Indigo 3G Review

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
You got my point exactly…lol…and I’m not so sure the majority of guys who are unhappy with their results in the weight room jumping on the bandwagon are aware of it.

I think the very first thing anyone considering Indigo-3G should do is honestly assess their training and eating and see if they have all their ducks in a row so that they’ll truly be optimizing its purported effects. If you still have a ways to go it’s simply not worth the $$. [/quote]

Agreed. A lot of people can invest plenty of time in just not eating and training like assholes and make HUGE changes. Too bad that’s hard lol. Indigo-3G is no “miracle pill” for the lazy, but it’s fantastic for those who dream of eating more clean food… so they can use it to fuel 50-100 sets in the gym. Which will in turn make them more awesome.

It was refreshing to hear that customer service was actually telling people to commit and get their shit together before investing in Indigo-3G. Bad training will always equal bad results, and it IS possible to out-eat the Indigo-3G with shit food. I’ve gone on a heavy cheat and done it, and I looked like a bag of smashed assholes until I ate super clean again and worked hard for a week. A lot of people just need to realize that they will never be in the 1% of people who can eat and train carelessly and still look great if they aren’t already.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
At the time Indigo-3G first came out, I read up on alot of the training principles endorsed for its users as well as the daily macros and recommended carb sources. So I increased my training frequency and intensity accordingly and started eating 300g carbs/day as someone who formerly was afraid of eating more than 100g/day. I stuck to rice, rice cakes, oats as recommended in all the spills. Stuck to “clean” fat sources as well as protein.

As a result I started noticing all the results reported by the other Indigo-3G users…gained weight, lost inch off my waist, fuller, etc. etc.

Oh, and I should mention. I never used Indigo-3G. [/quote]

Wait… you got results from combining what Nate Miyaki and Christian Thibaudeau have advised in their articles for some time?

Indigo-3G doesn’t account for all of the results that Indigo-3G users have gotten… it synergizes with what already stands as intelligent nutrition and training and amplifies the results. It’s a “1+1=3” effect. [/quote]

You got my point exactly…lol…and I’m not so sure the majority of guys who are unhappy with their results in the weight room jumping on the bandwagon are aware of it.

I think the very first thing anyone considering Indigo-3G should do is honestly assess their training and eating and see if they have all their ducks in a row so that they’ll truly be optimizing its purported effects. If you still have a ways to go it’s simply not worth the $$. [/quote]

We agree for the most part…and we have had threads about it also where people complained that we shouldn’t be focused on the progress, or lack thereof, of the people involved before they started using it.

I can say there is a difference using it…but not one a poor fucked up diet and lost training strategy can overcome.

[/quote]

You should absolutely be focused on the progress of people before using it!! That’s not even sound logic to suggest otherwise.

But I have to honest, it was very difficult to admit to myself that I knew fuck all about eating correctly, so I can relate to newer lifters who find it easier to blame their genetics or “ability to partition nutrients correctly” instead of themselves.

I must say, though, much of your message over the time I’ve been on this site has eventually sunk in with me. If you want people to say “Holy shit” when they see you with your shirt off, then they need to say “holy shit!” when you reveal to them how you are training and eating.

If you want to also look at someone who has made progress before using check into synergy93. I think its fair to say he has made a bit of progress before Indigo-3G and he will never stop using now that he has started it he loves it that much. Just a thought

Good material here. I too am considering I3G but am really working on getting all the components in a row such as diet and training. Though I am still very hesitant given the heft price tag. The user logs do show some impressive results.

Hi guys,
I’m really just looking for people that have documented the time they have spent on Indigo and the amount of muscle and fat gain and lost.

I’ve looked through quite a few logs and I just never seem to find the facts that match up with how amazing people say it is.

How long did it take to lose “X” amount of fat?
And,
How long did it take to gain “X” amount of muscle?

Thanks for any responses!

“Gene expression” is the phrase that makes me ‘lol’ more than any other.

Ryan’s post above, however, doesn’t make me ‘lol,’ because it’s unethical. Synergy is a phenomenal athlete by all accounts, but one should not look to his progress to see what Indigo can do for someone.

If you’re considering investing in it, be realistic, look at a log like Ryan’s or Bigmac’s–regular college guys who are using it.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
“Gene expression” is the phrase that makes me ‘lol’ more than any other.

