Info on Medicinal Cannabis

So when you wrote before that you didn’t approve of our current medical system, I should have deciphered it as another “I don’t always mean what I type” moments?

So you do approve of our current medical system?

I can only hope there is an option available for people who like to pay more and receive less, when healthcare reform becomes a reality and it will. It is just a matter of time. The biggest question here is how long it will take you to make the switch? I will be smiling from ear to ear when that happens.

Never once have written I don’t approve of our current system. I said our current system could be better.

Use your worthless brain for once and decipher the difference.

I won’t have a choice. That’s what single payer is, moron.

Maybe they’ll have a 2-tiered system for people like you, who like to spend more and get less. How impressive our medical system is. Well maybe the politicians can tinker around on the edges with it so it can look like they are doing something, without actually changing it so we can still have the highest medical care costs all the while generating mediocre to poor results. Something to brag about.

Zep, would you mind posting some statistics that show this? What types of results are we comparing?

He won’t because he can’t. The best he’s come up with to date are patient surveys. Well, patients being happier with their care than American’s (who complain about almost everything) is hardly an indication of “better outcomes”. But fear not, he’ll post them anyway, again, while ignoring anything and everything the US does better like churning out more medical research & treatments than the rest of the world combined.

It’s amazes me that you’ve been on the planet for as long as you have and you still have no idea how the world works. Naive and stupid. What a combination.

A survey of some note.

A study and data pulled from the OCED countries.

Are these treatments effective at treating the cause of the disease or just the symptoms?

The Commonwealth study is culled from data of the OCED countries. And this includes surveys of the participants. Wow, how diabolical!

While the overwhelming majority of the evidence shows that single-payer is superior. You must deny it as your ideology demands you to.

You have very little, if any, evidence to prove otherwise, so you must ignore the truth because it doesn’t fit your worldview.

Like lobbying against choice, so Americans are pushed to take drugs?

Yes, I deal in reality while you live in a world of theory.

Nah, like researching Stem Cells more than every other nation combined. Derp.

It’s also using data from 2011.

You still haven’t figured out what this word means.

Cool story, bro. Let me know when the EU creates a single payer system that works and then we’ll talk.

Most laughable statement of the year so far.

What good is the amount of research if there is no application? Other countries have been using it successfully to treat chronic/degenerative diseases for over 10 years now. How come it isn’t standard of care in the U.S.? Answer: because it would cut into the profits of Big pharma. And after all that is what is important, not helping people.

So why isn’t it true now? When did the U.S. make such strident gains in this field?

So why do most of the studies from around the world say similar things? Are the other countries colluding to make the U.S. “healthcare” system look bad?

Evidence, studies and surveys already show many European countries healthcare systems surpass that of the U.S. in terms of cost and outcomes.
But hey, keep denying it cause its coming as the majority of the U.S. citizens approve of it. Like I said I can only hope they will leave an option open for those who like to pay more for less.

Are you a child? You think like a child. I thought you were an old man. Perhaps I was wrong.

First of all, there is application. Second, the treatments you want are unproven. This has been covered, extensively.

Dude, 2011 is pre-Obamacare… A lot has changed here and a lot has changed in healthcare throughout the world. When it comes to data, 7 years is a long time. Not useless, but not exactly relevant.

Let me stop you there, again. They aren’t studies. Most of the stuff you post is just surveys.

Probably because you cherry-pick “studies” from pro-single-payer resources like a good drone.

It has nothing to do with the other countries. It has everything to do with the agenda of the resources pushing for single-payer in the US.

You don’t get it and I’m not surprised. Most EU countries are small compared to the United States. Most don’t face the same problems we face. I realize in your useless brain you think all countries are the same. They’re not. A single-payer system across the EU where German citizens have to support Greek citizens would be a much better/closer comparison to how a system would work in the US. Right now, the EU has something more attune to each state having their own single-payer system. Like if California and New York and Florida each had their own system.

No, they don’t. You’re wrong as usual.

There will be because people that make more than $10/hour will want good fast care. Not government rationed shit care that takes for fucking ever to get and only covers what they deem is necessary.

For chronic/degenerative diseases?

And what do you say to the tens of thousands of people who have been treated with these “unproven treatments” positively. Maybe they’re all lying or experiencing a placebo. i’m sure it really doesn’t matter as results don’t count.

Are you saying the ACA has had a positive impact on the healthcare system?

A more recent study.

Data sources included Commonwealth Fund international surveys of patients and physicians and selected measures from OECD, WHO, and the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies

So it includes far more than just surveys.

So your definition of cherry-picking includes getting data from the majority of other modern nations. Because they have some form of single-payer. What modern country has a successful for profit healthcare system?

So again, other modern countries that have some form of single-payer shouldn’t count because… Do other sources who want to keep the status quo have an agenda?

Here we go with the population excuse. All of the other countries are different sizes and all of them have their own unique problems. But that hasn’t stopped single-payer from working. C’mon you can do better than that lame excuse.

So other European country’s don’t have counties where one is helping to cover another?

Yes they do and you’re wrong a usual. Kind of funny to see you get so desperate to believe such things as it is beginning to end for your ideology.

Care to cite any references?

Whoa hold the phone, they asked a whole 1,212 people.

That’s def representative of 320 MILLION people.

God you’re a fucking clown.

Look at all these sweet outcomes.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/pdf/10.1377/hlthaff.28.6.1838

Awesome stuff, we should definitely adopt single-payer.

2 Likes

Bought and paide for by your local Big Insurance Company - Single Payor is the way of the Future and only humane option.

Bro, I can only hope when, not if, but when single pay passes here there is an option for you to pay more for less*. I’ll be smiling from ear to ear.

*You will pay for less. Less wait times…

I truly can’t wait for the shortages. I’ll probably be reaching the age when I’ll need more medical care (hopefully not - hopefully I stay as healthy as possible) so these young fucks who vote for that shit’ll have to pay for my old, sick ass more than I’ll pay for my own old, sick ass.

I better start looking at tax havens and off shore accounts before they start taxing the hell outta my savings and investments…know any good ones?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I do not.

1 Like

presenting a link without comment. I’d like to see how each side interprets this. Comparing the USA, UK and 17 Western countries' efficiency and effectiveness in reducing mortality - PMC