Increasing Weekly Pressing Frequency

Hey. First of all i want to say that i really like the methods you are using for training. Well, Do you think i could increase the number of pressing workouts(Chest,Shoulders,Triceps) to two times each week? This is the workout im doing on mondays:

Military press,3-5 reps, 5-7 sets, increasing the wheight on each set until technical failure is reached. 30s rest between sets.

Incline Bench press,3-5 reps,5-7sets, starting with the wheight i ended with in the military press, increasing wheight each set. 30s of rest beteen sets.

Bench press,3-5 reps, 5-7 sets starting with the wheight i ended with on the incline bench press, increasing wheight until techical failure, 30s of rest between sets.

Do you think that I could do this wotkout two days every week, or would it simply be to much volume for the muscles and CNS? In that case, how many sets chould i prefferably do on that wotkout for, let’s say, chest?

[quote]Compound wrote:
Hey. First of all i want to say that i really like the methods you are using for training. Well, Do you think i could increase the number of pressing workouts(Chest,Shoulders,Triceps) to two times each week? This is the workout im doing on mondays:

Military press,3-5 reps, 5-7 sets, increasing the wheight on each set until technical failure is reached. 30s rest between sets.

Incline Bench press,3-5 reps,5-7sets, starting with the wheight i ended with in the military press, increasing wheight each set. 30s of rest beteen sets.

Bench press,3-5 reps, 5-7 sets starting with the wheight i ended with on the incline bench press, increasing wheight until techical failure, 30s of rest between sets.

Do you think that I could do this wotkout two days every week, or would it simply be to much volume for the muscles and CNS? In that case, how many sets chould i prefferably do on that wotkout for, let’s say, chest?[/quote]

You are not using my training because I train the pressing muscles AT LEAST twice a week and up to 5 times a week.

Christian: If you had to choose between a greater frequency of weekly pressing vs. greater sessional volumes of pressing, but at a lower weekly frequency, which would you choose?

Example:

Program A has 4 weekly pressing sessions.

Program B has 2 weekly pressing sessions (your minimum), but double the number of sets of A.

I realize you would prefer both higher frequency AND high sessional volume. Also, how would your answer change (if at all) depending on whether hypertrophy or strength is the primary goal?

Thanks.