T Nation

Indigo on a Budget

I plan to finally purchase Indigo within the next month or so…but on a budget. The Reactive Pump program sounds awesome, but the $300 for a month is a little to rich for my blood.

With a cap of $200, what else should I include for a months worth. I was wanting to get Curcummin, and maybe FA-3. What else should I include to get the most bang for my buck while on Indigo? MAG-10, Anaconda…again, needs to be under $200 total.

Thanks guys.

[quote]littlebigguy wrote:
I plan to finally purchase Indigo within the next month or so…but on a budget. The Reactive Pump program sounds awesome, but the $300 for a month is a little to rich for my blood.

With a cap of $200, what else should I include for a months worth. I was wanting to get Curcummin, and maybe FA-3. What else should I include to get the most bang for my buck while on Indigo? MAG-10, Anaconda…again, needs to be under $200 total.

Thanks guys.[/quote]

Well, its generally recommended that you run Indigo at full dose for at least 8 weeks, this will run you $195 a month(If you sign up for Auto-Ship). After running the full dose for 8 weeks you can switch to what they consider a maintenance dose which is a single dose per day, which will drop to $97.50 a month(again, if on Auto-Ship.)

What would be recommended along with Indigo would be to take care of training nutrition, which would include either Anaconda or PLAZMA, with PLAZMA being the number 1 recommended. The PLAZMA stack they offer includes a bottle of Indigo with it, as well as a month’s long supply of PLAZMA if training 5x per week. The stack would probably be your best bet after running the inital 8 weeks of full dose.

You can however always post questions in the daily LiveSpill and either CT or CS will give you some guidance on what to do given your specific budget and needs. I would post your questions there and you will definitely get some solid advice in the right direction.

I should add that this will be a 1 time purchase for the very foreseeable future thanks to tax refunds. This won’t be a recurring order.

While I rely quite a bit on the Curcumin and Fish Oils for joint health, and holding a tighter body composition when cutting, I would figure that you’d want to take advantage of Indigo’s ability to utilize carbohydrates more effectively. To me, that would mean really focusing on periworkout nutrition.

IMO, depending on what the rest of your daily diet looks like, I’d grab some Finibars (always helped me to really cram some good quality carbs in around my training), and Anaconda. I can’t honestly give my thoughts on the Plazma as I’ve been a little behind on the write-ups the last few weeks (real work just keeps interfering with my internet time -lol). ZRAW, who recently competed and is in the process of adding some quality size has been relying on it, and he certainly seems pleased with his results.

S

OP,

IMO, if this is a “one time purchase” like you say it is then it is probably not the wisest way to spend your money. Why would you want to buy one month worth of expensive supps when you have no intentions of continuing on with them? I don’t see the point.

What happens if you get amazing results? You start gettin better pumps, feeling more fresh at the gym, look visibly fuller and more vascular while appearing leaner etc. etc. etc… Then what? You stop after 1 month because you can’t afford it and things go back to the way they were before hand? What a bummer that would be lol.

You would be better off, again IMO, by purchasing a higher quantity of less expensive supps and being able to extend their uses. Stu reccomended a few good ones in the above post.

Again, this is just my opinion so take it for what you will. Heck, you may be better off spending that $200 on something you might need like gym clothes, new training shoes or even a really nice date night with a wonderful young lady. Who knows?

Anyway, best of luck with your goals. The items tha you are interested in are quality products for sure but if you cannot afford to use them continuously then you won’t reap the long term beni’s from them.

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like Indigo will stay on the back burner for a while longer. I’ll give it some more thought on what direction my money would love to be spent.

Get a small boatload of protein powder (not particularly from here).

A bottle of creatine.

A decent multi-vitamin.

A bottle of fish oil (nothing fancy).

POUND the protein (multiple servings several times a day), and take the others as directed. Train hard, eat, sleep and hopefully by the time you run out, your money stack with have also grown and then repeat.

Yep, Already to 2-3 servings of protein a day along with creatine. Was looking to go above and beyond that a little. Last month or so, up 2 pounds, down 1.5% BF. Stupid high rep heavy squats making me outgrow my jeans and buy a new pair. I guess high rep and heavy for me. 315 for 12.

[quote]gregron wrote:
OP,

IMO, if this is a “one time purchase” like you say it is then it is probably not the wisest way to spend your money. Why would you want to buy one month worth of expensive supps when you have no intentions of continuing on with them? I don’t see the point.

What happens if you get amazing results? You start gettin better pumps, feeling more fresh at the gym, look visibly fuller and more vascular while appearing leaner etc. etc. etc… Then what? You stop after 1 month because you can’t afford it and things go back to the way they were before hand? What a bummer that would be lol.

You would be better off, again IMO, by purchasing a higher quantity of less expensive supps and being able to extend their uses. Stu reccomended a few good ones in the above post.

Again, this is just my opinion so take it for what you will. Heck, you may be better off spending that $200 on something you might need like gym clothes, new training shoes or even a really nice date night with a wonderful young lady. Who knows?

Anyway, best of luck with your goals. The items tha you are interested in are quality products for sure but if you cannot afford to use them continuously then you won’t reap the long term beni’s from them.[/quote]

I think everyone can benefit from a 6-12 week cycle of Indigo-3G without continuing after, but with only 200$ to spare, I think you nailed it.

get a bulk purchase of hydrolysed casein, even half a serving anywhere periworkout will massively improve recovery

Looked around and is really hard to find it anywhere besides this site. Is hydrolyzed whey equivalent…or inferior?

[quote]littlebigguy wrote:
Looked around and is really hard to find it anywhere besides this site. Is hydrolyzed whey equivalent…or inferior?[/quote]

marginally inferior but basically very similar -its good stuff

Search for Peptopro :wink:

Also, I would def go for Plazma.
For 300$ you got 3 boxes of Plazma and 1 bottle of Indigo-3G. And would use the 6 caps of Indigo-3G pre-WO protocol.

Mat’

I would really love to, but the tax refund isn’t as large as I thought it would have been. So no Plazma or Indigo-3G until a new job comes along. And same with Peptopro.

Thanks for the info gents. Going to do what I can to get my workout nutrition in line a little more.

[quote]littlebigguy wrote:
I would really love to, but the tax refund isn’t as large as I thought it would have been. So no Plazma or Indigo-3G until a new job comes along. And same with Peptopro.

Thanks for the info gents. Going to do what I can to get my workout nutrition in line a little more.[/quote]

Honestly, you can’t go wrong with Surge Recovery for workout nutrition…
http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/surge-recovery its not Anaconda or PLAZMA but it will certainly get the job done and be better and less of a hassle than doing some custom mix. It was really one of the very first Biotest workout nutrition products that has stood the test of time pretty well.

It’s certainly within your budget and will cover all your bases when it comes to that time of day.

littlebigguy-

If you’re in Indy and ever interested in going 1/2 on a ‘bulk order’ where you buy more to save more, let me know.

Might be a while before I do, but I would be interested in it. Was planning to do a big order with some tax refund money. But after doing my taxes, I cried a little after seeing my refund. Not what I was hoping, but still have a small order set up.

Thanks for all of the input guys.