Ryan’s post above, however, doesn’t make me ‘lol,’ because it’s unethical. Synergy is a phenomenal athlete by all accounts, but one should not look to his progress to see what Indigo can do for someone.

If you’re considering investing in it, be realistic, look at a log like Ryan’s or Bigmac’s–regular college guys who are using it.[/quote]

Hmm I somewhat disagree. While they no doubt have made awesome progress, I don’t think Ryans or bigmacs logs would necessarily be the best, as they started out on it relatively new to weight training and you could argue that more focused training and diet is more responsible for their gains than indigo.

Someone who has been training for decades, such as buffdsamurai and PX I think are more interesting. Especially since they both pretty much stuck with their own training for the initial indigo use. No progress pics for buffd though which would be the only downside, but imo his log is probably the most informative.

I would like to hear more of what stu and thoughts think about it however.

I certifiably would not advocate myself as I do not know my body well enough to be able to comment on if its Indigo-3G or not.

I can say that each night i back load 500-600g of carbs without spill over. Again is this Indigo-3G, carb backloading, a combination. I have to little information to know for sure all i know is this is what i have been doing now a while and love it. Before that with the full Indigo-3G dose again i cant say for sure anything.

Stu would be great as he has competed with it for a contest and has done contests without and keeps meticulous notes.

The one thing that does intrest me is the gene expression. I have not looked into the cited studies but I do know that various compounds have the ability to switch on and off genes with epigentic changes i wonder if this is the mechansim that Indigo-3G works on

You know, bottom line is this methinks: whether it is the Indigo-3G, the closer attention to diet (cleaner carbs), or the training program, people are getting results. By results I mean physiques appear to get tighter, performances increase, and the general energy level of the community is higher. This is all a good thing.

Can one focus in on just the clean diet and the training? Absolutely. But how many of those in the Indigo-3G trials really were doing this before? They may have trained hard, but then the diet sucked. Or, they may have eaten right, but they have no concept of how to train. Perhaps the biggest major contribution Indigo-3G added to the equation is the fact that because it is so expensive, it made people focus alot more on doing the right things as to not “waste” their money.

Now, each experience is a very individual one. For me, I can definitely tell a difference when I take Indigo-3G versus when I didn’t. I can definitely tell the difference between only 4 caps/day versus 8 or 12. Indigo-3G definitely gave me a noticeable effect, mostly in the way I felt (energy wise) but also in how much easier it was to get and stay “tighter”. When I was doing the initial trials, I tried hard to keep as many parameters the same as before I even heard of Indigo-3G. And in the process, I discovered for myself the value that Indigo-3G is.

But one thing is clear: Indigo-3G is NOT a magic bullet. I’m afraid the Biotest advertising machine is at work here to promote as much as possible the positives and hyping things. This is so much like the way people hype up steroids to the point where almost EVERYONE thinks of steroids as a real magic bullet. It isn’t. For both, without proper diet and training, you’re simple not going to get there.

Same thing with all the myriad new training “discoveries” or techniques so in vogue on this site. Are they worthless? Absolutely not. But they are not the holy grail of really how to get there. They are simply a possible stepping stone for some, maybe a large boulder for others, but it behooves everyone to experiment with alot of different approaches to really find out what not only works for they physiologically, but also mentally, and what best suits the individuals temperment and schedules. Not all of us have time to train several times a day several times a week. And those who think you HAVE to to achieve physical prowess are plain wrong.

Wow. Did I just write all that?

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
You know, bottom line is this methinks: whether it is the Indigo-3G, the closer attention to diet (cleaner carbs), or the training program, people are getting results. By results I mean physiques appear to get tighter, performances increase, and the general energy level of the community is higher. This is all a good thing.

Can one focus in on just the clean diet and the training? Absolutely. But how many of those in the Indigo-3G trials really were doing this before? They may have trained hard, but then the diet sucked. Or, they may have eaten right, but they have no concept of how to train. Perhaps the biggest major contribution Indigo-3G added to the equation is the fact that because it is so expensive, it made people focus alot more on doing the right things as to not “waste” their money.

Now, each experience is a very individual one. For me, I can definitely tell a difference when I take Indigo-3G versus when I didn’t. I can definitely tell the difference between only 4 caps/day versus 8 or 12. Indigo-3G definitely gave me a noticeable effect, mostly in the way I felt (energy wise) but also in how much easier it was to get and stay “tighter”. When I was doing the initial trials, I tried hard to keep as many parameters the same as before I even heard of Indigo-3G. And in the process, I discovered for myself the value that Indigo-3G is.

