T Nation

Inflammation, Insulin and Peri-WO Nutrition?

I am a young teenage lifter who aspires to be a professional bodybuilder,To enhance my knowledge i have been reading up a lot on nutrition (training i am sticking to tried and tested methods and no fancy stuff,since i am a beginner).I have read that insulin is a highly anabolic hormone and is responsible for driving nutrients inside muscle cells when they are most receptive(training and after training ).

After reading content on how insulin also blunts inflammation during workout,Wouldn't it also have some amount of negative effect in satellite cell proliferation which happens in response to inflammation only ? So isn't trying reducing inflammation during training ie: using peri workout nutrition upto some extent not productive because aim of training is stress and inflammation ?

[quote]kingdetermined wrote:
I am a young teenage lifter who aspires to be a professional bodybuilder,To enhance my knowledge i have been reading up a lot on nutrition (training i am sticking to tried and tested methods and no fancy stuff,since i am a beginner).I have read that insulin is a highly anabolic hormone and is responsible for driving nutrients inside muscle cells when they are most receptive(training and after training ).

After reading content on how insulin also blunts inflammation during workout,Wouldn’t it also have some amount of negative effect in satellite cell proliferation which happens in response to inflammation only ? So isn’t trying reducing inflammation during training ie: using peri workout nutrition upto some extent not productive because aim of training is stress and inflammation ?[/quote]

In short if I am understanding it right, it boils down to: a little inflammation is required, but a lot is counterproductive to our goals. Too much inflammation leads to higher levels of insulin resistance. Also, there is a big difference between how the body reacts to its own insulin production and regulation vs. say insulin injections (which increases inflammation). To answer your question directly, it’s also important to differentiate how inflammation is handled (check out this article: https://www.T-Nation.com/training/do-pain-pills-impair-muscle-growth ).