'Inferior' Genetics and Lifting/Bodybuilding

Why do people say that Chinese people have inferior lifting/bodybuilding genetics?
When they win an obscene about of medals in all the world competitions?

I always hear people saying shit like ‘Asian people have all the genetics stacked up against them’ in bodybuilding. And tbh, it just sounds like racist bullshit, because they may have more ectomorphic bodies to begin with, but genetically i don’t see the proof they base their assumptions on that Asians are inferior lifters.

Is Olympic weightlifting the same as bodybuilding?

Not a very good theory. Factor in the fact that the chinese have a pool of 1 billion people to pull the most genetically gifted from, the fact that they pre-select the kids for the sport most suited to them in kindergarden, and the EXTENSIVE and elaborate state-controlled drug regimens they are on. If the US had anything like the chinese program, they would DOMINATE, even with one third the population.

So no, GENERALLY, asian people have lesser gentic potential for lifting weight, but of COURSE there are genetic freaks in every race. Nature of the bell curve my friend

[quote]renatus wrote:
Why do people say that Chinese people have inferior lifting/bodybuilding genetics?

I always hear people saying shit like ‘Asian people have all the genetics stacked up against them’ in bodybuilding. And tbh, it just sounds like racist bullshit, because they may have more ectomorphic bodies to begin with, but genetically i don’t see the proof they base their assumptions on that Asians are inferior lifters. [/quote]

The RETARDS who make claims for Asian muscle-building inferiority are basing it off of stereotypes. The stereotypes which depict Asians as scrawny workaholics and academic nerds.

First of all Asian is a very broad term. Many Asians resent the fact that they are all lumped together under the same “ethnic umbrella.” There is as much genetic diversity amongst Asians as any other people. And within that genetic diversity is a plethora of individuals with muscle building capacity.

Just from anecdotal evidence, the best calves I’ve seen are sported by Asians (whether they train or not). Most of them have very long gastrocnemius muscles coupled with wide soleus muscles.

How do you qualify genetic potential?

[quote]In10s wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:

I always hear people saying shit like ‘Asian people have all the genetics stacked up against them’ in bodybuilding. And tbh, it just sounds like racist bullshit, because they may have more ectomorphic bodies to begin with, but genetically i don’t see the proof they base their assumptions on that Asians are inferior lifters. [/quote]

The RETARDS who make claims for Asian muscle-building inferiority are basing it off of stereotypes. The stereotypes which depict Asians as scrawny workaholics and academic nerds.

[/quote]

That assumes that all stereotypes are baseless.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]In10s wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

That doesn’t mean that it is not a generalisation. There is no conclusive evidence to prove that Asians have inferior muscle building inferiority. That type of talk is a bullshit Nazi scientific mentality.

[quote]The_Great_Dane wrote:
Not a very good theory. Factor in the fact that the chinese have a pool of 1 billion people to pull the most genetically gifted from, the fact that they pre-select the kids for the sport most suited to them in kindergarden, and the EXTENSIVE and elaborate state-controlled drug regimens they are on. If the US had anything like the chinese program, they would DOMINATE, even with one third the population.

So no, GENERALLY, asian people have lesser gentic potential for lifting weight, but of COURSE there are genetic freaks in every race. Nature of the bell curve my friend[/quote]

“If the US had anything like the chinese program, they would DOMINATE, even with one third the population.”

Yes, but that is because of the USA’s much higher genetic diversity. That has no bearing on whether the Chinese have inferior genetics, just that the USA has more genetic groups to choose from. Yet, when people say ‘the USA is better herpa derpa’ they auto assume that it is white/black men that are better when that is just racist bullshit.

[quote]renatus wrote:

So no, GENERALLY, asian people have lesser gentic potential for lifting weight, but of COURSE there are genetic freaks in every race. Nature of the bell curve my friend[/quote]

“If the US had anything like the chinese program, they would DOMINATE, even with one third the population.”

Yes, but that is because of the USA’s much higher genetic diversity. That has no bearing on whether the Chinese have inferior genetics, just that the USA has more genetic groups to choose from. Yet, when people say ‘the USA is better herpa derpa’ they auto assume that it is white/black men that are better when that is just racist bullshit. [/quote]

O.K., we get it. You ain’t racist.

So what else do you want to make a statement about?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:

Yes, but that is because of the USA’s much higher genetic diversity. That has no bearing on whether the Chinese have inferior genetics, just that the USA has more genetic groups to choose from. Yet, when people say ‘the USA is better herpa derpa’ they auto assume that it is white/black men that are better when that is just racist bullshit. [/quote]

[/quote]

I hate ignorance, most American people are ignorant on forums and make idiotic racist remarks. A simple Google search would prove that.

[quote]renatus wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]In10s wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

That doesn’t mean that it is not a generalisation. There is no conclusive evidence to prove that Asians have inferior muscle building inferiority. That type of talk is a bullshit Nazi scientific mentality. [/quote]

Stereotypes exist for a reason, because they often contain more than a kernel of truth.

If you dont generalize and insist on seeing everything as an isolated incident you do not think better, you do not think at all.

While I agree that generalities can be problematic, insisting on not using them means you using them without being aware of it.

[quote]renatus wrote:

I hate ignorance, most American people are ignorant on forums and make idiotic racist remarks. A simple Google search would prove that. [/quote]

That is fucking gold right there.

Stereotypes are bad mmmkay?

[quote]renatus wrote:
[/quote]

Who says this?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:

I hate ignorance, most American people are ignorant on forums and make idiotic racist remarks. A simple Google search would prove that. [/quote]

That is fucking gold right there.

Stereotypes are bad mmmkay?[/quote]

We’re also fat, and lazy.

[quote]renatus wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:

[/quote]

Do you feel better now?

Bringing up Olympic lifting. Speaking for the Chinese success anyway, one of the top coaches there has been quoted as saying that asians are often at a genetic disadvantage when it comes to strength and size. Which is why they have so much emphasis on technique and perfect execution compared to many other countries, as they need to to be able to beat out the other “stronger” lifters. Of course the Chinese always seem to be the strongest pure strength wise anyway so I’m not really sure how well that quote stacks up, but interesting nonetheless.

It should be noted that the Chinese are very dominant in the lighter categories but have no one of note in the 94+. Either way weightlifting and bodybuilding are very different, someone who is gifted for one is not necessarily gifted for the other, in fact the ability to easily pack on size could be considered a disadvantage in weightlifting as they might have more trouble staying in a weight category and as a result have to do more significant weight cuts.

Might have something to do with the fact that most are like 5’5 so big and strong is relative.

[quote]Rush88 wrote:
Might have something to do with the fact that most are like 5’5 so big and strong is relative.[/quote]

I live in England, most of my Asian mates are 5ft10 at least. All of the Asian betas/geeks seem to have emmigrated to the USA and Austalia, giving the rest of us a bad name. For the most part, Asian Americans are a disappointment.

FOB’s may lack any cultural sophistication, but they are a hell of a lot more alpha than Asian Americans in pretty much every sense too.

[quote]renatus wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:

[/quote]

Dude, you are stereotyping ‘most’ American people

[quote]renatus wrote:
most American people are ignorant on forums and make idiotic racist remarks. [/quote]

[quote]renatus wrote:
All of the Asian betas/geeks seem to have emmigrated to the USA and Austalia, giving the rest of us a bad name. For the most part, Asian Americans are a disappointment.
[/quote]

You sound like a great guy. I can tell you hate generalizations and stereotypes.