Ingrown Hairs

[quote]Professor X wrote:
TDA wrote:
Does anybody have any experience with ingrown hairs at the top part at the back of the neck, where the neck meets the hair line? I used to shave back there, but I only trim now due to ingrown hairs. I have some seemingly permanant, unsightly bumbs. I have a had them for a few years now and they don’t seem to be reducing.

Does anybody know of a solution or treatment?

Yes. Travel to the far reaches of your supermarket’s back wall in the health and beuty section where they toss all of the african american hair care and shaving products and see if you can find “Bump Stopper”. It usually works well, however, I would use it at night as it can possibly stain the back of collared shirts.[/quote]

Is it a chore going through life pissed off all the time?

[quote]Killer Rabbit wrote:
Professor X wrote:
TDA wrote:
Does anybody have any experience with ingrown hairs at the top part at the back of the neck, where the neck meets the hair line? I used to shave back there, but I only trim now due to ingrown hairs. I have some seemingly permanant, unsightly bumbs. I have a had them for a few years now and they don’t seem to be reducing.

Yes. Travel to the far reaches of your supermarket’s back wall in the health and beuty section where they toss all of the african american hair care and shaving products and see if you can find “Bump Stopper”. It usually works well, however, I would use it at night as it can possibly stain the back of collared shirts.

Is it a chore going through life pissed off all the time?[/quote]

Pissed off? I was actually smiling when I wrote that because it is the truth. Wait, are you going to tell me this doesn’t happen? If not then why did you write this? Does this mean you are pissed off because of my writing style? That must be a chore to read my posts and be pissed all of the time, huh?

sounds like you may have FOLICULITOUS. Google and you’ll learn a lot about it. I’ve had it come and go. Basically the hair folicle gets infected and never heals if not treated. My dermotologist put me on a strong anti-biotic for a month and that cleared it up. But it would come back probably from grappling in a gym that never cleaned the mats.

Anyway, ingrown hairs usually don’t last that long. Infected hair folicles do. And you might also look into your diet. Your body is actually supposed to be able to fight these types of infections if you are providing it with the proper amount of B vitamens, C and all that other good stuff. Working out tends to tax your immune system. Alchohol does also. So for me I have to take a lot of extra vitamens.

What’s scary is people that do contract FOLICULITOUS pretty easily are prone to staph infections. And staph is no joke. So make sure you’re doing everything you can for your immune system.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Killer Rabbit wrote:
Professor X wrote:
TDA wrote:

Yes. Travel to the far reaches of your supermarket’s back wall in the health and beuty section where they toss all of the african american hair care and shaving products and see if you can find “Bump Stopper”. It usually works well, however, I would use it at night as it can possibly stain the back of collared shirts.

Is it a chore going through life pissed off all the time?

Pissed off? I was actually smiling when I wrote that because it is the truth. Wait, are you going to tell me this doesn’t happen? If not then why did you write this? Does this mean you are pissed off because of my writing style? That must be a chore to read my posts and be pissed all of the time, huh?[/quote]

It’s gotten to be a chore. So I usualy skip them anymore.

So have second l’s in ‘usually’, apparently.

[quote]Killer Rabbit wrote:

It’s gotten to be a chore. So I usualy skip them anymore.[/quote]

Except these? Please, continue to skip them…anymore.