But one thing is clear: Indigo-3G is NOT a magic bullet. I’m afraid the Biotest advertising machine is at work here to promote as much as possible the positives and hyping things. This is so much like the way people hype up steroids to the point where almost EVERYONE thinks of steroids as a real magic bullet. It isn’t. For both, without proper diet and training, you’re simple not going to get there.

Same thing with all the myriad new training “discoveries” or techniques so in vogue on this site. Are they worthless? Absolutely not. But they are not the holy grail of really how to get there. They are simply a possible stepping stone for some, maybe a large boulder for others, but it behooves everyone to experiment with alot of different approaches to really find out what not only works for they physiologically, but also mentally, and what best suits the individuals temperment and schedules. Not all of us have time to train several times a day several times a week. And those who think you HAVE to to achieve physical prowess are plain wrong.

Wow. Did I just write all that? [/quote]

Well said man. There are too many guys like you with years of experience that say it makes a difference for it do be discarded as something thats only working due to diet and training changes imo. I think it’s easy for people not on it to say it’s not worth the price or doesn’t work to justify not paying the high price for it, as well as people that are on it to overhype results to justify making the expense. I am guilty of this. Definitely good progress being made which is most important, whether it’s mostly due the training or the supplement is secondary.

As far as the new training, I agree. I just which it was more accessible to non-Indigo-3G
users to try out.

Edit: I can’t help but be a little suspicious about the programs only being available to Indigo-3G users. Not compaining or anything, just don’t believe that some of these programs can only work if you are on the supplement.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

Edit: I can’t help but be a little suspicious about the programs only being available to Indigo-3G users. Not compaining or anything, just don’t believe that some of these programs can only work if you are on the supplement.[/quote]

Certainly not true as some in the forums have picked up some good info and are doing hybrids of what the programs have to offer and are doing just fine and progressing well with them. They are just more programs with some different twists.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

Edit: I can’t help but be a little suspicious about the programs only being available to Indigo-3G users. Not compaining or anything, just don’t believe that some of these programs can only work if you are on the supplement.[/quote]

Certainly not true as some in the forums have picked up some good info and are doing hybrids of what the programs have to offer and are doing just fine and progressing well with them. They are just more programs with some different twists.[/quote]

We agree. I myself am doing HFs hybrid training. I was just pointing out that the full programs are only available to Indigo-3G users and advertised as such that only those with the work capacity benefits of Indigo-3G can succeed at them. Atleast that’s how I see it.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

Personally, I just don’t know how some of these college students are affording the price tag. I’m not saying it’s not worth the money; I’m just surprised that so many 20-somethings can afford nearly 500 bucks every six weeks for one supplement.[/quote]
parents in most cases.[/quote]

That or, like I used to do, they use their job for spending money for supplements instead of beer, high speed internet/cable at home, or other things. I haven’t paid for cable and internet…ever. That’s an easy 50-80 bucks a month that I keep. Drop out spending another $6 a day for energy drinks and that’s another 180$ a month you can keep. If you don’t go spending $50 at a bar 3 times a week that’s $150 every week that you save (and boy, given what I’ve seen in the bars, that’s a very moderate bar schedule in college!).

It’s all about priorities.

I also remember asking for supplements for Christmas. Yes, really. I was that sad.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

Certainly not true as some in the forums have picked up some good info and are doing hybrids of what the programs have to offer and are doing just fine and progressing well with them. They are just more programs with some different twists.[/quote]

We agree. I myself am doing HFs hybrid training. I was just pointing out that the full programs are only available to Indigo-3G users and advertised as such that only those with the work capacity benefits of Indigo-3G can succeed at them. Atleast that’s how I see it.
[/quote]

That’s not how I really read the ad-copy for the programs, but I see where you’re coming from. Regardless, I’ve seen a few interesting things from just looking at and downloading the programs that I can chalk up to Thibs’s style, and for me getting a peak at how he designs programs–even massively “crowd oriented” productions–is very valuable to me. I think it’s only one variable, but I really don’t mind paying for it. And I understand why they want to keep it to only “users” of Indigo-3G. It’s another (very real IMVHO) incentive to join the group.

