Ingredients in Glutamine Peptides

Does somebody know what the ingredients of glutamine peptide are? L-glutamin of course but what more? Other aminoacids? Is this something that varies from manufacturer to manufacturer?

Glutamine peptides are simply glutamine molecules joined together.

I recall reading that they are absored quicker.

I would stick to the regular free form glutamine though as it is cheaper as the extra cost of glutamine peptides are not worth it.

I hope i’ve recalled this correctly. It’s been quite some time since I did some reading about glutamine :slight_smile:

I ask this because I’ve seen one Glutamine Peptide product that contains 25% L-glutamine, 75% “other aminoacids”. So I was wondering if this is normal, and which these other aminoacids are.

I agree with Boxer…

How can something be called “glutamine peptides” if it only makes up 25% of the product?

The GI system contains enzymes to cleave the peptides… besides, if 40g/d doesn’t do anything, then clearly absorption means nothing.

Cheers

[quote]jma78 wrote:
I ask this because I’ve seen one Glutamine Peptide product that contains 25% L-glutamine, 75% “other aminoacids”. So I was wondering if this is normal, and which these other aminoacids are.[/quote]

Glutamine is an amino acid; as mentioned above, a glutamine peptide is a chain of glutamine molecules. The other amino acids are probably leftovers from the incomplete isolation of the glutamine molecules.