T Nation

Injection Swelling

I injected 2ml of test e on sunday afternoon. The injection went fine but the last two days have been painful. Today there is some swelling.

The injection was done with a clean needle and clean syringe. Everything was swabbed down. I tried to aspirate it today and only blood showed in the syringe. The pain is somewhat less than yesterday but i haven’t felt anything like this in previous injections. I’m mostly concerned with the swelling.

and i just reread the injection pain stickie for the third time and forgot to mention that the swelling isnt right on top of the injection sight. i injected my left quad and the swelling is a little more toward the front of the quad and down.

Is it red?

Does it feel like a bruise?

pics or it didnt happen.

been icing. It helps. No redness. No edema. Just swelling more than i expected. doesn’t feel like any fluid inside. Just took some ibuprofen. I’m starting to worry less as it doesnt look very bad after icing and i dont have a fever as of yet.

Ok good luck. Don’t hesistate to get professional attention if things get much worse.

Holy shit bonez hahaha.

I know I say this everytime one of these threads is made, but here goes…

Interesting how the pain and swelling moved. When I had to go to the hospital mine had done the same thing, I injected in the left delt and the swelling/redness emanated from the area near my brachiallis, about 6 inches from the injection site. A simple antiobiotic cycle of Keflax could have solved my problem but I waited too long. If it gets worse I’d get my hands on some. If the area spreads, get to a doc ASAP.

Just be careful and keep an eye on it.

Unless you’ve been training for awhile and have some pretty well-developed legs, 2mL is simply too much volume.

Stick with dorsogluteal and ventrogluteal and/or scale back to 1mL at a time.

[quote]chillain wrote:
Unless you’ve been training for awhile and have some pretty well-developed legs, 2mL is simply too much volume.

[/quote]

BS

I agree that glute and VG handle higher volumes better. But someone who is physically ready for AAS should be able to handle 2ml in the thigh. Give a week inbetween injections and there shouldn’t be a problem if the shot goes in deep enough. Plenty of people put 2ml in their thighs without problems. Pain is another story though.

You’re making way too many assumptions here Bonez. My claim was also clearly conditional.

Bonez LMAO! Should be able to handle 2mL no problem. Easiest thing in the world. My local Affliction, fitted cap, wear Hater shades inside of gym, man would have trouble though so I agree with Bonez’ statement. Motherfucker would hit bone.

[quote]chillain wrote:
You’re making way too many assumptions here Bonez. My claim was also clearly conditional.

[/quote]

Fine, but if you want to talk about people that aren’t ready to use who are also using poor procedure than a lot of norms fly out the window.

no big deal.

I’ve already done multiple injections in the quads that went find. Normal injection area pain for a day, two at the max. I rotate between my glutes and my quads. The swelling is receding and the pain is slowly going away. Maybe i nicked something on the way in or out.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
chillain wrote:

BS

I agree that glute and VG handle higher volumes better. But someone who is physically ready for AAS should be able to handle 2ml in the thigh. Give a week inbetween injections and there shouldn’t be a problem if the shot goes in deep enough. Plenty of people put 2ml in their thighs without problems. Pain is another story though. [/quote]

I am not convinced it is JUST the size of the muscle, or condition of the athlete… i think it is the fact that an extra 2ml into a virgin muscle that hasnt had any fascia stretching from the inside will likely hurt most at first.

I can stick 2ml in my bi’s now let alone leg/hip muscles. But that isnt because i am a behemoth(not far off ;D), but because i am used to the injection of oil depots inside my muscles.

JMO however.

Brook

I have had several injections move down a little and then cause stiffness. Not so much swelling but definitely the area below where I injected was sore and tough to move without causing a little pain. But, I have always just given it time and it has always been ok.

IMO, I think it has something to do with where you inject it. It used to only happen in my shoulders. Not often, but every once in a while. Then, one day, I injected a little too low in my quads and the same thing happened there. A pain and soreness (which I guess could be interpreted as a sort of swelling, although it did not seem visually larger) arose right above my knee. And so I have just put two and two together to conclude that when I inject too low in a muscle, which often happens in my shoulder due to my lack of mobility which, and I am not complaining, but, which is due to my unlack of size. Haha.

And also, this has never happened from gear I have bought from a dealer but from gear I have purchased through stealth websites. Could this also be linked to the problem due to the sterilization chemical which i presume is alcohol? Not too sure about this last part, just an educated guesstimate.

I also know the injection sites are mapped to avoid major nerves and vessels - so when one does move the spot (say the top of the thigh compared to the vastus lateralis) of injection, then it can cause pain/issues.

Thats why it is called ‘technique’ and not stabbing! :wink:

[quote] Brook wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
chillain wrote:

BS

I agree that glute and VG handle higher volumes better. But someone who is physically ready for AAS should be able to handle 2ml in the thigh. Give a week inbetween injections and there shouldn’t be a problem if the shot goes in deep enough. Plenty of people put 2ml in their thighs without problems. Pain is another story though.

I am not convinced it is JUST the size of the muscle, or condition of the athlete… i think it is the fact that an extra 2ml into a virgin muscle that hasnt had any fascia stretching from the inside will likely hurt most at first.

I can stick 2ml in my bi’s now let alone leg/hip muscles. But that isnt because i am a behemoth(not far off ;D), but because i am used to the injection of oil depots inside my muscles.

JMO however.

Brook[/quote]

Right

That’s what I meant. If the person’s muscle is physically capapble of handling 2ml of oil their shouldn’t be any dangers. Pain is independant of the safety of a 2ml injection.

quick update, the swelling is almost gone. heat is gone. never any redness. im honestly starting to think it was a muscle pull from the heavy squats and deads on monday. the reason i think that is that the pain turned into one long line of pain down the leg. i think i got a little too worried off the bat as this is my first cycle. thanks for the help anyway.