Influx of Newbies

Fahd… I agree with you. The problem is we’re brainwashed by the magazines and workouts that “Ronnie used to get ripped”. If newbies like me don’t post our stupid questions, we’ll probably just continue what we’re doing. Part of learning to lift is being told that we’re wrong, and skinny, and dumb.

My 2c.

[quote]fahd wrote:
I propose having a FAQ in the Nutrition and Beginners Forum. Possible topics are: creatine, No2, calories intake, diet guide, basic “T-Nation Training Principles”.

This would prevent the same bloody question being posted every week(for example “whats the best program for mass”, and “should I use No2”.

My 0.02,

Fahd[/quote]

No offense, fahd - but you can;t swing a dead cat around here without hitting a damn FAQ about something. Vroom has started 2 beginner threads. Kuz has an FAQ about the terminology used here. The staff did a ‘Top T-Nation Diets’ article not too long ago.

I think that if the newbs that really wanted help would just use the search function - they would find more FAQ’a than they could ever think about asking.

The problem is more with immature kids like Kim-Jong, whatever the hell his name is. They aren’t concerned with learning anything. They want to be stroked and tolsd how smart they are, or how massive their 125 pounds of muscle look stretched over 6’2" of 16 year-old frame.

These are the one’s that have declared open season on themselves. FAQ’s won;t help them. They already know all the answers.

[quote]georgeb wrote:
Fahd… I agree with you. The problem is we’re brainwashed by the magazines and workouts that “Ronnie used to get ripped”. If newbies like me don’t post our stupid questions, we’ll probably just continue what we’re doing. Part of learning to lift is being told that we’re wrong, and skinny, and dumb.

My 2c.[/quote]

But…but I want to cuddle you and pet you and hold you and name you George.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Kim Jong-il wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
I looked around here for a while before I registered, just in awe of the articles and all that. And I simply changed my program to one of those that I found here because my current one wasn’t doing shit. There’s a difference between a new guy and MUSCLETEEN. Kim song, maybe if you were around here a bit longer…you would know that.

Newbies flaming me…is this how the British felt when they lost the Revolution?

Ok… for a kickoff it’s actually Kim JONG not song you pleb.
Secondly: by ‘fucktarded veterans’ I mean the self proclaimed veterans who ARE fucktards. Slight difference to ‘ALL VETERANS ARE FUCKTARDS’.
And thirdly, just to clear things up:

You are a fucktard.

You started this thread so what did you expect? All of the ‘i’ll bum you if you bum me in the next thread’ crowd to start vigorously anally raping you? Well guess what… ah fag it, i can see your too busy getting bummed.

Haha. You’re really going to make a ton of friends here…let me tell you.[/quote]

Oh gee i’ve really signed my death warrant now! I should have listened to the guys: ‘don’t mess with mafiosa boss irish because then everyone’ll be on your ass’ they’d tell me.

Strangely none of your ‘e-friends’ seem to be backing you up on this score.
In fact i’m the only one not ignoring you.
That changes from this point onwards.

[quote]Kim Jong-il wrote:
[/quote]

Read Rainjack’s post you dumb fuck. No one is flaming you 'cos its not worth it!

[quote]fahd wrote:
Kim Jong-il wrote:

Read Rainjack’s post you dumb fuck. No one is flaming you 'cos its not worth it![/quote]

No, and you just did.

Oh gee i’ve really signed my death warrant now! I should have listened to the guys: ‘don’t mess with mafiosa boss irish because then everyone’ll be on your ass’ they’d tell me.

[/quote]

I guess you never bothered to read any of the other posts on this thread… Somehow I don’t see michael2507, Massif, ProfX, rainjack or deanosumo (to name a few) somehow not matching up with the same sentiment.

FightinIrish26 wrote:
Kim Jong-il wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
I looked around here for a while before I registered, just in awe of the articles and all that. And I simply changed my program to one of those that I found here because my current one wasn’t doing shit. There’s a difference between a new guy and MUSCLETEEN. Kim song, maybe if you were around here a bit longer…you would know that.

Newbies flaming me…is this how the British felt when they lost the Revolution?

Ok… for a kickoff it’s actually Kim JONG not song you pleb.
Secondly: by ‘fucktarded veterans’ I mean the self proclaimed veterans who ARE fucktards. Slight difference to ‘ALL VETERANS ARE FUCKTARDS’.
And thirdly, just to clear things up:

You are a fucktard.

You started this thread so what did you expect? All of the ‘i’ll bum you if you bum me in the next thread’ crowd to start vigorously anally raping you? Well guess what… ah fag it, i can see your too busy getting bummed.

Haha. You’re really going to make a ton of friends here…let me tell you.

[/quote]

I was just commenting on your wonderful attitude. You’re on the fast track to garnering lots of respect. So keep talking. Cause I’m still laughing.

OK…let’s just chill the fuck out for a second here. We are all agreed that we hate skinny jackwits who think they’re the shit, when they are, in fact, just plain shit. We are also all agreed that - in the majority of cases - a lot of the people who have posted here for a long time know their shit. But, ladies and gentlemen, you cannot ignore the fact that there does appear to be some serious bum-sex going on here.

