T Nation

Injection Site Build Up

Is it possible to get some oil build up at the injection site? I have been doing a pin twice a week in the glute for 10 weeks now and havent switched sites. Mainly because its been pain free so far. but recently noticed a large lump about 2" or so in size. Its not sore or painful. I have rubbed the area and doesnt seem to work out. I have switched to quads for now but just wondering what the lump may be? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

[quote]Oldguy71 wrote:
Is it possible to get some oil build up at the injection site? I have been doing a pin twice a week in the glute for 10 weeks now and havent switched sites. Mainly because its been pain free so far. but recently noticed a large lump about 2" or so in size. Its not sore or painful. I have rubbed the area and doesnt seem to work out. I have switched to quads for now but just wondering what the lump may be? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

It’s possible to get a sterile abscess.

So anything I can do?

[quote]Oldguy71 wrote:
So anything I can do?[/quote]

Go to a doctor to take it out.

Oil build up probably not. The body can absorb an awfully lot.

If you have an abscess (infection) you need to get it taken care of.

I keep Keflex (Cephalexin) on hand in case I have any problems. Depending on how bad it is you may need to go to a DR.

Did you re use a needle? (bad idea BTW)

Depending on the pain you feel, it sounds like a scar tissue build up to me. And IMO not anything to worry about. If it was infected it would hurt beyond belief.

switch to the other glute, or shoulders. Monitor the lump, it will improve over time.

IMO the quad is the MOST painful.

I am not doctor, you should not over trust info read on steroid forums.