Incredulous' First Cycle Log, Test/Dbol

Could the adex already be causing some tendon irritation? My shoulders and elbows have been pretty good to me lately but after the second dose of adex they’ve both flared up. My shoulders won’t let me do any pressing and my elbows won’t let me do any back work, especially chins, if they’re acting up. That’s no good.

Diet on day five was:
200g whey, berries, banana, 1 cup heavy cream, 3 Mcd dbl ch.burgers (2buns), small French fries, 16Oz ribeye, lots of green beans.
six was:
200g whey, 2Tbsp cream, Tbsp coconut oil, 75g waxy maize, 12" double meat chicken breast sub, 16Oz ribeye, 50Oz whole milk, half box Mac n cheese, lots of green beans.

Second pin last night, about twelve hours early but knew I wouldn’t have a chance this morning. 1.3mL in the left quad, less massaging this time and a bit more soreness as a result.

Diet was a little slack yesterday. Had some big obligations that took five hours out of my usual prime eating window.
Diet day seven:
150g whey, berries, banana, coconut oil, broccoli, spinach, Wendy’s 3/4 triple with cheese, 3 chicken sausages, qt whole milk.

Feel good. Need to keep up the diet but weekends always get me anyway; I get out of my schedule. So far I’ve put on a few pounds of bloat but my girlfriend says she sees my abs better today (she didn’t know I started though she consented to the whole thing and expects me to start soon). If i’m honest, all I really “feel” so far are sides.

Anyone have any input on the adex effects? It will definitely hinder my gains if I can’t press, row or chin due to the joint pain.

diet day 8:
150g whey, berries, banana, coconut oil, brocolli, spinach, corned beef hash omlette, 4oz chicken breast tenderloins, 1/4 12" chicken pot pie, 40oz whole milk (by far my lowest calorie/protein day since I started)

day 9:
200g whey, 75g waxy maize, berries, pineapple chunks, 3 bananas, coconut oil, 3 large cans tuna (99g pro according to labels) w/ 5 Tbsp mayo, two soft tacos w/ ~8oz ground beef, fixins, 50oz whole milk

Training is going well. Nothing spectacular to report; I feel like I can have low energy days but still pull out decent efforts though. Joint pain subsided considerably the last two days, last dose of adex was small (~.33mg) with the last pin, Saturday night.

I look bigger and have definitely put on weight but how much of that is the gear v. extra calories/insulinogenic foods? Somewhat I’m sure, though I’ve definitely put on 9lbs in a week before so who knows. I never did drop the dbol and have been steady with the 10mg x3 dosing daily, taking my 20mg tamoxifen before bed, laying off the adex until the next pin to see how my joints feel and if a bloat/gyno situation occurs.

Have more ancillaries and hcg on the way and ordered up the requisite supplies to start the hcg, hopefully by this weekend. Pressing and doing some weighted chins tomorrow. Sort of a water-mark workout for where my strength is at at any given time. We’ll see…

Corned beef hash…5 Tbsp of mayo and 50oz of whole milk… Have you gotten any bloodwork done? Check your cholesterol levels bro and be careful with that. I see you incorporated coconut oil which is good and can help keep those bad cholesterol levels down. Don’t take this the wrog way because your diet seems like MOSTLY a good diet but the items I mentioned are heavy in saturated fats and your current cycle isn’t AS bad on your lipids as an oral like Winny but just be careful with your cholesterol.

Keep us posted, I’m tuned in.

Thanks Incredulous.

Thanks for the reply Nytebane. Man, that was a pretty low sat fat day! I’m one of those guys who doesn’t believe in a correlation between saturated fats, dietary cholesterol and mortality. I have my blood done once a year with my annual check-up, usually after my high fat/whole milk heavy bulking runs and my total cholesterol is always slightly elevated but with a very high HDL:LDL ratio and low triglycerides. I’m having a full work-up done, hormone levels and all that, shortly after my pct and plan to report those findings here. Whatever the real science, worrying about sat fat on steroids is like bailing the Titanic with buckets. And I love me some fatty foods.

Woke up at 205 today, fasted, naked and after a good shit. The heaviest I’d been in the weeks beforehand was 200 and that was a one-off event, it was usually 197-198.

Anyone else get lethargic on this dbol/test combo? It’s been a chore just getting out of bed and getting motivated to accomplish anything the last few days.

[quote]Nytebane wrote:
Corned beef hash…5 Tbsp of mayo and 50oz of whole milk… Have you gotten any bloodwork done? Check your cholesterol levels bro and be careful with that. I see you incorporated coconut oil which is good and can help keep those bad cholesterol levels down. Don’t take this the wrog way because your diet seems like MOSTLY a good diet but the items I mentioned are heavy in saturated fats and your current cycle isn’t AS bad on your lipids as an oral like Winny but just be careful with your cholesterol.

