Info on Medicinal Cannabis

As if the rest of the world and other modern nations can do it but us. Maybe their system is something we can learn from? Why do the overwhelming majority of modern countries spend far less than we do?

So your contention is the U.S. canā€™t do it because of population? You do know that we spend the most per capita, right?

No my contention is they blew the budget by 700% when they only had 65 million confounding variables (people). Iā€™m sure they had their smartest bureaucrats on the case, but humans donā€™t behave like models say they will.

We have 325 million confounding variables, and a very strong distaste for rationing. Which the bootlickers in Europe are more okay with.

1 Like

Never once have I said we couldnā€™t do it. Iā€™ve said we shouldnā€™t do it. I can understand your confusion, though. My explanations involve more than 3 words and do not come accompanied by a YouTube video. Thus, they are too difficult for you to understand.

Yes, how to convince sheep, like yourself, to forfeit more of their earnings via taxation to keep us (politicians) in power while providing wait lists so long people will just die before they get care. Marvelous.

Oh, my bad, that was 35 words so I doubt youā€™ll get it.

Because they tax their citizens more, sacrifice leading-edge technology/treatments, and have comically long wait lists.

Just to be clear, all you did here was link to a PubMed search for the terms ā€œcannabisā€ and ā€œepileptic seizuresā€ - not a specific research article. This is basically a ā€œlet me Google that for you.ā€

There are 234 hits that come up. The vast majority of them do not refer to how cannabis is a treatment for and/or useful in reducing the incidence and/or severity of seizures.

As previously alluded by others in this thread, Iā€™m not even arguing against you that cannabis might be an effective treatment. Iā€™m saying that you do an absolutely awful job of constructing and defending arguments. Just linking to a PubMed search for those terms is not a mic-drop moment. It would be nice if you could actually articulate why any of the references that turn up in that search actually support your point.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s funny. I didnā€™t even click it.

Hit 1:

Lol

Beyond that the ones I clicked on look promising, but the irony of the first hit is just too good.

2 Likes

Side note. My middle sister has epilepsy. Not in any serious degree, she hasnā€™t had a seizure since she was like 9 or so.

That being said, sheā€™s not stupid enough to stop taking her epilepsy medication despite the MOUNTAIN of evidence around MJ and epilepsy at a duo as most of the research is poorly done.

Itā€™s one of the biggest problems I have with the GOP being so hell-bent on MJ being a schedule 1 drug. It stifles the shit out of real research and peer reviewed studies

3 Likes

I was sarcastically poking at you and your ā€œeducationalā€ crusade, because you utterly failed to mention something significant to the legalization / medicinal movement.

To your credit though, you did come back at me with some mighty strong bullshit that you arenā€™t even on the verge of understanding due to your violent allergy to real information.

2 Likes

And why do the overwhelming majority of other modern nations spend far less on healthcare, often with better results?

Can you please detail the total cost of healthcare per capita in America vs other countries that do it better?

Also, please define what you mean by ā€œbetter resultsā€ and post your supporting documentation.

1 Like

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLO

You must be new hereā€¦

4 Likes

So you pay more in taxes but donā€™t pay private taxes(premiums) so the overall effect is saving money. Something I think the right would get behind. However that is not their purpose. It is to serve their paymasters and ideology.

Already been answered and debunked,

Most of the waiting times deal with elective procedures.

Another myth brought to you by the people who financially benefit from our current system.

Speaking to the Aetna Investorā€™s Conference 2007, Troy Brennan let these nuggets drop:
The U.S. ā€œhealthcare system is not timely.ā€
Recent statistics from the Institution of Healthcare Improvement document ā€œthat people are waiting an average of about 70 days to see a provider.ā€
ā€œIn many circumstances people initially diagnosed with cancer are waiting over a month, which is intolerable.ā€
In his former stint as an administrator and head of a physiciansā€™ organization he spent much of his time trying ā€œto find appointments for people with doctors.ā€

A Commonwealth Fund study of six highly industrialized countries, the U.S., and five nations with national health systems, Britain, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, found waiting times were worse in the U.S. than in all the other countries except Canada.

How can that be? Fucking communists.

I primarily look at what is reported by the people who actually use it.

Plenty of more reports but too many to list. It is my declaration that results are the most important thing not knowing how it actually works via studies and clinical trials. Point taken via the PubMed argument.

What is ā€œSpiceā€? Do you even know? Is a synthetic form of cannabinoids the same as the whole natural plant?

Jesus Christā€¦

The right might get behind it if it was accurate, but itā€™s not.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/canada-wait-times-deadly-and-take-longer-than-ever/

Youā€™re stupid as fuck.

2 Likes

Zooooooom, over your head. Shocking.

With the consummate douchebag Jeff Sessions saying that MJ is only slightly worse than heroin. Does he have any legitimate evidence to support his claim? No. In fact, there is a mountain of evidence that says the exact opposite. Does anyone actually believe him? Doubt it. Does he even believe himself? Another big doubt. But that doesnā€™t matter, he is getting paid to make a complete asshole out of himself.

Glad your sister is doing okay.

Jeff Sessions: Iā€™d like to point to @Zeppelin795 post history as exhibit A.
Jury: Ban that shit.

2 Likes

What about the millions of people claiming relief. Are they just lying?

Honestly, itā€™s not his job to change or decide on what laws should exist and to what degree. Itā€™s his job to enforce the law as Congress writes it.

Personally, I hold it against Sessions exactly zero. Iā€™d do almost the exact same thing if I were him. Tell people itā€™s not my fuckin job and ask them to contact their congressmen

1 Like