Injecting Sub Q to Reduce Scar Tissue

Have now done 2 subq Injections, one in each thigh.
I did find it slightly awkward with the lack of fat to inject into which led to me moving the needle around quite a lot whilst injecting.

Was surprised at how long it took to draw up the test but could barely feel the actual injection whilst doing it.

The injection area is however quite sore to the touch. First one less than the 2nd which may tie in with less movement while injecting on the 1st.

Redness has gone from the 1st injection I done a week ago but still have quite a prominent red swelling from the 2nd which was done Wednesday.
Is this common from subq?

Am thinking I’ll try injecting into hip area today which has more fat to grab.

I have the same issue with my thighs. I can only get a descent pinch of skin at the upper outside edge. If I move the needles around while doing it I end up with a tender spot. Still over all that is my favorite spot when I do my part. Yes it is normal, you will get better at it. And maybe you find above the hip to be a better spot for you. Some love the belly fat. Which I find to be pain free, but I do not like the bump is leaves on me.

Did you warm up the testosterone? That speeds things up and makes it more comfortable

@Ace39, I am also on sustanon 250 and would like to inject once every week instead of once every two weeks. Once you break the 1ML glass vial, how do you store your other 0.5ml?

@verne

I always put the test in warm water before drawing up to make it easier but still find it takes so long compared to when I injected IM. Could possibly go with a slightly larger needle but not sure how much difference that will make?

Injecting above the hip did still leave me slightly sore but think it went in slightly easier with more fat to grab. The bump just made my obliques look more defined although a bit red ha.

One issue with that site is that it makes squatting in a belt uncomfortable.

@guyali

I simply draw the test into 2 separate needles, inject one and keep the other stored in a safe place

@Ace39
Do you draw to an insulin syringe or normal needle?

And do you feel it’s better then injecting once every 2 weeks?

Was drawing up into a normal needle until just over a week when I switched to insulin needles for subq Injections.

Definitely feel it’s better for giving more stable levels and its also a plus not having to inject so much oil in one go

Okay it’s hard to believe because we get a glass vial and it’s hard to draw with the insulin neeed from it once broken and you can’t flip the vial upside down! So how on earth are you doing it!

Did you consider doing a shot every 3-4 days instead ?
What did you Doc prescribe you when he gave you sustanon, just curious!!

Thank you

It’s not the easiest thing to do out of the glass vial but is far from impossible. Perhaps why it’s taking so long compared to others though.

You just have to tip the vial on its side so the liquid can be reached by the needle.

I do inject every Wednesday and Sunday.

Doctor originally advised that I inject 1ml sustanon once every 2 weeks

@ace39 one last question, you withdraw with 4 insulin syringes and store them how? in a container in the fridge? or how?

and inject every 3 followed by 4? also injecting in the stomach fat?

Is there any reason why testosterone levels may drop when first switching to subq? It may be completely unrelated and I haven’t had bloods redone yet to check but my strength in the gym seems to have dropped very slightly over the past couple of weeks.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

@guyali

I just store them in a draw that isn’t used for anything but my needles so I know there’s no risk of them getting knocked or contaminated by anything or anyone.

Yes inject every Wednesday and Sunday which is about as evenly spaced as I can get it without constantly switching days which is slightly impractical with work obligations.

No and I have never heard of it happening, it does slow down absorption a little bit. But that does not lower testosterone levels. I guess they could drop for a day of two

I haven’t started with subq yet, but I might try splitting my test injectuiins between IM and subq injections. Meaning 125mg in one for IM and 125mg in one for subq. Do that for a few weeks to help is “cross over” if it does drop between.

@verne yes I thought the same, possibly a 1 or 2 day catch up period but nothing that would make much difference.

Have come down with the flu this past week so could have just been getting a bit run down with no relation to the test injection method.

@mwhities personally I wouldn’t bother switching between subq and IM. If you’re going to switch, just switch. Don’t think my drop in strength was to do with the test.

Still not sure on the red marks subq is leaving all over me but definitely a lot more comfortable than the tight hips / glutes that the IM Injections were causing!

I might not have been clear… I meant to say I’d do half IM and half subq for a few weeks to allow the “cross over” or “delay” of subq to catch up. After the two weeks or so, only do subq.

That is if there is a “delay” of the test getting into the system or if it’s slower. Make sense? haha I hope!

@mwhities @Ace39 guys I am storing my syringe in a sealed baggy, inside a container in the fridge… I dunno if this is safe to prevent bacteria… would you recommend a way to do it?

I’ve never messed with and don’t care to mess with back loaded syringes. So I’ll be of no help with this question.

@mwhities No no it’s not backloaded! I have a glass vial that I break and the oil is in there I withdraw 0.5ml from that vial and inject, get another needle and withdraw another 0.5ml and store. Straight from the glass vial into the syringe. No backloading

Also my sustanon has 100mg of bezyl alcohol in it as per label.

Ahhh, still not sure. Never messed with ampules. I’ve only used vials (still a newbie) and don’t refrigerate them.

Unfortunately for me I don’t have any ampules. My test comes as sustanon 250 in a stupid glass vial… dunno how and when I will find test cypointe, but until then gotta make sure I’m not injecting bacteria with oil into my body!

Glass vials are the standard. I’m not sure where your concern comes from. The vials are sterile as long as they are sealed and you swab the tops prior to drawing. Test Eth and TEst Cyp are pretty much the same. Is there a reason you want off the Sust and on to Cyp?