Thanks Incredulous.[/quote]

LOL it surprises me that I still see posts like this on a website such as T-Nation.

What evidence are you relying on to reach your conclusion that saturated fat negatively affects lipid levels? Especially in the next breathe espousing a saturated fat (coconut oil) as being beneficial to the same?

If anyone is considering steroids and you think you hit the diet hard, ask yourself this: have you ever had to resort to a 1lb taco-beef shake? Saturated fat, what?

Nothing wild to report from the gym. Not backsliding; not charging forward.

Diet today:
150g whey, 75g waxt maize, berries, two bananas, apple, coconut oil, 1lb seasoned beef, 3 chicken sausages, bowl of chili, two chobani yogurts. May hit another 50g of whey before bed. Need groceries.

[quote]Nytebane wrote:

http://www.ravnskov.nu/myth3.htm
one of many articles i’ve found on cholesterol, this may not pertain to everyone, because everyone is different, but take it for what it’s worth, getting tired of hearing all these cholesterol myths…

edit: vt beat me to it, STOP THE CHOLESTEROL MYTH BULLSHIT!!!

Starting the hcg tomorrow (day 12?). Thoughts on dosages? My plan was 250 e3d, may hit 500 a few times to kick it off but I don’t know that that’s even necessary.

Joints feel good but the nipples started poking again so I hit ~.25mg adex this afternoon. Hopefully, this works out as a long term dosing scheme. Last adex was ~.33mg with the 400mg test shot saturday night.

Diet day 11:
200g whey, berries, bananas, apple, coconut oil, braised lamb shoulder, small (4-6oz) chicken breast, bacon baked brussel sprouts, fried mushrooms, cream brule, 1/2 gallon whole milk.

Pin the hcg 250iu 2-3x a week. I would bump the adex to .5 if your having issues

There are plenty of studies on good and bad fats… I dont understand where the confusion is… some saturated fats differ from others… but hey it’s your body… have fun with your french fries… and if I have to tell you about coconut oil… since you tout being from this site and having to ask a question about the health benefits coconut oil… I will go as far as that and not even begin to entertain this soon-to-be arguement.

KUDOS.

EDIT - I was speaking in terms of good cholesterol versus bad… the whole cholesterol debate is overblown, I agree… but by any means thinking that trans-fatty foods are going to help in any way… well hey… go for it since its bullshit har har har… the main point of my statement is that all fats are not created equal and that I noted some bad foods in his diet that could hinder his results and aid in some of the negative effects of a cycle. If I were to indulge in a cycle, I would be a nutrition nazi with whatever I ate. His diet looks clean for the most part and if it works for him that is fine too. I am just trying to help and making sure he is monitoring his health which he stated he does. Mission accomplished.

yeah thats cool and all but in your first post you were talking about saturated fats… now your talking about trans fats? The “bad” foods in his diet according to you are corned beef hash and whole milk?

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

[quote]Nytebane wrote:

http://www.ravnskov.nu/myth3.htm
one of many articles i’ve found on cholesterol, this may not pertain to everyone, because everyone is different, but take it for what it’s worth, getting tired of hearing all these cholesterol myths…

edit: vt beat me to it, STOP THE CHOLESTEROL MYTH BULLSHIT!!![/quote]

In this case tell T-Nation that their FA3 supplement is bullshit and they need to take it out of the store. Look, the whole cholesterol thing is overblown… I do agree completely but it is pretty much common knowledge at this point that french fries and or some good old fried corned beef hash will not improve your cardiovascular system. Nonetheless, I wont post anymore about this… I have my opinion on the matter be it bad or good.

Thanks for the link.

EDIT- Sorry for all the editting and what not… im half assed awake right now and probably should quit while im ahead.

yeah thats cool and all but in your first post you were talking about saturated fats… now your talking about trans fats? The “bad” foods in his diet according to you are corned beef hash and whole milk?[/quote]

French Fries, corned beef hash and whole milk all contain saturated fats… yes. French fries and corned beef hash depending how cooked commonly contain trans fats. Would you consider the saturated fat of coconut oil and say… margarine or butter equally in terms of nutritional value? How about lard or vegetable oil that has been fried? The whole milk is fine… I wouldnt prefer it but everyone is different. EDIT - again… I am a nutrition nazi so no need to continue the debate… what I consider bad may not seem bad to many others… if I could I would inject emulsified kale intravenously haha.

Sorry for intruding in on your log incredulous, continue on sir. I wish you all luck. To slumber I go.

[quote]incredulous wrote:
If anyone is considering steroids and you think you hit the diet hard, ask yourself this: have you ever had to resort to a 1lb taco-beef shake? Saturated fat, what?
[/quote]

Wow… ok point taken… forget I even said anything haha… a taco shake… that is crazy sir! How did that taste? What blender is that… I must get one. I think I would be shitting within 5 minutes of drinking that badboy, I applaud your bravery on that endeavor.

