T Nation

Incredible Deadlift

I was simply blown away by this video. Not only does he use a double overhand hook grip but his form is about as perfect as I have ever seen for a max.

That was great. I wish there was a video of Steve Goggins’ 881 overhand attempt. I believe he did that in the same meet that he broke 1100 in the squat. I’ve never seen it on video but I imagine this comes pretty close.

Nice. There was a video I saw once with him and I think his brother going head to head deadlifting. Impressive as well.

[quote]itisfinished wrote:
That was great. I wish there was a video of Steve Goggins’ 881 overhand attempt. I believe he did that in the same meet that he broke 1100 in the squat. I’ve never seen it on video but I imagine this comes pretty close. [/quote]

It would of been hook grip.

Also check this out – this is seriously impressive to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOzOQS_iuvw

RDL reps with 565 lbs.

DAMN!

Mass monsters!

I know his brother wade has some of the strongest hands in the world, so that would explain his use of overhand.

[quote]shizen wrote:
I know his brother wade has some of the strongest hands in the world, so that would explain his use of overhand. [/quote]

And his OTHER brother Karl, pro strongman…

They’re one freaky family.

Just so everyone knows, if you use a hook grip, your ROM is shortened ever-so-slightly. Mark with chalk on your thigh where the bar is when you hold it with a mixed grip and when you hold it with a hook grip: the bar hangs lower with the hook grip.

So, if you’ve got a freaky strong grip and you want some help off the floor, taking your shoes off and using a hook grip will both help you out.

Check out one of the loaders in the Billingham vid explain to another one what a hook grip is lol!

watch this guy pull 830 easy … only 19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aw9yhC9cqU

i’ve seen him work out a few times at my gym … he’s freaky.

[quote]DK 14 wrote:
watch this guy pull 830 easy … only 19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aw9yhC9cqU

i’ve seen him work out a few times at my gym … he’s freaky.[/quote]

That boy is bad as hell.

[quote]DK 14 wrote:
watch this guy pull 830 easy … only 19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aw9yhC9cqU

i’ve seen him work out a few times at my gym … he’s freaky.[/quote]

he is 20 something now not sure what happened to him.

Anywyas for freaky deadlifts lets not forget wildaur martin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIMGNtwuX58 the highest RAW deadlift I’ve seen from any 19 year old.

[quote]shizen wrote:
DK 14 wrote:
watch this guy pull 830 easy … only 19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aw9yhC9cqU

i’ve seen him work out a few times at my gym … he’s freaky.

he is 20 something now not sure what happened to him.

Anywyas for freaky deadlifts lets not forget wildaur martin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIMGNtwuX58 the highest RAW deadlift I’ve seen from any 19 year old. [/quote]

First - big lift and very impressive.

Second - I am not trying to be critical, but the way he jerks on the bar - isn’t that an easy way to hurt yourself? I always thought locking out your elbows before pulling was crucial to avoiding injury. I am not saying I could pull that weight - just wondering what everyone else thinks.