Inguinal Hernia Surgery

I am having surgery on an inguinal hernia. I have heard some people say 4 weeks till lifting, some have said 6 weeks, and some have said 8 weeks. How much muscle and strength do you think I’ll lose between 4-8 weeks?

I had it around ten years ago, before they could do it with the laser treatments, which I’m told drastically reduce the recovery time compared to the older treatments.

I was told 3-4 weeks on mine, which was pretty accurate only I got lazy during the layoff and ended up staying out longer.

Be prepared for pain the first day or two after. You’re not going to be able to move well at all, but like all things, will get better in time.

Good luck!

I had it around ten years ago, before they could do it with the laser treatments, which I’m told drastically reduce the recovery time compared to the older treatments.

I was told 3-4 weeks on mine, which was pretty accurate only I got lazy during the layoff and ended up staying out longer.

Be prepared for pain the first day or two after. You’re not going to be able to move well at all, but like all things, will get better in time.

Good luck!

i had this last year. Opt for the keyhole if you can

i had a 3" incision and some sever bruising afterwards

had trouble doing anything for about 4 days

so make sure you have someone at home to feed you/shop

started lifting after about 4 weeks, but really didn’t want to do anything before then.

then it takes about 6 months to truly trust yourself again.

back up to all my previous lifts now, and my Physique didn’t change much even with the reduced workouts