T Nation

Incredible T Jump

I have been taking test cyp for about 3 years. 2x 40mg a week. My numbers came in a hair low at 450 last June. I was having a good amount of symptoms so the doc upped the dosage. I have been taking 2x 50mg since then. My numbers went from 450 to over the max of 1500. Is it normal for a t level to change that much over 20mg a week?

These levels are awesome but try to maintain around 1000 to minimize high e2.

That’s a big jump! A 21mg weekly jump took me from 953 to 1339.

Feel different?

Its more likely that lab timing wasn’t equivalent between the two blood draws, ie one likely caught a valley and the other caught a peak.

When was the first blood draw taken in relation to your injections compared to the second?

I am pretty good at making sure the blood tests are 3-4 days after. Usually 3. Pretty sure both of these were 4 apart.

Sounds like a bad lab result, it happens. Get retested.

That’s what I was thinking to. My new doctor doesn’t know anything about this stuff. It’s very unfortunate. Just hope I can get through this with him until I get better insurance again.

Please keep one topic for your case for continuity.

hCG 250iu SC EOD will preserver fertility and size. When testes shrink, for some guys, they ache 24x7. Some women are concerned just like guys would be if their wife’s breast became smaller.

Lab timing from prior injection can be a major factor for results. Best to keep always halfway between to eliminate changes from timing artifacts.

Some are hyper metabolizers of T and then half life is short and timing a major concern.

Your status is very in-doubt.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Thanks for the response. I will get that checked. Just one last question. What do you mean my “status is in doubt”.

I can’t see that you are a T hypermetabolizer or there is something odd with your labs. You can try splitting dose for injections every other day and do labs half-way between. Maybe that will resolve some of the odd things that you are reporting. Please see what the stickies can offer as well. As you said: “Incredible”