T Nation

Injecting Amino Acids?

I have done a little research on this topic and have not found much information. Does anyone have any information on injecting amino acids, specifically L-Arginine, L-Glutamine and L-Carnitine. I have access to pharmaceutical preparations from my physician and am wondering if they are worth the expense compared to oral ingestion?

Thanks!

[quote]emtp1 wrote:
I have done a little research on this topic and have not found much information. Does anyone have any information on injecting amino acids, specifically L-Arginine, L-Glutamine and L-Carnitine. I have access to pharmaceutical preparations from my physician and am wondering if they are worth the expense compared to oral ingestion?

Thanks![/quote]

I think you’ll find large quantities of steak more cost effective.

I’m not too sure arg works.
Maybe carnitine works for some.
And I don’t know about the glutamine.

For what supposed or theoretical benefit is injecting straight AA worth when you factor in the costs thereof?

Are you just trying to avoid degradation in the stomach or do you have some evidence that straight injection is safe and effective for whichever means you choose?

I know that injecting L Arginine is used to stimulate GH release and that is difficult to ingest enough orally for a similar effect. I was wondering if anyone else had tried this route and had any results.