Injectable B-12 Vitamin

Ok, I realize it’s not juice, but I’ve noticed more suppliers are offering injectable B-12 along with AAS.

What is the benefit? Not of B-12 per se - I mean, we all know the benefit of B vitamins, but I suspect there may be more to this since suppliers are offering B-12.

Could be talking out my ass here, but I’ve heard people saying that it helps you eat more when bulking. Unreliable source, so take it for what it’s worth.

Peace,
Ryan

I could be WAY off here, but I think some juicers mix B-12 with their gear. It helps ease some of the pain with some injectables.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Vitamin B12 is essential for synthesis of DNA, and consequently is required for all the growth and divison of our cells. B12 is a catalyst which converts follic acid to its active form. Folic acid is responsible for several reactions crucial to DNA synthesis. Without B12, folic acid is ineffective. A shortage of usable folic acid causes decreases in hematocrit, RBC maturity, and immune system function, injury to the nervous system, and wasting.

Fortuneately we only need about 2.4 ug of B12 per day. Our bodies can store up to 3mg of it in our liver also.

Dietary sources are mostly animal: Liver and dairy products are high sources

30% of adults over the age of 50 are unable to absorb Vitamin B12 from foods and should take a vitamin contaning B12 for supplementation

Vitamin B12 is Absorbed in the ileum of the small intestine -its absorption depends on a compound called “B-12-intrinsic factor complex” This compound acts like insulin by activating receptors on the intestinal wall, that cause the B-12 to be absorbed. People who lack this intrinsic factor need to have regular B-12 injections to ensure they remain healthy.

Unless you have these conditions, there is no need to supplement with Vitamen B-12.

I am going to do my best to explain this given my limited medical background, maybe P 22 could correct me if I mistep.

B12 is a water soluable vitamin - one that is very efficiently stored by the body. Most adults have an extremely long supply built up (years upon years) so if their body stopped absorbing the vitamin they would not notice for a long time. So it goes to say, that it would take a long time for noticeable syptoms of deficiency to appear.

Deficiency begins when the body stops producing a stomach molecule called Intrinsic factor. Intrinsic factor aids in the absorption of B12 into the blood stream. I believe there may be other ways of being B12 deficient such as being malnourished (but chances are that isnt a problem for most on this board).

Given the solubility and the bodies ability to store the vitamin, if you are not deficient the body most likely is not able to absorb any surplus introduced artificially. However, if you are deficient that is probably why the increased hunger and energy is coming from.

I had a long debate with one of buddies who is in his residency about the viability of using injectable B12 and if there are any tests that could be done. He told me that there are tests (I believe for stomch pH levels - although I may be wrong) but the cost of the test makes it not worthwhile at this point in life, especially if the sole reason I was doing it was for bodybuilding purposes. He said I would be better off just trying it to see if it makes me feel better.

Anyway this is how my friend explained to me. Take it for what its worth, but I was also interested in it at one time, and have decided not to use it. I just saw it as throwing my money out the window at my age. Anything beyond my lay attempt to explain everything would have to be answered by P22, spongebob, or your doc.

My supplier told me to use it as a medium for growth hormone as it was a sterile solution.