T Nation

Injection Protocol: Better Approach?

I’ve been struggling with low test for years- I suffered a severe eating disorder from the age of 17 and didn’t start to recover until I was 21. I’m 24 now, recovered from my illness, and over the past several years have received different types of treatment to address the low test I developed as a result of it. Initially I was treated with gels, and for the past 1-2 years with a testosterone undecanoate injection (Nebido) which I receive every 12 weeks.

However, my levels have never reached within ‘normal’ levels. I have tried halting treatment and attempting to naturally restore test levels (through diet, supplements, etc.) but with no success. My endocrinologist insists that there are no alternative protocols (or at least none which he is willing to prescribe for me) and cannot determine a specific reason as to why my levels are low. Looking through the protocol which was suggested in this thread, it seems like a preferable approach, or at least one which I would be willing to try.

However, because I live in the UK, it will likely be difficult to get hold of what’s recommended (or so I’ve been told.) As I’m currently working in a gym, there’s obviously ways and means of possibly getting hold of what’s suggested here, but I’m sceptical of the quality/safety of what I could be getting. As I said, I’m willing to try this protocol, as I’m frustrated that my doc is not willing to look down an alternative path and maintains that my current treatment (which isn’t working) is the best for me. Should I go ahead and take the risk, or does anyone have any other advice??

Sounds like your first step would be to get a doctor that wants to help u and work with you. It doesn’t sound like You’re asking for too much, just wanting to be restored to normal range. I would be afraid To go with a source from the gym. You want to find a protocol that works for you and stick with it. What happens if your source runs out, or you don’t get what u think you are getting. As for recovering your own system, in my experience, without meds, I tried, and after 5 months off TRT my total T was 90… No good.

[quote]WNYdave wrote:
Sounds like your first step would be to get a doctor that wants to help u and work with you. It doesn’t sound like You’re asking for too much, just wanting to be restored to normal range. I would be afraid To go with a source from the gym. You want to find a protocol that works for you and stick with it. What happens if your source runs out, or you don’t get what u think you are getting. As for recovering your own system, in my experience, without meds, I tried, and after 5 months off TRT my total T was 90… No good. [/quote]

I know a lot of guys look towards test injections as a way of adding more muscle mass, but for me it’s not so much that as simply wanting them to finally be normal (which they haven’t been since I was a teenager.) I struggle with energy levels, particularly when it draws near to my next due injections, and I feel it affecting my work and my training. I would think that I might be able to talk to my doc to be prescribed either the test cypionate or ethanate, but in terms of getting hold of the hCG and aromatase inhibitor, that would be more difficult.

Bump, for any further advice.

Ok, here’s what you need to do…get another doctor! There’s nothing wrong with finding a doctor that will work WITH you, instead of being a dictator for your health. I stayed with the same doctor for 11 years, for what? All he ever did was treat me for disease, not my health and wellness. Get another doctor bro…seriously.