Injection Frequency, Changing to Every 5 Days

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a dilemma, I have been taking Test Cyp. 180mg once weekly now for about 8 months, with the past 2 weeks being 90mg e3d.

The reason I switched was because I feel good for 5 days then shitty for the last two days. Curiously though, I feel pretty meh now most of the week with the e3d frequency!

My question was whether I could change my regimen to 160mg e5d so I can sort of have my cake and eat it too.

The point to injecting every 3.5 days is you are timing the half life of testosterone so when it starting going downwards you inject another shot to keep it relatively flat. It’s possible if you injected every 5 days it might take 2-3 days to peak again leaving you somewhat feeling like you did the last 2 days near the end of the week.

A couple of months ago the thought of sticking a needle into myself twice a week was less than desirable since I didn’t even know how to self inject, now I realise I was being silly. If you don’t make any adjustments to dosage and one switches from once to twice a week on same dosage, your TT numbers will increase.

Idk, the last two weeks at e3d have been worse than once a week hands down. I’m a ghoul who doesn’t mind injecting my 22g 1 inch needles twice a week so that isn’t a factor to me.

Seems counter to everything i read about how great e3d is. I figure if i try e5d at a little lower dose I can eliminate the final 2 shitty days from the week.

Whats weird is that I seem to feel the Test pretty quick, almost like my body processes this stuff quicker than other people

Do what makes you feel better. The point of TRT is to provide symptomatic relief and if E5D does that for you, then do E5D.

However, another primary reason to inject more frequently is to better control an increase in E2. I have no idea if you’d experience any difference between E3D and E5D, however I assume the potential for E2 to increase at a quicker rate is a possibility. Probably best to keep an eye on labs and be self aware of how you’re feeling as increased E2 robs the upside of TRT for many guys.

Can we have some lab work with ranges in list format?
Not just hormones.

With 180mg T ester per week and no aromatase inhibitors [AI] your problem can easily be from elevated E2.

Thyroid could be a factor, see how to eval via oral body temperatures below.

We need more info about you, see 1st sticky.

Describe these negative effects in detail please.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

1 Like

Explain how you felt when you switched from once to twice weekly? When I was on 200mg every 3 weeks and I switched to E14D I felt horrible after third day of shot, my doctor thinks it was just too much testosterone for my body to handle. It felt like an alien was waiting to burst out from my chest! It sounds like your elevated E2 when you made the change. Once you find the right dosage for you, you will feel overall better injecting more frequently.