Infrared Grilling

Been looking at grills since Oct. Plan was to buy 1 early spring. After looking at grills and doing some research I made up my mind to spend the lil extra $ and buy an infrared grill. The Char-broil infrared from Home Depot. 3 burner $599 and 4 burner w/ side burner, rotisserie, and digital tank readout & timer & thermometer for $899. $899 for my 1st grill was a bit much so I set my $.01 aside and planned to buy the $599.

Was walking threw Home Depot one day and I always check the grills to see if they’re on sale. Not this time. But next time I walked in the had the $899 on clearance for $649! Easy decision… Buy the $899 for $649. Anyways… its all hooked up now and just waiting for an evening to test her out. Has anyone here used or have an infrared grill. Thoughts? Experiances?

I’ve seen someone that has never used an infrared almost ruin some steaks, they cook really fast.

I’ve seen plenty of people who’ve used conventional grills many times before still ruin steaks.

The type of grill won’t be the issue.

i want the turbocooker looks sweet.

[quote]MNguns wrote:
Been looking at grills since Oct. Plan was to buy 1 early spring. After looking at grills and doing some research I made up my mind to spend the lil extra $ and buy an infrared grill. The Char-broil infrared from Home Depot. 3 burner $599 and 4 burner w/ side burner, rotisserie, and digital tank readout & timer & thermometer for $899. $899 for my 1st grill was a bit much so I set my $.01 aside and planned to buy the $599.

Was walking threw Home Depot one day and I always check the grills to see if they’re on sale. Not this time. But next time I walked in the had the $899 on clearance for $649! Easy decision… Buy the $899 for $649. Anyways… its all hooked up now and just waiting for an evening to test her out. Has anyone here used or have an infrared grill. Thoughts? Experiances?[/quote]

I got the four burner with side ‘stove’ for my birthday. Cooking times are very consistent with the Weber it replaced. The biggest difference is you do not spray or treat the cooking surface - you have to spray the meat you are cooking with the no-stick spray. I didn’t believe the directions (yup - I’m a dude) and treated the grilling surface the first time using it. I should’ve followed the directions is where I’ll leave that. Steaks and burgers have been my only experience thus far, and it’s been fine. Like anything, it takes some getting used to.

lol@i didnt believe the directions.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
I’ve seen plenty of people who’ve used conventional grills many times before still ruin steaks.

The type of grill won’t be the issue.[/quote]

Anyone can ruin a steak, but this situation was based solely on inexperience with infrared grills.