T Nation

Independent Personal Training

I’m considering doing some personal training independently and I’m just wondering about professional forms I need to get (and how to get them) to have people sign so I don’t get sued. I’m a trainer at a gym and over there they have people sign forms saying they’ve given honest information about their physical condition, etc. Thanks!

i am looking to get into this as well and was also wondering about forms and such haha

Copy the forms from your gym and make them your own. I would have a medical history form, a client information form and a release waiver of liability to start off with. You should also get some form of insurance. There are several companies that provide insurance for trainers.