Injections and Cream for TRT?

There’s 2 things people like about creams IMO.

1. They can be made to be up to about 10x stronger than gel, so they can get your numbers wayyy up if so desired. A lot of people start at 200mg/day (4 “clicks” with a lot of applicators). I did 3 a day and was at 1500+ total and high 30’s free T… so they def work.

2. They aren’t alcohol based, so they can be applied to areas like testicles. There is a lot of 5ar enzyme there (and thin skin and a lot of blood flow), meaning you get a boost of DHT by applying there and absorption is really good. Some people say this helps a lot with libido. I didn’t really get a huge gain there or anything but I also think I’m weird now because I used fin & dutasteride for so long, not sure I react to DHT the same as most.

1 Like

Thanks for the info NC.

I’m still tryiing to find libido.

I may have to experiment with lose dose arimidex.

If you’re trying to find libido, I wouldn’t ever recommend experimenting with an A.I.

Some need it.

Out of interest, have you tried adding in proviron(50mg per day) into the TRT regiment. Creams seem like an awful lot of effort to administer.

Never used creams or gels, I’m good with injections, but the idea of rubbing my balls a couple of minutes twice a day doesn’t seem like an awful lot of effort to me…

I’ve tried Proviron. It works well but also is not ideal on the system. I prefer to stick to T for any long term use. But it definitely works on libido, no question for me.

1 Like

Eh anything that can be transmitted to another person that easily seems dubious to me. What if you have sex or have residual cream left somewhere and toddler comes into contact with it.
Injections are elegant and pretty easy to do safely :slight_smile:

I’d assume if you rub it in properly and avoid sex for a short period the likelihood of any serious level transmission would be minimal. Bit like saying that if you needles lying around that toddlers could get hold of them, it all depends on cautiousness around kids and following basic safety precautions.

Also you said effort - not side effects!

But I’ll stop I’m being facetious and was mostly just chuckling to myself about the thought of rubbing your balls being an effort!

Hahaha. We run them anyway, might as well add cream to the mix

1 Like

Maybe it is just indicative of how big my nuts are

1 Like

Haha you’re on TRT so I doubt it!

Not sure but Tailor Made had a thing where you contacted them to request the med you wanted, then they asked for Dr’s Rx, then they sent you the meds. Empower may be similar.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My first post here…I was on Dr Crisler’s forum back before it ended.

So…I was on both trans dermal testosterone cream plus cypionate for a couple of years.

Originally the reason I tried this was because, like many men I don’t absorb a trans dermal very well and could not get high enough in the range to feel normal but I wanted to stick with the transdermal because my libido was better with the transdermal cream…probably because of DHT conversion.

So my thought was to stick with the testosterone cream but inject (sub-q )just enough cypionate every 3 days to raise the base line a couple hundred points.

This worked reasonably well although not perfect and the only reason I stopped a couple of months ago was that with the pandemic, my business dropped off a lot and to save money on prescriptions I dropped the monthly bill on the transdermal…and lets face it…compared to the cost of a vial of cypionate which lasts me a few months…the transdermal just costs more

Unfortunately…I gotta admit that while I’m at the top of the range on just cypionate…my libidos pretty much dead right now!

I’ve heard of people doing that for the reason you’re talking about. Inj for the main trt and some test cream for the dht bump

I may give it a try myself but most of it with inj as the main component with some cream for a small bump to dht. Still trying to get to feeling good/dialed in, but I’m starting to see a glimmer of hope… certianly in a better mood lately after my latest dose adjustment.

I’m going to be trying the same, some other people on here are currently doing it as well

Roscoe, Ive been struggling with arousal/libido/erections for over 3 years on trt (injections) They were all literally none existent. Ive been on scrotal cream for 2 weeks now and its getting better! Just a thought

I haven’t had libido either.

How does one get cream? My dr only does stuff like andro gel or injections. Creams are made special, right?

my doctor sends prescription to compounding pharmacy then its delivered to my door

did you have libido before trt?