T Nation

Increasing Well Being

I have felt a profound effect on my mood by taking Carbolin 19, Rez-V and Hot-Rox Max Strength.

I think sometimes it takes time to find the right supplement combo that works for the individual.

Ive always suspected my thyroid to be underactive, and even have supplemented with armour.

But nothing has compared to this combo. My circulation, warmth, and sex drive have steadily returned to normal. More so than with TRIBEX, I think extrogen was the problem thats why Rez-V is helping me more!

Just wanted to post some results.

Bro, might I suggest Flameout as well. I remember reading when it was first released how essential fatty acids were used in Europe to treat depression. I can personally say that since using them now for about a year I noticed a huge difference in mood going in the positive direction. Good to hear your results!

Take care,

D

I wouldn’t call it depression, I just call it finding ones optimal. I think higher than normal estrogen, underactive metabolism, effected my t levels.

My hands don’t get cold at all on these supplements. I do take fish oil , but it never has helped me that much.

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:
I wouldn’t call it depression, I just call it finding ones optimal. I think higher than normal estrogen, underactive metabolism, effected my t levels.

My hands don’t get cold at all on these supplements. I do take fish oil , but it never has helped me that much.[/quote]

Wasn’t suggesting you were depressed, rather in my case I don’t think I was depressed either but using the fish oil I feel it enhanced my mood.

It’s very cool to see how putting the pieces together in regard to eating healthy, exercising, using the right supplements, can really make one feel like a million bucks.

I know Tom Cruise is a loon, but I also think too many people get on powerful drugs when in some cases the things mentioned above work wonders. I do feel in cases where it is truly warranted anti depressants can be needed and justified.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:

I know Tom Cruise is a loon, but I also think too many people get on powerful drugs when in some cases the things mentioned above work wonders. I do feel in cases where it is truly warranted anti depressants can be needed and justified.

D [/quote]

I’m not knocking you at all, I’m just wondering how different HOT-ROX and anti-depressents really are in terms of their power.

I have been taking ST. Johns wort for a month and a half now. I threw the bottle in the trash today, it is making me feel slow and sluggish, and affecting my concentration. My opinion is that you should definently NOT take st. johns wort, it will make you feel terrible.

Power Drive makes me feel better for a few hours, maybe you could try that.

I agree with Barney on the St. John’s Wort. I tried it years ago for anxiety/depression and it seemed to make things worse. I don’t want to become a supplement sponge but ZMA, Multi-Vit and Flameout seem like no brainers.

I’ve decided to add REZ-V because of the Anti-E effects but I haven’t noticed much after one bottle (3 tabs/day). I don’t expect to feel drastically different but I was hoping for something noticeable to help me justify the expense. It’s always difficult to gauge the effects of these supplements unless you turn your life into a lab experiment.

Are any of you taking DIM as an estrogen blocker? I am wondering how it compares to resveratrol (in the case of Biotest REZ-V.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
I’ve decided to add REZ-V because of the Anti-E effects but I haven’t noticed much after one bottle (3 tabs/day). [/quote]

Look, I dont want to sink anybody’s boat, because what I am about to say is based on a simple calculation. However, if you look at the studies using resveratrol (the active ingredient in REZ-V) that were done on mice, it would take 2 grams of resveratrol (for a 200 pound person) to equal the amount given to mice (based upon the difference in body weight). I believe REZ-V only supplies 300 mgs (less than 1/6 the amount).

Now it could be that a critical threshold is reached before 2 grams. I am not saying it’s not effective, but I have to be a little sceptical. Please point me to something to prove me wrong.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

D

I’m not knocking you at all, I’m just wondering how different HOT-ROX and anti-depressents really are in terms of their power.[/quote]

I’m not attempting to say HOT-ROX is on par with antidepressants. Rather that in many cases where some docs prescribe anti-depressents a person can reverse the effects of depression by making some overall healthy lifestyle changes. Also, I mentioned Flameout not HOT-ROX in regard to this and again in Europe I believe fish oils have been used to treat depression. This is a good link that touches on that: http://www.webmd.com/content/article/52/50229.htm

On a side note I have talked to some friends who do get a very pleasent mood rise from taking HOT-ROX.

Take care,

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
On a side note I have talked to some friends who do get a very pleasent mood rise from taking HOT-ROX.
[/quote]

this is the main reason my buddy takes it for, it is his daily upper instead of coffee.

I personally don’t think HOT-ROX has much in the way of mood-boosting outside of the caffeine.

The old MD-6 formula had 5-htp in it though, and it worked wonders for my mood on the days I took it, and on days I was low-carbing it, the 5-htp was all that kept me from climbing a bell tower! :slight_smile:

You can still get it as a standalone supp and I recommend it highly.

I do know the diference of a upper feeling good , and a body feeling more balanced. For instance Md6 or Spike gave that upper feeling.

If youve read any of Cy Willson’s articles on estrogen and thyroid, you can see how much it can F things up.

Low thyroid, crappy mood poor circulation, can affect protein metabolism.

estrogen, just fucking shoot me , crying at beaches, wanting to cuddle to much with GF. Sure lets go watch that Date Movie!

Low Androgen, hmmm tricky kind of like lifeless, desireless, weak minded, slow thoughts.

So if you don’t have a thyroid issue you might not get a euphoric effect from Hot-Rox.

Basically I noticed for awhile poor circulation (cold hands, fingers), more chest fat than normal, and moody.

taking the combo of boosting metabolism, lowering estrogen, and the effects of Carbolin 19 on thyroid and androgen, helped me get back to center.