There’s an adage in racing that works well here: “Fast, good, or cheap? Choose two.” I eat well but I ain’t rich and also don’t have the time to scrounge up perfect foods. I agree that there are good fats and bad fats and that that has little to nothing to do with their un/saturated nature. The mayo I use is a local brand with less soybean then sunflower oil. I use Kerry Gold butter (grass fed) but the rest of my massive dairy consumption is whatever super-industrialized shit I find in the stores. I choose my battles.

I think you have it backwards wanting to be ultra clean with your diet on cycle. Again, the steroids will have a much larger impact on inflammation, lipid profiles, etc. then anything you eat; especially considering that you’re in a calorie surplus. Hell, any time you’re bulking you’re going to have to give up a bit of quality for results. If anything, a cycle is when you can loosen up. However clean you eat, you shouldn’t change your normal habits too much on cycle or you’re likely to lose more of your gains when you come off.

I appreciate your input but we’re definitely not going to resolve this here so I thank you respecting the log.

That’s the base model Vitamix. I bought it a year or so ago when I was considering a cycle and decided my money would be better spent finding new ways to cram down decent calories. I have a terrible appetite but ya gotta eat somehow! It’s great for when you fuck something up so that it’s nearly inedible. I had some $8/lb carne asada a few weeks ago that I overcooked and would have otherwise thrown away - you could NOT chew it - but the vitamix got me two huge meals out of it. I’m kind of known for my silly bulking diets in the winter but that’s how you’ve got to do it if you’re natural and produce no god damned natural test.

I’ve put some nasty combos in that thing. The worst part of it isn’t ever the taste though, it usually tastes like whatever you put into it. Rather, it’s the texture of cooked meats in solution. It surrounds your uvula; temping the gag-reflex with every gulp. I’ve figured out how to avoid that by now though.

The taco-shake was 1lb of beef seasoned the night before with el paso taco packets, blended with a tomato and enough hot water to keep everything loose and flowing. Half of it would have found its way to the trash if I had to make tacos out of it.

First hcg shot this morning, 250iu. Mixed 9ml bacteriostatic sodium chloride solution (bac. water is on back order everywhere!) with 1 ml of 5000iu hcg solution in a 30ml sterile vial. Used a 23g to mix everything and a 29g 1/2cc 1/2" pin to inject. I’ve never opened an amp before but the Pregnyl snapped off with no drama. I think the mixing procedure went well since I’ve been super anal with the cleanliness, but I guess only time will tell.

I’m going to start splitting up the test shots next week and doing the hcg the same days. I’m hoping that will allow me to optimize the adex. That shit seems to tear up my joints if I don’t take it with a dose of test. No bloat to speak of yet. I try not to look at the scale everyday but I couldn’t help myself. 204.8, 205.7, 206.4 the last three mornings after a good dump and before any breakfast or fluid consumption. Was 209.3 last night after dinner.

I definitely look bigger and more muscular; leaner and harder too. At this rate I’m going to hit my goal of 220 way sooner than expected and may be able to start a conservative recomp at that weight, focusing on maintaining gains coming off. If this rate continues it’s going to be really obvious that I’m on something. Honestly, (this is probably the first time this has ever been said on this site) I’m afraid I may be too jacked soon.

Ahhhh Vitamix… that thing expensive eh? I agree with everything you say Incredulous and am enlightened with some of the points you made.

Good stuff… cant wait to see your results and raw butter is very good for you.

Thanks!

[quote]Nytebane wrote:

yeah thats cool and all but in your first post you were talking about saturated fats… now your talking about trans fats? The “bad” foods in his diet according to you are corned beef hash and whole milk?[/quote]

French Fries, corned beef hash and whole milk all contain saturated fats… yes. French fries and corned beef hash depending how cooked commonly contain trans fats. Would you consider the saturated fat of coconut oil and say… margarine or butter equally in terms of nutritional value? How about lard or vegetable oil that has been fried? The whole milk is fine… I wouldnt prefer it but everyone is different. EDIT - again… I am a nutrition nazi so no need to continue the debate… what I consider bad may not seem bad to many others… if I could I would inject emulsified kale intravenously haha.

Sorry for intruding in on your log incredulous, continue on sir. I wish you all luck. To slumber I go.

[/quote]

But you weren’t talking about trans fats in your OP, you were talking about saturated fats. You are creating a strawman because your original argument was correctly ridiculed about being silly.

Nobody was arguing that trans fats were good. Nobody was saying FA-3 was a bad product. It was YOU who was saying that the high levels of saturated fats in those foods was bad for him.

Do you dispute this? It was quoted above for all to see.

You also made the huge leap that dietary fats affect your cholesterol level which is absolutely incorrect.

I don’t go out looking for arguments, but when somebody dumps some horseshit into a thread, and I call them out on it and they rebut by discussing a completely different topic, I feel obligated to respond in kind. If you don’t want to continue the conversation I will completely understand.