Indigo Progress

[quote]gregron wrote:
Looking “normal” is a huge accomplishment for someone who is 400-500lbs… but the thing that is sad is how many people GET to that 400-500lb state in the first place. Thats what I was referring too (the all time high of obesity rates)

does that make sense?[/quote]

Yea, I gotcha. Along that vein, what I find sad is people’s altered perception in America. Like I cannot name the number of times I will mention someone being fat, only to hear, “they are not fat!” Fat is actually normal now.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

Just to put this out there…but if you need a nutritionist like that just to get in shape at all, you are probably not cut out for this.

I could see using a nutritionist to take it to the next level…as in competition or to really push the envelope and get ripped…but to simply look like a serious weight lifter?
[/quote]

I think, if we’ve learned anything from these boards over the years, that a lot of people are completely happy with just looking “normal”. I think a lot of people would hire nutritionists to be normal looking… Hence the popularity of TV shows like, The Biggest Loser, Extreme Make Over: Weight Loss Edition, Heavy ect.

Not that you or I would ever aspire to look “normal” but for a lot of people, thats what they want. I guess thats just a sad side effect of the state of fitness in the US population dont ya think?

but yeah… I agree with what you said[/quote]

For some, looking “normal” is a HUGE accomplishment. I tip my hat to them and don’t consider it sad at all. I do scratch my head though if they decide to stop once they hit normal. [/quote]

Looking “normal” is a huge accomplishment for someone who is 400-500lbs… but the thing that is sad is how many people GET to that 400-500lb state in the first place. Thats what I was referring too (the all time high of obesity rates)

Not just that, but from what I’ve seen, most of these people do look normal…like the average sedentary person who doesn’t lift.

You fix that by living the lifestyle of an actual bodybuilder.

A nutritionist shouldn’t be needed to get you to look like you lift…unless you are simply completely turned around on how to eat at all on a basic level of nutrition.[/quote]

I think if someone is able to admit that they are all turned around about the way they eat, and acknowledge that they could use some professional help, they are more committed to the game then someone who keeps grinding their wheels making no progress, sitting in denial that they just don’t have it figured out. [/quote]

Dude, the issue is not whether someone is clueless, it is that the actual act of getting into “very average normal shape” takes way less attempts at spending money on nutritionists and way more effort avoiding cookies and actually MOVING on a regular basis.

Denial is what allows someone to get to 500lbs in the first place.

I am simply talking about WILL POWER. If the advice now is to run around telling everyone they need to spend money on a nutritionist, then some may be missing the point of this being a lifestyle and/or misunderstanding just how much effort they need to put into this.

No one is saying we don’t want people to try or that we don’t think ANYONE will ever need a nutritionist.

The average person on this site who still looks like a sedentary person doesn’t look that way because they need a nutritionist. they look that way because they don’t put the effort in the gym and the kitchen at home.

There are people who eat like pure crap but look amazing…because they work hard…

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

Just to put this out there…but if you need a nutritionist like that just to get in shape at all, you are probably not cut out for this.

I could see using a nutritionist to take it to the next level…as in competition or to really push the envelope and get ripped…but to simply look like a serious weight lifter?
[/quote]

I think, if we’ve learned anything from these boards over the years, that a lot of people are completely happy with just looking “normal”. I think a lot of people would hire nutritionists to be normal looking… Hence the popularity of TV shows like, The Biggest Loser, Extreme Make Over: Weight Loss Edition, Heavy ect.

Not that you or I would ever aspire to look “normal” but for a lot of people, thats what they want. I guess thats just a sad side effect of the state of fitness in the US population dont ya think?

but yeah… I agree with what you said[/quote]

For some, looking “normal” is a HUGE accomplishment. I tip my hat to them and don’t consider it sad at all. I do scratch my head though if they decide to stop once they hit normal. [/quote]

Not just that, but from what I’ve seen, most of these people do look normal…like the average sedentary person who doesn’t lift.

You fix that by living the lifestyle of an actual bodybuilder.

A nutritionist shouldn’t be needed to get you to look like you lift…unless you are simply completely turned around on how to eat at all on a basic level of nutrition.[/quote]

I think if someone is able to admit that they are all turned around about the way they eat, and acknowledge that they could use some professional help, they are more committed to the game then someone who keeps grinding their wheels making no progress, sitting in denial that they just don’t have it figured out. [/quote]

Dude, the issue is not whether someone is clueless, it is that the actual act of getting into “very average normal shape” takes way less attempts at spending money on nutritionists and way more effort avoiding cookies and actually MOVING on a regular basis.

Denial is what allows someone to get to 500lbs in the first place.

I am simply talking about WILL POWER. If the advice now is to run around telling everyone they need to spend money on a nutritionist, then some may be missing the point of this being a lifestyle and/or misunderstanding just how much effort they need to put into this.

No one is saying we don’t want people to try or that we don’t think ANYONE will ever need a nutritionist.

The average person on this site who still looks like a sedentary person doesn’t look that way because they need a nutritionist. they look that way because they don’t put the effort in the gym and the kitchen at home.

There are people who eat like pure crap but look amazing…because they work hard…
[/quote]

Ok. I get it now. Like my mother, who is obese, no nutritionist on this planet would fix that, because she doesn’t like to move and her diet is crap. She doesn’t have the will power.

So are you talking about people who use a nutritionist as a crutch? instead of a tool to take their physique to the next level? A nutritionist can be a great tool, but only after you internalize the process. A nutritionist can’t motivate you.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]Jakabol wrote:
Thank you Stu for the imput. I believe it takes someone of your caliber to truly speak on the effectiveness of this supplement. I have to laugh when I look at all these people willling to pay hundreds of dollars a month for a supplement when it is obvious from their physique that they were not doing much if anything to control their diet previously. Why pay all that money when they could first hire Shelby or another quality nutritionist for a fraction of the cost and 10 times the results. [/quote]

I’ve got a better idea. Do both. Just make sure the nutritionist understands you will need carbs.[/quote]

LOL.

Are you guys serious with that type of thinking?

This is a lifestyle…and no, clearly many here were not living it before.

I would fix that first.[/quote]

PX it was a bit tongue in cheek. Everyone’s asshole is up in a giant bleeding knot over Indigo-3G so I just offered a solution to the above. While we’re at it, lets throw in lipo, lipo shots, P90X and a plastic sweat suit.

I just find it hilarious everyone is freaking out over Indigo-3G. But speaking of, I just took mine 60 minutes ago and there is an all you can eat pizza buffet calling my name!( and anyone who believes I am heading to a cici’s can kiss my pale semi lumpy ass )