T Nation

Injection Sites?

I have come across information stating that Testosterone IM injections into Detoids/Common Shoulder Muscle will have a much longer half life. I believe the source stated almost double the half life of other IM sites.

What are your thoughts about this, is it somewhat accurate or just typical misinformation? Also, how difficult would Delta IM injections be to administer on a normal basis, I.E. TRT…

Michael

[quote]MDAutry wrote:
I have come across information stating that Testosterone IM injections into Detoids/Common Shoulder Muscle will have a much longer half life. I believe the source stated almost double the half life of other IM sites.

What are your thoughts about this, is it somewhat accurate or just typical misinformation? Also, how difficult would Delta IM injections be to administer on a normal basis, I.E. TRT…

Michael[/quote]

I’ve read that too… not sure how accurate it is…but for your second question, injecting into the delts is very easy…I do most of my injections there, with the occasional tear drop. I like the tear drop but keep bending my needles. Not a problem at all with the delts.

Have subcutaneous injections been discussed here?

Afraid to start a new topic, so I hope it`s okay that I ask here. =)

“I have come across information”? Would you share it with us?

[quote]Johan Nes wrote:
Have subcutaneous injections been discussed here?

Afraid to start a new topic, so I hope it`s okay that I ask here. =)[/quote]

Not until you’ve read the stickies!

Alright guys,
Had a bunch of overtime this weekend so I wasn’t able to get back with you. I have seen this stated about twice in my research in forums, and once in the roid calculator: http://come.to/roidcalc . In no way am I trying to state this as fact, only trying to gather more research. I have not been able to find any white papers on the subject. I will contimue my research and update everyone if I find anything solid.

I am attaching two white papers regarding Nandrolone trials. Very interesting but long reading, I will continue to look into this and give a more definitive answer as I have time. Feel free to read ahead of the class and provide your own analysis.

Michael

Pharmacokinetic Evaluation of Three Different
Intramuscular Doses of Nandrolone Decanoate: Analysis
of Serum and Urine Samples in Healthy Men

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/90/5/2624.full.pdf+html?sid=c3ffdca9-5c8e-40dd-91ea-ab39564039ca

Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Nandrolone
Esters in Oil Vehicle: Effects of Ester, Injection Site and
Injection Volume