Info on HRT

Hi,
I’m rather new to this forum, and have seen a number of posts regarding HRT. Can someone provide me with information, or link for me to learn more about this. I am interested. Thank you.

For your location:

Explore the site and read/read/read.

[quote]Lorne wrote:
Hi,
I’m rather new to this forum, and have seen a number of posts regarding HRT. Can someone provide me with information, or link for me to learn more about this. I am interested. Thank you.
[/quote]

Not to sound like an ass, but you could actually read those posts; just about every aspect has been covered at some point in time. Also, learn to do a search on this site. There are several good articles on the hormone testosterone itself.

[quote]Lorne wrote:
Hi,
[/quote]

I will give you one little tidbit that might help your search. The acronym HPTA might come in handy when searching this site and the web. It stands for Hypothalamus Pituitary Testicular Axis, which refers to the 3 main human glands involved in the production of testosterone.

This is a site put up by a drug company re their product Testim, but it has good basic info about low testosterone, as well as a questionaire (the ADAM test) you can take to see if you have the symptoms.

There are many good threads here – as the others have said, do a search of HRT. I learned a lot from the guys on this site when I was figuring out I had low test. And I mean a lot. I am still learning from them as I try to get a handle on managing this.

Understanding Low T

Another great site that I learned a lot from initially –

http://www.andropause.ca/en/index.asp

And a Canadian one too!

Thank you to all who’ve responded with great advice. I appreciate it!

It all needs to start with blood tests. You’ll want to know total and free testosterone and estradiol. Until you know exactly where you’re at, it is all a guessing game.