Information Age

[quote]SouthernGypsy wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Just think what it would be like to live with out Google

Okay, I’m thinking back to 1998…[/quote]

You are right in 1998 I was just leaning how to run the computer, now I have access to the largest library in the world with instant access

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
How much info could McCain come up with if he does not know how to work a computer? Even if he delegates all his research how much information is he missing? Just think what it would be like to live with out Google

If you had any idea how preposterous it is to consider google an essential presidential resource you would never have started this thread. Please.

I totally disagree, how many people live in any given city, what town was Vladimir Putin born in, what year was Kent State, what faction is from what part of Iraq, where else would you get your info?

[/quote]

Somehow the world functioned before Google.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
cremaster wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
How much info could McCain come up with if he does not know how to work a computer? Even if he delegates all his research how much information is he missing? Just think what it would be like to live with out Google

If you had any idea how preposterous it is to consider google an essential presidential resource you would never have started this thread. Please.

I totally disagree, how many people live in any given city, what town was Vladimir Putin born in, what year was Kent State, what faction is from what part of Iraq, where else would you get your info?

Pretty ironic that someone who doesn’t live with out Google didn’t bother to find out the reason behind McCains lack of computer skills!

please inform me

Google it. I mean, why in the fuck would you need someone to give you information when you have google?

[/quote]

I googled it i found McCain admits to it why the fuck should I care why he can’t use a computer , and why the fuck are you so polite

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
rainjack wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
cremaster wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

Pretty ironic that someone who doesn’t live with out Google didn’t bother to find out the reason behind McCains lack of computer skills!

please inform me

Google it. I mean, why in the fuck would you need someone to give you information when you have google?

I googled it i found McCain admits to it why the fuck should I care why he can’t use a computer , and why the fuck are you so polite

[/quote]

You might want to google “punctuation”. Seems you are all on about information, but can’t seem to create a coherently constructed sentence.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

Somehow the world functioned before Google.[/quote]

You are right it also funtioned before the aotomobile, pnone , T.V. before most of the news papers what is your point

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
rainjack wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
rainjack wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
cremaster wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

You may want to , I have no interest

please inform me

You might want to google “punctuation”. Seems you are all on about information, but can’t seem to create a coherently constructed sentence.

[/quote]

you may want to, I have no interest, I would love to continue this very meaningfull conservation but I have better things to do

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

Somehow the world functioned before Google.

You are right it also funtioned before the aotomobile, pnone , T.V. before most of the news papers what is your point
[/quote]

The point is that having all of the information of the world at your fingertips is of no practical value if you have no idea how to use that information. On the other hand, even incomplete information can be enough to base decisions on if you have the intelligence and the maturity to interpret it correctly.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
SouthernGypsy wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Just think what it would be like to live with out Google

Okay, I’m thinking back to 1998…

You are right in 1998 I was just leaning how to run the computer, now I have access to the largest library in the world with instant access

[/quote]

Here’s a tip.

Anything you have instant access to is not presidential information. Also, I’m pretty sure you could romp around google for years and not retain as much relevant information as any of the four candidates are in possession of already, especially Mccain and Biden.

You’re a post modern digital baby, who may be a nice kid, but you have no idea of how things work.

I don’t particularly care whether or not he can use a computer for the information.

But it does bother me that a man who is in his 70s and has no experience with computers or the internet could be signing off on very important issues like internet privacy, fraud, etc. if he’s elected.

That bothers me.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I don’t particularly care whether or not he can use a computer for the information.

But it does bother me that a man who is in his 70s and has no experience with computers or the internet could be signing off on very important issues like internet privacy, fraud, etc. if he’s elected.

That bothers me.[/quote]

Fair point.

We can only hope that he has informed IT staffers who can help him with his perspective on those issues. I do see him as somebody who would defer on issues he’s less versed in. Of course who those people would be matters.

That bothers me.[/quote]

What about a person that has no experience with the military being commander in chief?

That bothers me.[/quote]

What bothers me more than that is the fact that there is an entire government that is absolutely clueless about computer technology period.

What’s the difference between the POTUS not knowing and signing laws, and an entire congress that is at least as ignorant, yet writing, debating, and voting the same laws?

Kinda like Biden - and there are no words I can possibly use to describe my hatred for that piece of shit - ignoring the AMA, and the DEA, and the FDA and making AAS a class III controlled substance.

There is not a hell hot enough for that worthless, cocksucking, greasy haired mother fucker.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

That bothers me.

What bothers me more than that is the fact that there is an entire government that is absolutely clueless about computer technology period.

What’s the difference between the POTUS not knowing and signing laws, and an entire congress that is at least as ignorant, yet writing, debating, and voting the same laws?
[/quote]

Very true.

I worry that things like this will not be fixed until my generation, which is the first to be truly brought up with computers, gets into power, and that won’t be for another ten years or so.

I just hope they don’t fuck it up too much in the meantime.

[quote]
Kinda like Biden - and there are no words I can possibly use to describe my hatred for that piece of shit - ignoring the AMA, and the DEA, and the FDA and making AAS a class III controlled substance.

There is not a hell hot enough for that worthless, cocksucking, greasy haired mother fucker. [/quote]

Hahaha. I hear you.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

There is not a hell hot enough for that worthless, cocksucking, greasy haired mother fucker. [/quote]

I think I’m picking up the subtle hints here.

You are not too fond of Biden. Am I right?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
<<< What’s the difference between the POTUS not knowing and signing laws, and an entire congress that is at least as ignorant, yet writing, debating, and voting the same laws? >>>[/quote]

This is a great point.

Anybody remember watching Mudge and the LOpht crew testify before congress? I bet Lixy does. You never saw so many clueless stares in your life.

May be a bit better now, but I doubt much.

Very true.

I worry that things like this will not be fixed until my generation, which is the first to be truly brought up with computers, gets into power, and that won’t be for another ten years or so.

I just hope they don’t fuck it up too much in the meantime.
[/quote]

By then we will be trying to legislate regulations on the telepathic brain implants that is the rage amongst the youngsters.

Internet will be old news.

What bothers me more than that is the fact that there is an entire government that is absolutely clueless about computer technology period.[/quote]

Pick any innovation - machine guns, LSD, internet, accounting - and you can bet that the government was behind the curve, yet still clueless when they got around to legislating it.

I am a firm believer in the law of unintended consequences. If there is something the government decides to control, they will consider “public policy”, write laws and create some unforeseen problem. The internet is no different. Because they are clueless, however, we will find a way to work around what they fuck up.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Pick any innovation - machine guns, LSD, internet, accounting - and you can bet that the government was behind the curve, yet still clueless when they got around to legislating it.

I am a firm believer in the law of unintended consequences. If there is something the government decides to control, they will consider “public policy”, write laws and create some unforeseen problem. The internet is no different. Because they are clueless, however, we will find a way to work around what they fuck up.

[/quote]

Fair point.

Cripples have no business being president.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Cripples have no business being president.[/quote]

Yea. Good thing we’ve never had a president in a wheelchair or something. Everyone would probably think he was weak.