'Inferior' Genetics and Lifting/Bodybuilding

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]In10s wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:
Why do people say that Chinese people have inferior lifting/bodybuilding genetics?
When they win an obscene about of medals in all the world competitions?

I always hear people saying shit like ‘Asian people have all the genetics stacked up against them’ in bodybuilding. And tbh, it just sounds like racist bullshit, because they may have more ectomorphic bodies to begin with, but genetically i don’t see the proof they base their assumptions on that Asians are inferior lifters. [/quote]

The RETARDS who make claims for Asian muscle-building inferiority are basing it off of stereotypes. The stereotypes which depict Asians as scrawny workaholics and academic nerds.

[/quote]

That assumes that all stereotypes are baseless.

[/quote]

There is no doubt plenty of Asians who fall into the workaholic/academic nerd category. Such obsevations are usually evident in Western countries. Yet all one has to do is actually go to various countries in Asia and this stereotype will vanish quickly. The Northern Asians such as the Mongolians, Koreans, Japanese and Chinese have their fair share of big guys with loads of muscle and strength building potential. Their equivalent of “big farm/country boys” are less likely in general to immigrate to Western countries to pursue PHDs and/or work around the clock at a family business.

[quote]In10s wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]In10s wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:
Why do people say that Chinese people have inferior lifting/bodybuilding genetics?
When they win an obscene about of medals in all the world competitions?

I always hear people saying shit like ‘Asian people have all the genetics stacked up against them’ in bodybuilding. And tbh, it just sounds like racist bullshit, because they may have more ectomorphic bodies to begin with, but genetically i don’t see the proof they base their assumptions on that Asians are inferior lifters. [/quote]

The RETARDS who make claims for Asian muscle-building inferiority are basing it off of stereotypes. The stereotypes which depict Asians as scrawny workaholics and academic nerds.

[/quote]

That assumes that all stereotypes are baseless.

[/quote]

There is no doubt plenty of Asians who fall into the workaholic/academic nerd category. Such obsevations are usually evident in Western countries. Yet all one has to do is actually go to various countries in Asia and this stereotype will vanish quickly. The Northern Asians such as the Mongolians, Koreans, Japanese and Chinese have their fair share of big guys with loads of muscle and strength building potential. Their equivalent of “big farm/country boys” are less likely in general to immigrate to Western countries to pursue PHDs and/or work around the clock at a family business.[/quote]

This.

True, the Chinese men don’t dominate the 94s and up but they got a lady in the 75+ that is on top of the world.

[quote]The Ox Man wrote:
Bringing up Olympic lifting. Speaking for the Chinese success anyway, one of the top coaches there has been quoted as saying that asians are often at a genetic disadvantage when it comes to strength and size. Which is why they have so much emphasis on technique and perfect execution compared to many other countries, as they need to to be able to beat out the other “stronger” lifters. Of course the Chinese always seem to be the strongest pure strength wise anyway so I’m not really sure how well that quote stacks up, but interesting nonetheless.

It should be noted that the Chinese are very dominant in the lighter categories but have no one of note in the 94+. Either way weightlifting and bodybuilding are very different, someone who is gifted for one is not necessarily gifted for the other, in fact the ability to easily pack on size could be considered a disadvantage in weightlifting as they might have more trouble staying in a weight category and as a result have to do more significant weight cuts.[/quote]

[quote]renatus wrote:

[quote]Rush88 wrote:
Might have something to do with the fact that most are like 5’5 so big and strong is relative.[/quote]

I live in England, most of my Asian mates are 5ft10 at least. All of the Asian betas/geeks seem to have emmigrated to the USA and Austalia, giving the rest of us a bad name. For the most part, Asian Americans are a disappointment.

FOB’s may lack any cultural sophistication, but they are a hell of a lot more alpha than Asian Americans in pretty much every sense too.
[/quote]

It also depends on which “asians” we’re talking about depending on the area of origin physical traits vary greatly. OP specifically mentioned chinese people, 5’5 might have been a bit of an exaggeration but they’re not notoriously big and or tall.

5’10 is averageish and not on the big side either way. If we’re looking at ethnic groups “asian” as most people would classify them don’t exactly come to mind as being naturally big.

I’m 6’1 and half filipino and I tower over everyone on my mom’s side of the family along with just about anyone else any time we go to any type of pinoy social gathering or event.