For my personal part, I’ve historically had trouble with CT’s training systems volume wise. For years really. They work great but I have had to modify the volume downwards to get myself through them in the past. I love his style and his principles, but the boy has work capacity and programs for it. I did notice a real difference with Indigo-3G personally, and I’ve been at this long enough to know my body. The gas tank was definitely fuller too.

At any rate, for my current shape and abilities, I have not needed to modify CT’s programs when on Indigo-3G.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

Personally, I just don’t know how some of these college students are affording the price tag. I’m not saying it’s not worth the money; I’m just surprised that so many 20-somethings can afford nearly 500 bucks every six weeks for one supplement.[/quote]

That or, like I used to do, they use their job for spending money for supplements instead of beer, high speed internet/cable at home, or other things. I haven’t paid for cable and internet…ever. That’s an easy 50-80 bucks a month that I keep. Drop out spending another $6 a day for energy drinks and that’s another 180$ a month you can keep. If you don’t go spending $50 at a bar 3 times a week that’s $150 every week that you save (and boy, given what I’ve seen in the bars, that’s a very moderate bar schedule in college!).

I also remember asking for supplements for Christmas. Yes, really. I was that sad.[/quote]

Only reason i can afford any supplements for lifting is I was and RA for 2 years along with holding 2 part time well paid jobs (lucky me). Saved a ton of money on food/internet/housing and such. I was able to buy a motorcycle and save a ton. So i was able to buy Indigo-3G. I would never expect someone else to pay for anything to do with my hobby of bodybuidling unless of course it was a present and then it better not be as expensive as Indigo-3G

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

I also remember asking for supplements for Christmas. Yes, really. I was that sad.[/quote]

Only reason i can afford any supplements for lifting is I was and RA for 2 years along with holding 2 part time well paid jobs (lucky me). Saved a ton of money on food/internet/housing and such. I was able to buy a motorcycle and save a ton. So i was able to buy Indigo-3G. I would never expect someone else to pay for anything to do with my hobby of bodybuidling unless of course it was a present and then it better not be as expensive as Indigo-3G [/quote]

Food, gym membership, workout gadgets, injury prevention tools and supps are where pretty much the bulk of my money goes. I don’t have enough for Indigo, but if I did I can honestly say I’d be taking it. I know plenty of people that spend 3-400 a month on alcohol and partying so I see no issue with spending money on food and supplements.

ok, so ive just purchased a bottle to see how this goes,

other supplements i use are Optimum Nutrition BCAA powder,Optimum Nutrition gold standard Whey and VPX NO shotgun MHF-1 Pre work out

now T Nation are suggesting that for ‘best results’ i use their own biolab products, protein and bcaa’s etc… considering ive just spent $230 on one bottle of I3G i dont really want to shell out another $150 dollars on getting more supplements that supposedly make this stuff work better,

so my question is, do i really need to use the biolab stuff or can i continue with my Optimum Nutrition and VPX gear and still get the results that I3G is so famous for?

[quote]D1amondfitness wrote:

other supplements i use are Optimum Nutrition BCAA powder,Optimum Nutrition gold standard Whey and VPX NO shotgun MHF-1 Pre work out

now T Nation are suggesting that for ‘best results’ i use their own biolab products, protein and bcaa’s etc… considering ive just spent $230 on one bottle of I3G i dont really want to shell out another $150 dollars on getting more supplements that supposedly make this stuff work better,

so my question is, do i really need to use the biolab stuff or can i continue with my Optimum Nutrition and VPX gear and still get the results that I3G is so famous for?[/quote]

Did you read the Indigo article? You are going to need more than one bottle.

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:

[quote]D1amondfitness wrote:

so my question is, do i really need to use the biolab stuff or can i continue with my Optimum Nutrition and VPX gear and still get the results that I3G is so famous for?[/quote]

Did you read the Indigo article? You are going to need more than one bottle.[/quote]

He’s right. Its suggested 12 weeks, which equates to 6 bottles. Now I did a six week trial with 3 bottles and had great results. But I would def purchase atleast two more in order to get the desired results.

I am a sucker for trying new things :slight_smile:
And it is very easy to get me all excited about a new product with a nice article and handful of very aggressive promises.
No wonder that I jumped I3G wagon as soon as it came out.
I do not think anyone who knows me can question my dedication to Bodybuilding.
That’s said I was very disappointed with the product.
Nothing to report. Total loss for me :frowning:
Especially considering enormous price tag.