I mean, honestly, some of you pathetic guys are like lawyers, pretending to debate when you do, in fact, actually anally abuse each other; and, of course, there is always a head ‘judge’, if you will, that you insist on giving head to 24/7 (in this case Prof X.) Now i’m not really a fan of rim-jobs so can we please cut the shit and actually talk about decent stuff that doesn’t involve everyone in a gay gang-bang. And to the guy that started this thread: clearly you have some form of attention seeking disorder, so maybe you should consult a doctor before posting seemingly random chuffle-nuts on this website.

Just a technical-kinda idea:

I think an excellent addition to the site, something to point newbies to, would be a video demonstration faq.

If anyone remembers (and I’m sure most of you do) the great Flash video clips that accompanied the “10 Uses For The Smith Machine” article, these are what would work best, IMO.

Most newbies come in here and, when asked about their programs, report that they’re using machines almost exclusively. This could be because, let’s face it, machines are easier. You don’t have to “humble” yourself by asking “How do I do this?” i don’t know if anyone else deals with teenagers on a regular basis, but admitting they don’t know something is not one of their favorite things.

(Neither is dressing properly, but that’s another thread…)

Having a library of video demonstrations would make it easier for veterans to say, “Look, kid: do some sumo-grip deadlifts. This is what they look like.”

Anyway, my 4 cents. (Why not 2? Cuz I think it’s a reeeeeeeeal good idea, that’s why.)

I’m not a newbie to training but I am a newbie to posting on T-Nation and I would just like to thank all the ‘veterans’ on this site for their contributions. For taking the time to answer some of the shit that newbies send in, you all deserve medals.

Kia Kaha

Have you guys noticed that the only people who started bitching here: francisbouillon and Kim Jong Il both registered less than a month?

Give some respect for the people who have thousands of posts; observe the state of the forums for a while before you run your mouth.

[quote]francisbouillon wrote:
OK…let’s just chill the fuck out for a second here. We are all agreed that we hate skinny jackwits who think they’re the shit, when they are, in fact, just plain shit. We are also all agreed that - in the majority of cases - a lot of the people who have posted here for a long time know their shit. But, ladies and gentlemen, you cannot ignore the fact that there does appear to be some serious bum-sex going on here.

I mean, honestly, some of you pathetic guys are like lawyers, pretending to debate when you do, in fact, actually anally abuse each other; and, of course, there is always a head ‘judge’, if you will, that you insist on giving head to 24/7 (in this case Prof X.) Now i’m not really a fan of rim-jobs so can we please cut the shit and actually talk about decent stuff that doesn’t involve everyone in a gay gang-bang. And to the guy that started this thread: clearly you have some form of attention seeking disorder, so maybe you should consult a doctor before posting seemingly random chuffle-nuts on this website.[/quote]

Ouch. Ever think that maybe I just got tired of reading thread after thread of newbies being jerkoffs? Ever think that it irritates me just a little that there are a ton of threads that show them how to do it, but this shit comes up constantly, every day, with another guy? Yea, maybe I forgot what it is like to be 14 and trying to weightlift for the first time…its been awhile. But either way, that does not account for the classic muscleteen attitude.

There are two things I love talking about, know something about, and love learning about. Lifting is one of them. So as a consequence I don’t like people showing up in every other thread acting like know it alls. Kind of like you.

You can take your “bum sex” and shove off if you don’t dig how the guys on the site. Fag. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course.)

As a newB to T-Nation, I’ve been reading away for months. I check out a few articles every day and have been trying different programs. Usually, when I come up with a stupid question, I can find the answer somewhere else on the site before I make an ass out of myself and post. The only thing I do feel knowledgeable about enough to post on has been politics and martial arts.
I think the reason there appears to be an influx of idiocy is because that is the contingent that exposes itself. I’m sure there are plenty others out there like me, just soaking it all in.

I hope this doesn’t mean that I’ve blown my cover.

You are completly devoid of having any maturity or tact. You like to stir shit up becuase YOU are the attention whore.

The fact that you use your screen name for some militant asshole dictator out of a movie says it all. You are an asshole, and have no creativity of thought or originalty.

I back up Irish and his post, but none of yours. Kindly re-register to a new site since you really have nothing to offer anyway. There are some newbies who should be voted off as well as getting flamed.

Well done Kim Jung Il! Thats the best troll job I’ve seen lately! Keep posting and you will enter the hall of fame with:

xcelticx
muscleteen
Light power

and many more!

Congrats Fighting Irish. You created a bait that gets the fish to jump into the boat.

[quote]francisbouillon wrote:

I mean, honestly, some of you pathetic guys are like lawyers, pretending to debate when you do, in fact, actually anally abuse each other; and, of course, there is always a head ‘judge’, if you will, that you insist on giving head to 24/7 (in this case Prof X.) Now i’m not really a fan of rim-jobs so can we please cut the shit and actually talk about decent stuff that doesn’t involve everyone in a gay gang-bang. And to the guy that started this thread: clearly you have some form of attention seeking disorder, so maybe you should consult a doctor before posting seemingly random chuffle-nuts on this website.[/quote]

It seems like you are pretty much obsessed with homo-sex action, Francis. I don’t think this is the website for you.

FightinIrish26 wrote:
I
You started this thread so what did you expect? All of the ‘i’ll bum you if you bum me in the next thread’ crowd to start vigorously anally raping you? Well guess what… ah fag it, i can see your too busy getting bummed.[/quote]

You seem obsessed with bumming, too. PM Francis, maybe you two can hook up.

Check his profile Francis teaches at Oxford. LOL