Injection Problem...HELP!!!

Im new to posting on T-Nation, but ive lurked on here for a while. i just started my 1st cycle and ive been injecting into my theigh. every time i get the needle in about 3/4" i begin to faint. i’ve done my 1st injection, and i fainted afterwards. now i begin to faint if the needle is in there but i havent even injected yet.

Is this just something thats wrong with me, in my head? should i have someone else do the injection? should i choose a new injection spot? im doing 200mg test cyp twice weekly.

Sounds like something in your head bro. Some people get light headed when they see themselves bleed, other have no problem with it.

It just happens you can’t handle seeing the needle go in. Perhaps you are thinking about it too much? Thinking about the fact there is a 1.5 inch needle sticking in you, how it pierced your skin, etc.

Try not to think about it.

Thanks for the laugh!! Me and my wife bith had a really long chuckle over your experience.

I rarely laugh out loud over postings around here, but the thought of your eyes rolling back in your head as you push the needle in just cracked me up.

But to answer your question - it is in your head. I must admit that I get a little queasy doing quad shots because I have hit nerves so many times.

You just have to nut up and do it - or forget about doing quads.

Thanks guys. im not usually the one to get quesey from blood or anything. I have a pretty strong stomach for that stuff. I dont like needles too much, but im not like nervious when i inject. I guess its just in my head. I’ll try a glute shot tonight and post up how it goes.

true that RJ, i hit a nerve in my ass two injects ago and was a little sketched when i did the last one, but it went okay.

i sometimes have a queasy feeling before the first shot of a cycle, but it always goes better than i expect and the subsequent ones are easy.

[quote]CSK wrote:
Thanks guys. im not usually the one to get quesey from blood or anything. I have a pretty strong stomach for that stuff. I dont like needles too much, but im not like nervious when i inject. I guess its just in my head. I’ll try a glute shot tonight and post up how it goes.[/quote]

Yea man, I am not queasy when I see myself bleed either, but one day I nearly hacked my finger off with a deli slicer. I sat there and watched the doctor try and put it back together and started feeling myself get light headed. I knew I was about to pass out, so I just stopped looking and thought about something else.

It is possible to have the same experience with needles. Let us know how it goes for you.

Why not try glute injections? I hear quads can be pain.

My first test cyp shot, self injected with a nurse instructing, did disturb me with some shock reactions. It ended up been painful too as I had tight muscles in my glut. Intial problems are real and you get over them.

Got over that glut pain and was able to do good injections. Then switched to test cyp EOD (.14ml/28mg EOD for ~100mg/week with #29 .5" .5ml insulin syringes) in the vastus lateralis. That is very comfortable. That provides very level mounts of T.

Keep at it, you will overcome this problem.

This morning i did another quad shot because i convinced myself that it was in my head and to stop being a pussy and get over it. lol. I did my shot very quick and kept my mind off of it. I also made sure to take long deep breaths. The injection went perfectly smooth with no problems. I think it was just something that was in my head that i had to get over. Thanks a lot guys.

Glad your over it bro.

[quote]CSK wrote:
This morning i did another quad shot because i convinced myself that it was in my head and to stop being a pussy and get over it. lol. I did my shot very quick and kept my mind off of it. I also made sure to take long deep breaths. The injection went perfectly smooth with no problems. I think it was just something that was in my head that i had to get over. Thanks a lot guys.[/quote]

Now make sure you switch to either the dorsal or ventral gluteal site to reinforce the fact that you can inject yourself.

I say this because it is almost certain, within a given period of time, that you will hit a nerve in your quad, and this could have a detrimental effect on your mind-set now that you have overcome your difficulties.

The more times you successfully inject yourself the easier it gets, but once you hit your first nerve shooting in the same area does become more difficult.

[quote]thetruepitbull wrote:
CSK wrote:
This morning i did another quad shot because i convinced myself that it was in my head and to stop being a pussy and get over it. lol. I did my shot very quick and kept my mind off of it. I also made sure to take long deep breaths. The injection went perfectly smooth with no problems. I think it was just something that was in my head that i had to get over. Thanks a lot guys.

Now make sure you switch to either the dorsal or ventral gluteal site to reinforce the fact that you can inject yourself.

I say this because it is almost certain, within a given period of time, that you will hit a nerve in your quad, and this could have a detrimental effect on your mind-set now that you have overcome your difficulties.

The more times you successfully inject yourself the easier it gets, but once you hit your first nerve shooting in the same area does become more difficult.

[/quote]

I thought it went smooth, but i started getting a horrible pain in my leg last night and it was even worse this morning. It hurts like hell. I can hardly walk and i can only bend my leg about 70-75 degrees. I think i did the injection to fast and didnt notice that i had hit a nerve. So im done with quads. Im going to do my glute next time. I dont feel too discouraged, im just glad that im over the needle-passing out thing. thanks again for all your help and advice.

When you hit a nerve you will know it is one; it will feel like a string and cause a reflexive reaction.

The pain will subside with continued use of Test. Just stretch and contract the muscle, and massage the area.

i got the same swelling and ended up switching to a 25Ga pin and doing the injection slowly (you have no choice with a 25Ga). This may not work too well given your situation.

I also started heating te syringe, injecting as deep as possible, massaging the crap out of it after I was done, and icing periodically after that.

After I had done a couple of shots in each body part the ice was no longer needed.

best of luck bro.

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:

I also started heating the syringe, injecting as deep as possible, massaging the crap out of it after I was done, and icing periodically after that.
[/quote]

There have been some opinions that massage can increase the damage of tissue separation above that caused by the injection volume. I have seen some advice to not do that.

[quote]KSman wrote:
FuriousGeorge wrote:

I also started heating the syringe, injecting as deep as possible, massaging the crap out of it after I was done, and icing periodically after that.

There have been some opinions that massage can increase the damage of tissue separation above that caused by the injection volume. I have seen some advice to not do that.[/quote]

I saw the same advice. This article is pretty good.

http://www.nursing-standard.co.uk/archives/ns/vol13-39/v13w39p4753.pdf#search=‘Intramuscular%20injection%20technique%2C%20nursingstandard’