Inexpensive Ladder

I want to get into mobility/agility drills with a ladder…

but they are 30 bucks and i am in school… any ideas on how to make one?

Buy a bunch of rope. Have two long pieces, and cut up a bunch of short ones and tie them to each long one.

Err that would work right? I’m no ladder expert.

um, 30 bucks dude? are you really that hard up?

I guess that dollar amount is . . . 2BIG2HANDLE for him.

crickets

I’m here all week.

[quote]frisbee wrote:
um, 30 bucks dude? are you really that hard up?[/quote]

[quote]NNNNate wrote:
I guess that dollar amount is . . . 2BIG2HANDLE for him.

crickets

I’m here all week.

frisbee wrote:
um, 30 bucks dude? are you really that hard up?

[/quote]

That was so dumb, I had to laugh.

[quote]NNNNate wrote:
Buy a bunch of rope. Have two long pieces, and cut up a bunch of short ones and tie them to each long one.

Err that would work right? I’m no ladder expert.[/quote]

No!

Unless you are a very good knotsman, as soon as you put any weight on the short piece it would slide right down to the bottom.

That and $30 of good rope won’t build you a very big ladder.

Just save up for a couple weeks and buy yourself a real ladder. For safety’s sake if nothing else. Just think about if someone wanted you use their homemade ladder. Fuuuuuck that.

Laugh all you want. It’s early in the morning and I thought he was going to climb ladders for agility. Whatever. I’ve heard of weirder things.

Anyway now for the real answer. If you go to any tire dealer they will give you old tires for free. Just build a ladder out of those. It takes up more space but if you really can’t afford the 30 bucks then I guess it would be worth it.

[quote]2BIG2HANDLE wrote:

but they are 30 bucks and i am in school… any ideas on how to make one?[/quote]

Forget the ladder. Just make some hoops about 16 - 18" in diameter. Much more versitale than a ladder and don’t get tangled and cheaper. I just made some today at work from the plastic strapping that comes around skids of papers. Just tape the stuff into a circle. Ghetto training is the best.
Tonight I’ll have the girls softball team using bundles of newspapers (5 and 10 lbs.) for medicine ball exercises. Instead of sandbags, the girls will use their equipment bag.
Everyone has one, and full of all the junk the carry, it weighs about 25-30 lb. Use your creativity.

TNT

For a ladder-like inexpensive ladder I suggest a ladder.

r00k

[quote]2BIG2HANDLE wrote:

but they are 30 bucks and i am in school… any ideas on how to make one?[/quote]

How about a couple rolls of tape and an open area? Or some chalk and a parking lot?

When I was in school, I made lots of things out of popsicle sticks%)- Very cheap.

DB