Indigo-3G Recommendations

Hi, I have a 60 day supply of Indigo-3G. Couple of questions regarding the product: if I work out 6 days a week in the AM, can I take the Indigo-3G before dinner instead of taking it before working out? Secondly, are there any drug interactions that I should be aware of, specifically metformin and crestor. Thank you.

Yup, assuming dinner is a carb meal. The idea around taking it before the workout is that you would also be taking carbs in that window, and you want to take advantage of the time to partition those appropriately. My understanding is you’re covered for a 24-hour period if taking the supplement consistently, though, so it shouldn’t be a game-changer. I’d still just personally want it before my highest-carb meal (which usually is dinner for me).

I can’t imagine how it could, but this matters enough I’d like to call in someone that knows what they’re talking about. @Chris_Shugart @Matthew_Weeldreyer Maybe @pettersson?

1 Like

I appreciate the tag! I’m not sure I’m comfortable taking what would be an educated guess when it involves prescription medications, though.

However, I’ll do some reading and asking. In the meantime, the best thing to do would be to discuss it with your doctor, @archidis.

@TrainForPain is spot on with the rest (as usual).

Thanks for the tag @TrainForPain!

Cyanidin 3-glucoside (C3G) as a supplement has not been properly studied alongside pharmaceuticals, though you would expect a somewhat additive effect to both Metformin and Crestor - which may result in an even lower blood sugar and cholesterol.

I recommend you monitor your blood glucose level more regularly while taking Indigo, though Metformin by itself in normal dosages should not give rise to severe hypoglycemia.

Crestor is a very potent statin which lowers cholesterol significantly. Therefore it may be advisable to check a cholesterol panel after 4 and 12 weeks under simultaneous Indigo regime.

Bear in mind there are no hard endpoints to rely upon here. The above is what I would do for my patients asking your question. I suppose most doctors would NOT recommend the suggested combination, just to be entirely safe/sure.

1 Like

For my own edification, why would C3G impact cholesterol?

According to three preclinical studies on rat/mice, Indigo showed antiinflammatory effects on blood vessels. Inflammation is part in the build up of atherosclerosis.

In other words Indigo may hypothetically have a cholesterol lowering effect on humans - which is great. That being said, I know nothing about how potent it is in this regard. But, I do know that Crestor is the most potent cholesterol lowering statin at hand. A too low cholesterol is rare, though not associated with beneficial effects.

1 Like