Ingredient Analysis

So, I’m not going to tell you what this is, but I want to know what makes the product bad in regards to the ingredients used in it. If someone can guess what it is, I’ll let you know, otherwise I’ll just say what it is in a few.:

Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Semisweet Chocolate Chips (Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Salt, Milk), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Water, Molasses, Eggs, Salt, Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Artificial Flavor.

PS: Point is, by looking at the ingredients, what is the really bad part of this product?

… Flour-Bleached… Oh sugar + semi-sweet chocolate chips. yummy. Soy lecithin and natural and arrtifical flavor? Why do you have to flavor stuff, when its supposed to be good for you? I think flavoring is just used to make food taste good; instead of crap.

“Partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oil”; should be pretty healthy. i mean, soybeans natturalllllyyy are hydrogenated; right?

I don’t think its very good. you just gota read all the articles on nutrition to know what i mean

Most of a chocolate chip cookie is bad for you. The item after “sugar” kind of gives it away.

I guess:

ENRICHED flour BLEACHED WTF?! Get the real stuff! Whole Wheat Flour, not that refined and artificially enriched shit…

Artificial flavor

Partially hydrogenated soybean and contonseed oil

[quote]newbie11 wrote:
what is the really bad part of this?[/quote]

Posting a chocolate chip cookie on a bodybuilding website?

WTF is this? I mean . . . really. . .

carbs are the enemy…

LOL. It’s cookie dough. Yea, no the macro breakdown would fool you though. That’s why I figured I’d show the ingredients. I thought it was interesting :smiley:

[quote]newbie11 wrote:
LOL. It’s cookie dough. Yea, no the macro breakdown would fool you though.[/quote]

In what way would it fool you?

Looking at these ingredients, it’s bleedingly obvious that almost all of them are bad for you.

Either fully hydrogenate the shit or leave it out.

Great motto!

[quote]newbie11 wrote:
So, I’m not going to tell you what this is, but I want to know what makes the product bad in regards to the ingredients used in it. If someone can guess what it is, I’ll let you know, otherwise I’ll just say what it is in a few.:

Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Semisweet Chocolate Chips (Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Salt, Milk), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Water, Molasses, Eggs, Salt, Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Artificial Flavor.

PS: Point is, by looking at the ingredients, what is the really bad part of this product?[/quote]

partially hydrogenated anything = transfat. worse fat there is, besides interestified fat.

Actually, I always include these when I bake cookies from scratch.

Ferrous Sulfate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Thiamin Mononitrate.

MMMMMM, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate.

cueball

Then tell me what this is:
Ingredients:
CJ Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate), Fruit Blend (Fruit Juice, Natural Grain Dextrin), Glucose Syrup, Water, Canola Oil, Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Chocolate Chips (Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Soy Lecithin), Vegetable Glycerine, Inulin, Honey, Natural and Artificial Flavors. Contains 2% or less of the following: Plum Puree, Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Salt, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Propionate, Sucralose

[quote]bigw10921 wrote:
Ingredients:
CJ Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate), Fruit Blend (Fruit Juice, Natural Grain Dextrin), Glucose Syrup, Water, Canola Oil, Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Chocolate Chips (Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Soy Lecithin), Vegetable Glycerine, Inulin, Honey, Natural and Artificial Flavors. Contains 2% or less of the following: Plum Puree, Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Salt, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Propionate, Sucralose[/quote]

Some granola bar or something, just a quick once over.

Wouldn’t eat it anyway: Soy shit, hydrogenation, more soy shit, sugar, and words I can’t pronounce.

[quote]bigw10921 wrote:
Ingredients:
CJ Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate), Fruit Blend (Fruit Juice, Natural Grain Dextrin), Glucose Syrup, Water, Canola Oil, Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Chocolate Chips (Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Soy Lecithin), Vegetable Glycerine, Inulin, Honey, Natural and Artificial Flavors. Contains 2% or less of the following: Plum Puree, Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Salt, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Propionate, Sucralose[/quote]

Is this some kind of stupid game?

Tri-o-plex bars suck, btw.

Try to guess what this is:

Ingredients:
Steak

Obviously, if it has alot of incredients, it is probably highly processed. I eat things like natural peanut butter on celery.

Nat PB: peanuts, salt
Celery: celery

or

pepered chicken breast: boneless skinless chicken breast, EVOO, pepper, salt.

Processed foods in general should be avoided. That is moral of the damn story isn’t it. Getting close to whole foods is the way to go.