Indigo Project Training

CT,

Does one use the "Perfect Rep" style described in ibodybuilder in the Indigo Project Training Programs. Sometimes I find myself "straining" through sticking points of my "big" lifts (squat, deadlift, bench - mainly bench) especially when adding weight each week. Would I get better results by decreasing the weight some and focus on accelerating the weight throughout the movement or "pushing" myself by grinding through with heavier weights?

Thanks,

TW

[quote]Tigertorey wrote:
CT,

Does one use the "Perfect Rep" style described in ibodybuilder in the Indigo Project Training Programs. Sometimes I find myself "straining" through sticking points of my "big" lifts (squat, deadlift, bench - mainly bench) especially when adding weight each week. Would I get better results by decreasing the weight some and focus on accelerating the weight throughout the movement or "pushing" myself by grinding through with heavier weights?

Thanks,

TW[/quote]

For the high frequency strength part you should not strain/grind… only use weights that you can be explosive with. For the other sections you can go heavier.

Thank you very much. I have finished all three phases of strength and have moved on to performance. I am having trouble maintaining explosiveness as I get into the later reps of the high frequency strength. Should I lower the weight to maintain explosiveness in the later reps (however the early reps would be much easier)? Or, should I allow for the slowed reps in the latter parts of the set.

My other question is that I seem to have a difficult time finishing the entire training session. I have about an hour and a half to train and have repeatedly had to cut short sessions. I always do the high frequency strength and foundation work. I do not take long breaks in between sets, and I try to use autoregulation principles to guide my training sessions. Should the sessions take this long to finish?

Thanks again,

TW

Hey CT!

Been doing your hypertrophy 2 cycles now, comin up to
The third, question is, due to the high frequency/volume to believw this to be a overreaching phase and to take time off?

Also are you a believer to adaptation to high volume, e.g now thatbmy body is used tothis workload i would have to increase workload here on out?

Layne norton speaks on this in regard to both diet and training e.g slowly adding in adding cardio lowering cals etc only when you NEED too, or in this regard adding reps and sets when we need too?

Ow
I actually thought i asked an intellegent question lol