Info About Massage

My name is Big Bob Amador and I am a certified massage therapist. I been reading all these posts and there are a lot of good topics and subjects so I wanted to add what I know best and that is the wonderful world of massage therapy. Massage is a natural way to feel better,detox,and recover from injury. If you have the spare cash don’t go to a bar and drink it up go to a therapist and get yourself introduced to a great way to heal from workouts, injuries, ETC… or to just feel better and be able to relax. I’ll be adding more to this subject in the near future so for now I want to hear from you folks.

Hi Big Bob

I’m midway through learning Swedish Massage course (VTCT Level 3)in the UK. I’ll look forward to reading any advice you have.

I do have one question to start off. What would you advise learning next after my course finishes in July? I had been thinking of either Sports Massage or Chinese Massage (Tui na) although there’s not many places to learn this over here.

Regards

Mark

You folks ever heard of MIGUN massage? If so, what do you think of it.

I’m sorry but I’m not sure I’d ever feel comfortable getting a massage from a guy named “Big Bob” unless it was some sort of prison arrangement.

…I hope this story has a happy ending!

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
I’ll be adding more to this subject in the near future so for now I want to hear from you folks.

…I hope this story has a happy ending!

[/quote]

A show of hands for everyone who wants a happy ending from a guy named Big Bob?

DB

Is that him in the picture. Can anyone guess which one?

[quote]Irish Muscle wrote:
From my limited experience, thai massages are the best i’ve ever had. They are also the only massages i have ever had so i guess i don’t really know which massages are the best.

But one thing i do know is that if you ask thai woman for a “boom boom massage” you may get a slap in the face, or a piece of heaven.[/quote]

Is that boom boom massage with or without a “happy ending”?

No offense to Big Bob, but I dont think I would ever want a massage from a guy. Its a little homoerotic.

I have a question. Why do a lot of massage practitioners tend to buy into the way out of this world stuff? The old "make sure you drink a lot of water after a massage because there are a lot of toxins being released during a massage. Now the drink more water is usually good advice to most people because of the chronic dehydration thing but has anyone done any type of blood work or urinalysis to support the claim?

[quote]keaster wrote:
No offense to Big Bob, but I dont think I would ever want a massage from a guy. Its a little homoerotic. [/quote]

I don’t know…if I’m looking for a real, deep tissue, productive massage, I want the biggest mo-fo they got to do it. Some skinny little girl giving me a light rub-down isn’t going to cut it (hey, I’m happily married. My wife does all the rub down action for me). I only had one professional massage and it wasn’t very good. Kind of weird having another woman rub my back (I hear the single guys calling me a puss). Now, when I had serious back problems and saw a real D.O., that dude broke me down shotgun style and did stuff that actually scared me and caused physical pain. But in the end he fixed my back and it feels great.

Those “relaxation” rub downs are almost worthless.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
keaster wrote:
No offense to Big Bob, but I dont think I would ever want a massage from a guy. Its a little homoerotic.

I don’t know…if I’m looking for a real, deep tissue, productive massage, I want the biggest mo-fo they got to do it. Some skinny little girl giving me a light rub-down isn’t going to cut it (hey, I’m happily married. My wife does all the rub down action for me). I only had one professional massage and it wasn’t very good. Kind of weird having another woman rub my back (I hear the single guys calling me a puss). Now, when I had serious back problems and saw a real D.O., that dude broke me down shotgun style and did stuff that actually scared me and caused physical pain. But in the end he fixed my back and it feels great.

Those “relaxation” rub downs are almost worthless.
[/quote]

Yeah, real (deep tissue, painful) massage therapy is all that keeps me going sometimes. I’m a real responder to it, the difference is like night and day for me. I am secure in my heterosexuality so getting therapy from a guy is not an issue. The strength of the therapist, however, is. I’ve been getting massage therapy for close to 20 years and there have been a few women who had the strength to get into the scarred up beef jerky that I have for muscles nowadays, but usually it takes a (big) guy. The biggest guy was 6’4" 260 lbs and he was sweating like a pig before the sessions were over trying to get the trigger points in my back broken up.

I also used to have a table and took some seminars and classes on massage. It is a great way to get a valuable perspective on the muscles, how the work, move, where they are located, etc.

So what is the differance between ART and a deep tissue massage?

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
A show of hands for everyone who wants a happy ending from a guy named Big Bob?
[/quote]

[quote]caladin wrote:
So what is the differance between ART and a deep tissue massage?[/quote]

ART involves pinning part of the muscle down while putting it through its range of motion in order to break up adhesions.

All this talk of massage… damn I want a massage now.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Grimnuruk wrote:
caladin wrote:
So what is the differance between ART and a deep tissue massage?

ART involves pinning part of the muscle down while putting it through its range of motion in order to break up adhesions.

Now that we know that…So what is the difference between ART and BOB?[/quote]

LOL!

Well on problem of this thread, was the author was named bigrob and put pictures of a woman massaging a woman. For most of us here deep tissue massage, that treats triggeer points, the fascia works the best. ART and Rolfing would also be good modalities to get too.

I do deep tissue that resembles ART, trigger point and like Rolfing too. So let just say I make MMA guys tap when I work on them.