Injectable, easily reversible vasectomy

Vasalgel is a vasectomy alternative that is currently under clinical testing in the U.S. It’s the same substance as RISUG, which is in phase III testing in India, currently. Assuming the animal sperm are destroyed properly and the toxicology tests conclude well, human testing could begin within the next year. This is being conducted with appropriate rigor to be certified by the FDA.

Possibly NSFW (pic of male testicles):

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/04/ff_vasectomy/

http://www.newmalecontraception.org/new-methods-3/risugvasalgel/

Cue the following levels of butthurt:

Women who think men shouldn’t have access to conraception

Women who secretly think it, but will still get angry at what I’m saying because they’re women

Women who just like conflict

Serious face: Good. About freaking time - they’ve already tested it on people in India, from what I can see it works.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Women who secretly think it, but will still get angry at what I’m saying because they’re women

Serious face: Good. About freaking time - they’ve already tested it on people in India, from what I can see it works.[/quote]

I’m going to be sorry I asked :slight_smile: and I know you’re just kidding but do you really think women won’t like this idea? I’d be surprised if that were the case.

Can’t come soon enough

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Serious face: Good. About freaking time - they’ve already tested it on people in India, from what I can see it works.[/quote]

I’m going to be sorry I asked :slight_smile: and I know you’re just kidding but do you really think women won’t like this idea? I’d be surprised if that were the case.
[/quote]

Were you speaking, I was still captivated by the woman holding the camera in your avi.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[/quote]

Were you speaking, I was still captivated by the woman holding the camera in your avi. [/quote]

=D

[quote]NAUn wrote:
Can’t come soon enough[/quote]

That’s punny.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[/quote]

I know there are women who won’t like the idea. Not that I’m implying the behavior in question is female specific, but in the context of this thread… well you get what I mean.

I’m talking mainly about the real pieces of shit who “accidentally” forget to take their pill. I think for many women like (I presume) yourself, it actually represents another safety net - which I fully support.

In a fully monogamous relationship, this is groundbreaking stuff. Temporary reversible sterility with no hormonal side effects? Uh, where do I sign up?

[quote]NAUn wrote:
Can’t come soon enough[/quote]
Haha

This stuff better be covered under insurance, with no co-pay, just as birth control for women is. It’s only fair.

[quote]sandbagger wrote:
This stuff better be covered under insurance, with no co-pay, just as birth control for women is. It’s only fair.[/quote]

Something cheap you only get once every 10 years?

Keep dreaming.

Cheapskate.

Dating a single mum is now a reality if I had this.

None of this “oops I’m preggers again” incidents.

You’d think this thread would be a fairly big deal on a site catering primarily to men.

Birth control that doesn’t affect testosterone levels.

The sponsoring organization, the Parsemus Foundation, has given the Vasalgel website a much-needed update.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

I don’t think that it’s working all that well…

http://countrymeters.info/en/India/

[quote]Elegua360 wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[/quote]

Do you even understand how a controlled study works?

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Elegua360 wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[/quote]

Do you even understand how a controlled study works?[/quote]

Do you even understand how a joke works?

[quote]Elegua360 wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Elegua360 wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[/quote]

Do you even understand how a controlled study works?[/quote]

Do you even understand how a joke works?[/quote]

Eh, I’ve heard so much crap from my GFs “feminist” University acquaintances that I’m not sure anymore.