test suspension)…however, you mgiht be talking about Synthol-type injections…

I put 2.5cc’s in my Tricep and I will never forget the pain and swelling… although that was Prop/NPP. I was a tad frisky that day. I learned better.

I have pretty much put 2.5cc’s everywhere that I hit on a normal basis. Glutes, Ventroglutes, Quads, Lats, Delts. I worked my way up to that. Delts took a little time, but now they are my most comfortable spot to hit, interestingly enough.

I’ve never hit Traps, Biceps, or Calves.

It really all depends on how much mass you have in that particular area, as more mass, more probability it can hold the volume (duh) and greater tendency to stay in Depot. I fear my “Tricep FauxPas” was because the Prop/NPP leaked out of Depot, into the surrounding adipose tissue… causing swelling and pain with knots the likes I have never experienced. It was bad. Listen to your body.

Two things.

1. Injection Site Spot Growth is for the most part a myth. If you’re doing this for localized muscle growth, you’re pretty much wasting your time. Research and experience have both demonstrated this. These injections may provide some moderate swelling in the area that can feel somewhat satisfying as it makes the muscle group feel “tighter”, or more “full”. Sounds like that is what you’re looking for. In any case, I would advise to completely avoid forearm injections (per P22’s suggestion), and to inject into your calves with EXTREME caution. Read up on “compartment syndrome”. I’ve seen that happen in people, and I always advise that calves be left alone.

2. Adex doesn’t “kill all of the estrogen in the body”. Read the latest literature; the most recent research I’ve read has shown that Adex isn’t as powerful as once thought. Not that it isn’t effective (it is), but your estrogen profile will remain relatively healthly while using it. If you have access to Adex you should be using it, period.

This is some very good advice, I guess I will be adding some arimidex to my cycle and staying with quad and glute injections…Thanks a lot…

YOu’re smart to take the advice given here bro. BTW why not hit your delts and biceps too? THey look nice all swollen with test :slight_smile:

I do notice some site swelling from my delt injects but nothing huge. I would have to agree with most people, site injections do not increase localized growth. However you might find some sites better and more comfortable than others. My only suggestion is make sure you have enough muscle tissue to inject into lol. For instance. If doing 1cc shots ED or EOD I find it much more comfortable to self inject my lats than my glutes.

[quote]OneDay wrote:

You are much braver than I am…Shit, I get nervous about delt inj let alone calf,forearm,etc…Just be careful bro.

MK

[quote]mikekatz wrote:
You are much braver than I am…Shit, I get nervous about delt inj let alone calf,forearm,etc…Just be careful bro.

MK[/quote]

I agree. Delt injections scare the crap out of me. Don’t even start about forearms. Calf injections have pretty much soured me on secondary injection sites.

Ohhhh RJ, Mike… Delts are the shit!

commence air guitar sequence

delts! delts! delts!

Sincerely,
Ubiquitous

[quote]ubiquitous wrote:
Ohhhh RJ, Mike… Delts are the shit!

commence air guitar sequence

delts! delts! delts!

Sincerely,
Ubiquitous[/quote]

Delts work great for me too. Followed by lats and tris. No problems from any. However, the only thing I can put in my calves is IGF in a slin needle. The only time I tried a 25g in a calf, I had an internal bleeder for two days. Ouch.

glutes, delts and quads are all you need!! rotate them and you have 6 spots that will be less prone to scar tissue than hitting only one. also limit the amount of liquid your using. if oyu are using a 100mg test go with a 250mg.

also, consider limiting your short acting tests to the begining of your cycle or try a short acting fina at the end and front load with sustonan 250. that way you are decreasing the amount of shots and getting optimal results. fina is great to end a cycle: lean and hard! one of my favs!

[quote]cat3slayer wrote:
glutes, delts and quads are all you need!! rotate them and you have 6 spots that will be less prone to scar tissue than hitting only one. [/quote]

Great thread. Can you discuss the various needle lengths for each body part? This still confuses me. I don’t think glutes are going to be a good site for me (too much “adipose”). So for me I’m guessing I need to rotate between quads and possibly delts…

depending on the liquid you can use a 21 guage 1.5 inch 3 cc for your oil based and hit your glutes and quads then a 1 inch for your delts. you can buy a box of the 1.5 inch and just go as deep. the use something like a 25 gauge for your water based, but becareful here because sometings like winstrol (stanzonol) can hurt like a bitch and won’t feel good in your delts. trust me on this one. be sure to rub the area real well after the injection to help it absorb in. cover with a band aid tokeep out infection and u r good as gold.

Awesome info…thx

hi, im in the medical field n i would not advise you to use either calf or forearm.