“Asian” genes are not very anabolically nor androgenically inclined. That is, if we’re talking about the most common chinese ethnicities.
However, with their coaching and the right chemicals, they do phenomenally well in oly lifting, where their leverages make them rather talented.

1 Like

I’ve lived in US, Canada and Europe…Now I’m in an “Asian” country with over a billion people…

Western people in general are bigger/more muscle in regards to the population as a whole.

You dont see nearly as many “big ol country boys” here as you would in other parts of the world.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:
most American people are ignorant on forums and make idiotic racist remarks. [/quote]

[quote]renatus wrote:
All of the Asian betas/geeks seem to have emmigrated to the USA and Austalia, giving the rest of us a bad name. For the most part, Asian Americans are a disappointment.
[/quote]

You sound like a great guy. I can tell you hate generalizations and stereotypes.[/quote]

LULZ…you know that guy who says stupid shit at the bar, about how other people are assholes…and he is a huge asshole.

That’s our Ren.

Are sumo wrestlers small people, i forgot ?

lol @ genetic potential

short guys do have it good as far as filling out their frames
dark skinned people like black people and southern indians do have it good as far as having a permatan

[quote]In10s wrote:

Just from anecdotal evidence, the best calves I’ve seen are sported by Asians (whether they train or not). Most of them have very long gastrocnemius muscles coupled with wide soleus muscles.

[/quote]

This. I also live and train in the country with +1 billion people and it’s shocking to see the calf development of even regular gym goers here. Oh yes I’m envious. Also about how everybody seem to be able to squat with pretty much perfect form without much instruction.

The calf thing is kind of funny, every time I go to hawaii I always notice how jacked people’s calves are.

[quote]Rush88 wrote:
The calf thing is kind of funny, every time I go to hawaii I always notice how jacked people’s calves are. [/quote]

Presenting, the Manti Te’o calf program…it doesn’t exist!

I am not pro-asian or pro-anything. But when people say 1 billion country doesnt provide many bodybuilders due to genetics you have to compare the cultures, too.

How many people are starving in the US compared to china/india?
How many are working in factories since 10yo doing 14h a day?
How do the average workdays compare?
Is it popular to do bodybuilding or is it popular to play badminton/ping pong/ do kungfu?
Is it ok to eat big amounts of meat in their religion, can they eat beef?
Which country is more obsessed with big muscles and have higher drug abuse, steroids etc?

etc

When we answer these question we can come to the conclusion US is better off in bodybuilding.

[quote]Cron391 wrote:
I’ve lived in US, Canada and Europe…Now I’m in an “Asian” country with over a billion people…

Western people in general are bigger/more muscle in regards to the population as a whole.

You dont see nearly as many “big ol country boys” here as you would in other parts of the world.[/quote]

I am in Taiwan and I see lots of guys with fantastic shoulders. I mean I’m not weak in my pressing and my shoulders are wide enough, but I don’t have that wonderful meaty cap slapped on both sides of my shoulders like a few guys here do.

You can see some absolutely phenomenal legs on guys here (women too!) and calves that look bigger than many bodybuilder’s and of curse we now that muscles like the calves are more than 50% genetics…if your tendons go too high then you’ll be limited in how much growth you can expect in your calves.

NikH, do you realize that genes do play a major role in how our bodies grow and develop?

All things being equal, asians would still be smaller and more delicate people.

Ha! I accidentally typed “curse” in there but I’ll leave it since it feels oddly appropriate.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
NikH, do you realize that genes do play a major role in how our bodies grow and develop?
[/quote]

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
lol @ genetic potential

short guys do have it good as far as filling out their frames
dark skinned people like black people and southern indians do have it good as far as having a permatan[/quote]

Being brown isn’t all its cracked up to be.

Asians as a general rule are all fantastic squatters. Go down to the local Asian shops and one guy is usually sitting comfortably at the bottom of a squat. While the typical Asian is smaller, they have leverage advantages/pelvic differences? Which appear to make them designed for the correct lifting technique; compared to my Anglo-Saxon mates with their long femurs who struggle to break parallel.

Asians = designed to squat, an important factor in Olympic lifting.

[quote]NikH wrote:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
[/quote]

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BC2AHU6Vhuk/TtLJu89BmLI/AAAAAAAAAtg/-UD7anq-WBs/s1600/sumo-wrestling-size-does-matter.jpg[/quote]

So?