Incredulous at My T-Test Results

[quote]Bri Hildebrandt wrote:
I wouldn’t bother with TRIBEX or Alpha Male if your T-levels are already above the top of the range. It sounds counter-intuitive.

[/quote]

Well, the range I cited is only that provided by the lab. Some contend that the upper limit for natural T is 1,200 ng/dl. One T-Nation commenter, shgg1234, believes that 900 is the absolute minimum for a healthy individual.

The normal range of variation, I gather, is a very controversial subject among those in the know.

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
budlight1 wrote:
what kind of calories are you getting? you should be getting at least 3500. low carb diets= lethargy. why are you on a diet like this. low carb diets arent healthy in the long run and stupid unless cutting. IMO

3500 may be a little high to say at least, but otherwise agreed.

Fruit and vegetables are one’s friend.

-Dan
[/quote]

I get plenty of carbs in the forms of fruits, vegetables, oatmeal and the occasional sweet - tonight, for instance, ice cream.

[quote]Bri Hildebrandt wrote:
You may want to get your thyroid checked as well as cortisol. When not optimal they can cause a lot of the same symptoms you’re experiencing.[/quote]

Sorry, forgot to respond to this.

I think my thyroid was checked, based on the following info from the lab’s report:

Thyroxine = 1.11 ng/dl within a “reference interval” of .61 - 1.76

I see no mention of cortisol in the report. Thanks for the recommendation.

The only two tests that were “flagged”, to use the report’s language, were my T - flagged as “high” - and my HDL Cholesterol - also flagged as “high” (which is good).

[quote]Jay Ess wrote:
buffalokilla wrote:
budlight1 wrote:
what kind of calories are you getting? you should be getting at least 3500. low carb diets= lethargy. why are you on a diet like this. low carb diets arent healthy in the long run and stupid unless cutting. IMO

3500 may be a little high to say at least, but otherwise agreed.

Fruit and vegetables are one’s friend.

-Dan

I get plenty of carbs in the forms of fruits, vegetables, oatmeal and the occasional sweet - tonight, for instance, ice cream.[/quote]

Here is a tip that you will no doubt run right over in your attempt to praise the value of your wonderful paleo diet…you just might feel better if you kicked the damn diet to the curb and ate more carbohydrates and more overall daily calories. “Gee, what a concept”, you say? But of course, you won’t do this because at a whopping 145lbs at 6 feet tall, you have the entire world figured out…except for why you are on a bodybuilding forum, feeling tired while claiming your diet is the best thing for you. Common sense just isn’t common anymore.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Here is a tip that you will no doubt run right over in your attempt to praise the value of your wonderful paleo diet…you just might feel better if you kicked the damn diet to the curb and ate more carbohydrates and more overall daily calories. “Gee, what a concept”, you say? But of course, you won’t do this because at a whopping 145lbs at 6 feet tall, you have the entire world figured out…except for why you are on a bodybuilding forum, feeling tired while claiming your diet is the best thing for you. Common sense just isn’t common anymore.[/quote]

I didn’t mean to lend the impression that my diet is low-carb. De Vany stresses that the importance of carbs. It’s “paleo” in the sense that it rejects processed foods, and more particularly, refined, sweet, white carb sources. As I’ve already stated, I eat oatmeal, fruit, and vegetables. I just reject the likes of donuts. When I wrote “relatively high in protein and fat” I meant compared to other diets, not in relation to my total food intake.

I also mentioned that my problems pre-dated by a significant margin any thing close to “clean” diet. My 145 lbs./ 6 ft. frame is indeed unfortunate, but not the result of any particular diet. I do admit that I may not be eating enough.

[quote]Jay Ess wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Here is a tip that you will no doubt run right over in your attempt to praise the value of your wonderful paleo diet…you just might feel better if you kicked the damn diet to the curb and ate more carbohydrates and more overall daily calories. “Gee, what a concept”, you say? But of course, you won’t do this because at a whopping 145lbs at 6 feet tall, you have the entire world figured out…except for why you are on a bodybuilding forum, feeling tired while claiming your diet is the best thing for you. Common sense just isn’t common anymore.

I didn’t mean to lend the impression that my diet is low-carb. De Vany stresses that the importance of carbs. It’s “paleo” in the sense that it rejects processed foods, and more particularly, refined, sweet, white carb sources. As I’ve already stated, I eat oatmeal, fruit, and vegetables. I just reject the likes of donuts. When I wrote “relatively high in protein and fat” I meant compared to other diets, not in relation to my total food intake.

I also mentioned that my problems pre-dated by a significant margin any thing close to “clean” diet. My 145 lbs./ 6 ft. frame is indeed unfortunate, but not the result of any particular diet. I do admit that I may not be eating enough.

[/quote]

You weigh 145lbs. There is no “may” about it and I could honestly care less about who De Vany is or what he professes. I consider anyone who claims we should eat like we did thousands of years ago to be full of shit. Apparently, your body is thinking the same thing.