Injection Pain: What to Know, What to Do!

Great post Prisoner.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
the inside of the rectus femoris.[/quote]

where exactly are we talking about here?

Was the injection on the thigh area or the ventrogluteal area?

Also is the swelling localized or tracking?

Is it hot/ warm to touch compared with opposite side?

Is there any pitting edema? i.e. when you make an imprint with your finger in the area of inflamation, does it remain when you remove your finger?

andā€¦ how many days has it beenā€¦ is it geting better or worse? tried any ibuprophen? or ice? if so how has it responded?

Seems like you are out of the woods. It is not an infection. In the area you injected is not suitable for IM injection. It is much like injecting into your forearms - just a place you shouldnā€™t do.

There just isnā€™t enough of a muscle belly in that area, and too many other things to irritate such as nerves!

As for your decision to take zithro - not a good idea! The fact that you had some ā€˜extraā€™ tablets of zithro lying around is not a good idea either.

Zithro is a drug to target respiratory infections, not skin/ absesses, so it likely would not have any effect against the type of bacteria that infects the skin.

Andā€¦ by not taking a full course of antibiotics you are breeding ā€˜superā€™ bugs - basically killing off the weak bacteria, and allowing the ā€˜strongā€™ bacteria who survive more room to devide and multiply. These bacteriums are then passed from one person to another and eventually down the road there wonā€™t be any more antibiotics effective against killing them.

So please, donā€™t self prescribe, and when prescribed a course of antibiotics finish the entire prescription, not just untill you begin to feel better.

Thanks.

Well, I guess there is another complication - injecting too close to highly inervated areas.

As I recall though the rectus femorus is a long band type muscle, orgionating in the hip and running all the way down to the knee.
It is not one that has a large muscle belly I believe per say. I am sure there are others on here who are more knowledgable regarding this anatomy.

As I recall now I have injected in this area before and recieved a simmilar result, although not as severe as your friends.

Cheers.

good info, thanks.

So with minor swelling, redness and heat it isnā€™t necessarily an indication of an abscess? I searched for pics of abscesses and it seems that if you have one you canā€™t mistake it for something else. Is that correct? And regardless of what type of infection it is, thereā€™s no need to seriously worry unless you have the pitting edema?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Some good stuff here regarding cellulitis.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2217199[/quote]

I read that one already since itā€™s MY THREAD!! LMAO!

Anyways, this isnā€™t the same thing as cellulitis. At least I donā€™t think so anyways. My first infection was totally different than this one.

On a bright note, my arm is swelling and it makes the sleeve of my shirt really tight. Kind of feels good. LOL!

about the pitting edema.

Took 2ml of 300mg/ml Test Enth in my delt. My friend was having the same problems w/ this stuff but couldnā€™t handle the flu symptoms so I took it off his hands. this is my sixth day of swelling at the site. I didnā€™t feel like the flu til the 4th day after injection. The swelling is not real painful, but I know itā€™s there. Day five was the worst as far as pain swelling goes, now it is feeling better.

I tried pressing on it to see if there is pitting edema. I have to push really hard for an indent to stay there and it is only a slight indent, not like the freaky shit I found when I googled pitting edema. Then the dent goes away after only a couple seconds.

Any opinions? Should I see a doc or is this just a situation of high BA?

UPDATE:

as the day has gone on the lump has softened up and flu symptoms are gone. Feel fine. Guess im good to go for another stick on friday

This might be the wrong place to askā€¦but did not find anythingā€¦if come across alot of readings where they say injecting TEST PROP is very painfull ?? has anyone done this ? whats painfull ,in what way ? I inject ENANTHATE weekly feels fine ,how does this compare ?
thanks guys

Testosterone propionate is not, contrary to common opinion, inherently painful to inject.

I never had the slightest bit of injection painfulness to any TP injectable I prepared myself, nor do I have it with the Stealth product mixed with self-made TA.

Instead the situation is that TP products tend to have so much solubility enhancers in them that a painful injection results. The propionate is inherently not as easily soluble as esters such as cypionate, enanthate, etc.

If your getting bad injection pain then you need better quality stuff, bottom line.

AAS are not suppose to make you sore. Donā€™t gamble with UG products. Get human gear.

On a prop/tren cycle atm. Second week into it. Prop was started a week before the tren. Prop is homebrew and painless. Tren is from A-S and it leaves me crippled for days. When shooting ventro glute site Iā€™m good to go, but I just shot my glutes and there is a massive ball in my cheek that is killing me when I move around. The swelling has almost gone down on the right cheek but something tells me the left (being shot yesterday) is about to flare up and put me out of commission for another couple of days.

I take it thats from the high BA concentration?What can be done to remedy it, or is tren just one of those that you have to man up and live with the pain?
Also I combine 1ml of prop and 1/2ml of tren in the one barrel for ease of injection, is 1 1/2ml too much to shoot into delts?

I am watching closely on my Tricep, I administered just 1 CC of Test Enan 200 yesterday and it is in bad pain today.

Itā€™s about the size of 1/2 an egg right over the smaller head. Itā€™s very warm to the touch and extremely tender, I more or less have about 20% mobility in my arm. To make matters worse I did a mean arm workout yesterday, so now I am switching between heat and ice. Maybe just stick with ice after reading this.

I am at the 24 hour mark, and itā€™s definitely at itā€™s worse pain level yet. No adema itā€™s actually quite hard.

And Curqleezā€¦ yeah well we donā€™t all have that luxuryā€¦ But I totally agree.

Iā€™ll keep you all posted.

And for future inj Iā€™ll probably switch back to quadsā€¦ Finaplix is coming today!

jump over to my thread Randizoā€™S new Cycle to see pic of fā€™d up armā€¦