T Nation

Inflammed Lymph Nodes.

Ok, I have pretty inflammed lymp nodes basically all the time. I don’t understand why and my doctor doesn’t really either. I rarely get sick, and I eat very healthy and I’m an athlete.

Does anyone know of any tweeks I could try in my diet or supplementation?

I think it might be dairy because I’ve always been somewhat lactose intolerant and have recently started drinking more milk. Is this a possible reason? Irritation maybe?

Any input would be appreciated.

try another doctor

this is not stuff to be messed around with, and i doubt any of these skilled T-Nations fools can help you

an oncologist wouldn’t be a bad place to start

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
Ok, I have pretty inflammed lymp nodes basically all the time. I don’t understand why and my doctor doesn’t really either. [/quote]

If they are “inflamed basically all the time”, how was it determined that they are inflamed? If you aren’t sick, why were they being checked out?

I’m not a doctor of medecine like some other posters here but based on my experience I reccomend massaging under the armpits first and then the nodes on the neck.

It can’t hurt, and if you do it I will believe you aren’t lazy.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
Ok, I have pretty inflammed lymp nodes basically all the time. I don’t understand why and my doctor doesn’t really either.

If they are “inflamed basically all the time”, how was it determined that they are inflamed? If you aren’t sick, why were they being checked out?[/quote]

It’s part of my bi-annual physical for sports. I determined it being inflammed because there are times when they aren’t bulging and tight, therefore I find that when they are not like that then there is a difference and they must be inflammed.

Where are the swollen nodes located?

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
Professor X wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
Ok, I have pretty inflammed lymp nodes basically all the time. I don’t understand why and my doctor doesn’t really either.

If they are “inflamed basically all the time”, how was it determined that they are inflamed? If you aren’t sick, why were they being checked out?

It’s part of my bi-annual physical for sports. I determined it being inflammed because there are times when they aren’t bulging and tight, therefore I find that when they are not like that then there is a difference and they must be inflammed.[/quote]

But you have no pain in the area and aren’t sick, they just feel more firm? Firmness alone doesn’t indicate “swollen lymph nodes”, especially if you are the only one who has diagnosed the “firmness”. I think the best advice is a second opinion, but that may be why your doc didn’t see a need to do anything.

It could be anything from a soap allergy to cancer.

Get a second opinion.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Where are the swollen nodes located?[/quote]

Just below the jaw bone.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
Professor X wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:

It’s part of my bi-annual physical for sports. I determined it being inflammed because there are times when they aren’t bulging and tight, therefore I find that when they are not like that then there is a difference and they must be inflammed.

But you have no pain in the area and aren’t sick, they just feel more firm? Firmness alone doesn’t indicate “swollen lymph nodes”, especially if you are the only one who has diagnosed the “firmness”. I think the best advice is a second opinion, but that may be why your doc didn’t see a need to do anything.[/quote]

Yeah I guess you’re right but I still think I’ll try no lactose for a few days and see if the firmness/irritation subsides.

Thanks everyone for the input.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
Ok, I have pretty inflammed lymp nodes basically all the time. I don’t understand why and my doctor doesn’t really either. I rarely get sick, and I eat very healthy and I’m an athlete.

Does anyone know of any tweeks I could try in my diet or supplementation?

I think it might be dairy because I’ve always been somewhat lactose intolerant and have recently started drinking more milk. Is this a possible reason? Irritation maybe?

Any input would be appreciated.[/quote]

One of my close friends had this, and it turned out to be the oddest thing. They were larger b/c air some how got trapped in there. She had had a skating wrecked but they weren’t sure if it was that, the fact that she played the trumpet, or all the blow jobs she gave me…yea not so much the last one, wishful thinking. Anyway it could be something along those lines.
Oh and btw this gal is a total t-vixon, 6pack and all!