T Nation

Injection Soreness

Guys… I am on wk 2 of my Sust cycle and I am not happy with the soreness I am getting from select injections. No swelling just soreness. My left glute/delt gave me a pretty good amount of soreness. Normally i am fine with any pain/soreness i get from injections but this is a little much. It lasts a few days SLOWLY tapering off… Other sites have gone fine… Right glute gave me a fair amount of soreness as well but tapered off a substantially quicker. Any ideas? Think its just the prop in the blend?

bmc

all part of the game my friend, some are good and totally pain free some can be a bitch, try injecting into your quad, you will then apprciate the small amount of discomfort suffered in other sites.

Are you heating the oil up before pinning?

Taking 10 seconds to inject a ML?

Massaging the area after injection?

Taking a hot shower after injection?

Just making sure you’re covering some basics to help avoid pain.

lol at EE, your a funny bastard! lmao!

Have you attempted the ventrogluteal site yet? Many have good success and minimal pain with it.

Not yet… I read a couple threads on it… might give it a shot. Always hated the first time injecting into a new site… haha.

bmc

I’ve found that the farther along you get into a cycle, the pain/soreness of injecting seems to fade away, or you just get used to it. This is what I’m experiencing now in week 5 of my prop/tren cycle. I can inject anywhere with minimal pain compared to when I started.

-tw1st

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Are you heating the oil up before pinning?

Taking 10 seconds to inject a ML?

Massaging the area after injection?

Taking a hot shower after injection?

Just making sure you’re covering some basics to help avoid pain.[/quote]

I agree with the heating as it thins the oil and makes it easier to inject.

10 seconds per ml is subjective - I got a shot from the doc the other day (for a migraine) and the nurse only took about 2 seconds from poking it in to pulling it out.

I always take a hot shower before injecting, as it helps to relax the muscles.

Massaging the injection area seems to be up for debate as well. If you massage, you could cause more trauma to the area, and might lead to excess soreness. I’ve tried it both ways, and I think it really depends on the injection site.

if i have leg day after my injection the pain isnt as bad

I quite honestly get zero pain from injecting oils IM, a little ache, very dull, for 12 hours or so is all, and that is occasionally.

When i used winny however, i found that after injecting my smaller muscles, Biceps or delts example i had what seemed to be DOMS for the next 24/36hrs, so i had to wait to train it, l liked it, it made me feel like i was getting localized growth, although that is unlikely - it did “feel” like it!

Joe

I think this phenomenon has become more prevalent now that everyone seems to be using UG lab or homebrew products. Most homebrewed and UG injectables often have unnecesarily high amounts of BA, as much as 3-5%. That equals OUCH.

Heat the oil, use the best/sharpest and smallest gauge practical, inject very slowly and hold pressure for 30 sec or so post injection. Massage is probably unnecessary.
Just my 0.02.