T Nation

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

I was planning to watch it today, but I’m glad I did. Good movie. Shia Lebouf didn’t piss me off, I enjoyed the car chases(I dislike car chases), fighting was good, and Harrison Ford was bad ass. Take the family, your wife, your life partner(yeah, I’m talking to you Mr. In the Closet), or go by yourself.

Two Thumbs Up

Agreed. Saw a midnight showing (as always) and loved it.

George Lucas didn’t fuck this one up guys.

It is a bit over the top, but you’ll be so wrapped into the story you won’t care much. If you liked the first three, you’ll like this one.

Shia Lebouf was actually decent. The humor was spot on, and the action kicked ass. As always, Indy had some killer one liners.

There were a few scenes where his whip magically appears, and that irked me, but I got over it really fast.

Worthy of being released during this summer of movie awesomness.

I’d have to disagree with both of you, it was just waaaaaaaaay to over the top. A lot of the special effects seemed worse than the originals. And I personally have type-cast Shia Lebouf as a goofball after watching “Even Stevens” and couldn’t take him seriously. But thats just my opinion.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Agreed. Saw a midnight showing (as always) and loved it.

George Lucas didn’t fuck this one up guys.

It is a bit over the top, but you’ll be so wrapped into the story you won’t care much. If you liked the first three, you’ll like this one.

Shia Lebouf was actually decent. The humor was spot on, and the action kicked ass. As always, Indy had some killer one liners.

There were a few scenes where his whip magically appears, and that irked me, but I got over it really fast.

Worthy of being released during this summer of movie awesomness.[/quote]

I know exactly what he’s talking about when he says “Over the Top”. When shit goes down, I going to my kitchen. Wink Wink

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
I’d have to disagree with both of you, it was just waaaaaaaaay to over the top. A lot of the special effects seemed worse than the originals. And I personally have type-cast Shia Lebouf as a goofball after watching “Even Stevens” and couldn’t take him seriously. But thats just my opinion.[/quote]

1st the whole series is over the top. I mean giant boulders, witch doctors pulling ppl hearts out of their chest, Magical Holy relics making ppl explode and getting Hittlers autograph.

2nd you not being able to take Lebouf seriously is your fault

3rd and maybe the most important…WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WATCHING EVEN STEVENS??

Im going to see this today. I love all the movies and Jones and Lucas’s middel name is the same as my last so we are almost like family =)

What’s with all of these old timers redoing all their old movies?

Rocky
Rambo
Die Hard
Indiana Jones

I’m sure I’m missing a couple.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I thought this was a TOTAL disappointment. This is Indiana Jones, and THIS is the shit they came up with? The plot was completely lame, along with the ending just being anticlimactic. I was just in awe that George Lucas was capable of something like this, along with the timeline he had to make it. I thought he could come up with something better than this.

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
GetTheHIT wrote:
I’d have to disagree with both of you, it was just waaaaaaaaay to over the top. A lot of the special effects seemed worse than the originals. And I personally have type-cast Shia Lebouf as a goofball after watching “Even Stevens” and couldn’t take him seriously. But thats just my opinion.

1st the whole series is over the top. I mean giant boulders, witch doctors pulling ppl hearts out of their chest, Magical Holy relics making ppl explode and getting Hittlers autograph.

2nd you not being able to take Lebouf seriously is your fault

3rd and maybe the most important…WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WATCHING EVEN STEVENS??

Im going to see this today. I love all the movies and Jones and Lucas’s middel name is the same as my last so we are almost like family =)[/quote]

Agreed. Indiana can get his hat blown off by rockets and it will still float down right in front of him in the next scene. You HAVE to let some things go when watching an Indiana Jones movie…unless you plan on critiquing the ease at which he can use his own whip to basically swing from anything he cracks it at.

“Over the top” shouldn’t even be used to describe any one of the movies in that series since they all are.

Theres a differeance between getting your hat blown off by a rocket, and XXXXXXXXXX IMO.
I was very disapointed.

And I’ve only seen “Even Stevens” in passing, ya know?

MOD NOTE: We edited this Spoiler, and where it’s quoted in posts below. Sorry for the trouble.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
Theres a differeance between getting your hat blown off by a rocket, and XXXXXXXXXX IMO.
I was very disapointed.

And I’ve only seen “Even Stevens” in passing, ya know? [/quote]

DUDE, SPOILER ALERT! Edit your post. That’s fucked up, man.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
I was very disapointed.

Uh, gee, thank you for spoiling the movie for everyone who hasn’t seen it without any warning.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
I was very disapointed.

Thanks for saving me $14 bux.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
I was very disapointed.

Wait, is that in the movie? Did you seriously just fucking spoil the ending like that? Please say you’re kidding.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
I was very disapointed.

Why would you do that? Is it really that hard to type “spoiler alert” before you ruin the movie for those of us who haven’t seen it?

my b, i wasnt thinking

That’s nothing. My sister-in-law spilled the ending of The Sixth Sense… before I had the chance to see it.

Props to the diligence of the MODS on this forum for editing before I read the spoiler above. :wink:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I thought this was a TOTAL disappointment. This is Indiana Jones, and THIS is the shit they came up with? The plot was completely lame, along with the ending just being anticlimactic.

I was just in awe that George Lucas was capable of something like this, along with the timeline he had to make it. I thought he could come up with something better than this. [/quote]

After seeing what he did to “Star Wars,” I’m not surprised. I was afraid this would happen to Indiana Jones. I can’t go see the movie for fear of ruining my nostalgia about the original 3.

The criticism is ridiculous. Anyone who is bitching about the movie being “ridiculous” obviously hasn’t seen the first three in awhile.

The entire series is badass-campy. It’s that blend of campyness and Harrison badassery that make Indiana Jones awesome.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
That’s nothing. My sister-in-law spilled the ending of The Sixth Sense… before I had the chance to see it.
[/quote]

I was in line for The Sixth Sense, and some teenagers that were coming out of the previous showing of it ran by the whole line of people yelling “Bruce Willis is dead! He’s a ghost!”.

I really wish I could brutally assault people sometimes. Well, all the time actually, but whatever.