Increasing Test Cyp Dosage

I started my therapy on July 23, 2013. I take a shot of testosterone cypionate .8ml once a week. I want to increase it to 1ml once a week. Do you think this may cause any problems. I also take 50 units of HCG twice a week. The .8ML and 50 units of HCG were prescribed by my Doctor.
Thanks
Dant52

Cypionate comes in at least two common concentrations (100mg/ml and 200mg/ml), so providing a dosage calculation (or both variables) gives the full picture. .8cc of 200mg/ml (160mg) for a week would already be a quite substantial dose; .8cc of 100mg/ml (80mg) is a bit on the low side, but not outside the starting range that a lot of doctors like to begin at, especially when also keeping some endogenous test from hCG.

That said, what’s your reason for wanting to increase your dose, and have you discussed this with your doctor? At the very least, using the juice 25% faster would likely leave you in a lurch (eventually) when your refill or insurance schedule couldn’t keep up with the injections. At the worst, cutting your doctor out of the loop could mess with test result interpretation, and might end up with the protocol getting adjusted in the wrong direction.

I don’t quite understand the dosage calculations. But it is 200mgs/10ml so I’m assuming that .80ml
Is more than enought every 7 days. Plus I also take the hgc which is 10, 000U / 10ml and I take .5 ml
twice a week.
Thanks
Dant52

Are you on an AI? Increasing test, especially since you’re doing 1 shot per week instead of 2 or more, could increase E2 and mess things up worse. Plus like Nyrin said, you don’t want to run out of test and be unable to get your prescription refilled.

I don’t quite understand the Al reference. I also take an estrogen blocker every other day

[quote]46and2 wrote:
Are you on an AI? Increasing test, especially since you’re doing 1 shot per week instead of 2 or more, could increase E2 and mess things up worse. Plus like Nyrin said, you don’t want to run out of test and be unable to get your prescription refilled.[/quote]

AI is an aromatase inhibitor. Something like Arimidex (anastrozole) or Aromasin (exemestane). Is that your estrogen blocker? If so you may have to increase your dosage on it. If anything you could consider splitting the shots into 2 equal doses to try and level out the fluctuations. Why exactly are you wanting to increase your dosage?

Maybe that’s what I will do twice a week. The reason is because of tbe fluctuations. I was getting tired by the end of the seven
days. I was even thinking about every 6 and keeping the dosage at .8ml.
When I first went for my test my reading was at 330. After my last test a couple of weeks up to 829. I’m 58 years old and in very good shape
and was prior to Taking the testosterone. But this stuff is really unbelievable.

[quote]46and2 wrote:
AI is an aromatase inhibitor. Something like Arimidex (anastrozole) or Aromasin (exemestane). Is that your estrogen blocker? If so you may have to increase your dosage on it. If anything you could consider splitting the shots into 2 equal doses to try and level out the fluctuations. Why exactly are you wanting to increase your dosage?[/quote]

[quote]dant52 wrote:
Maybe that’s what I will do twice a week. The reason is because of tbe fluctuations. I was getting tired by the end of the seven
When I first went for my test my reading was at 330. After my last test a couple of weeks up to 829. I’m 58 years old and in very good shape
and was prior to Taking the testosterone. But this stuff is really unbelievable.
[/quote]

Your numbers are close to mine although my start number (pre TRT) was around 200. Ultimately you need the blood work to know where you are really at with your E2 but adding an AI is S.O.P.

If I have your numbers correct, 0.8 ml of 200 mg/ml is delivering 160 mg. and is far from a high dose. The bump up to 1 ml is so small, almost hard to measure in a 3 ml syringe. As said before dont run out!

You see this is why I have concerns.
One person says .8ml is more than enough for seven days and another
says it wouldn’t hurt to bump it up. As far as my prescription I’m all set.

I think if I go to .10ml I will take my estrogen blocker everyday instead of every other.
My concern is the hcg. How much does that influence my testosterone levels an estrogen levels

[Squote]doublelung84 wrote:

[quote]dant52 wrote:
[/quote]

Your numbers are close to mine although my start number (pre TRT) was around 200. Ultimately you need the blood work to know where you are really at with your E2 but adding an AI is S.O.P.

If I have your numbers correct, 0.8 ml of 200 mg/ml is delivering 160 mg. and is far from a high dose. The bump up to 1 ml is so small, almost hard to measure in a 3 ml syringe. As said before donâ??t run out!
[/quote]

If your T is 829 and you feel good then there is no reason to increase the dose.

As others have said, .8 ml of 200mg test is the upper end of SAFE trt. Going to 1.0 ml COULD lead to thick blood and other bad side effects. The small gain of faster recovery, more muscle etc. would be offset by the bad. IMO it’s not worth it…stay healthy and be glad your Dr. is allowing .8ml

Twice-a-week dosing is almost a no-brainer if fluctuation is the issue. I’m also taking 160mg cyp/wk, up from a starting dose of 100mg/wk, but I do it SubQ every 3.5 days (Sat PM, Wed AM) and the effects feel pretty even-keel on that schedule.

So if you are taking 8ml you split it to 4ml every 3.5 days.

[quote]farrago wrote:
Twice-a-week dosing is almost a no-brainer if fluctuation is the issue. I’m also taking 160mg cyp/wk, up from a starting dose of 100mg/wk, but I do it SubQ every 3.5 days (Sat PM, Wed AM) and the effects feel pretty even-keel on that schedule. [/quote]

[quote]dant52 wrote:
I don’t quite understand the dosage calculations. But it is 200mgs/10ml so I’m assuming that .80ml
Is more than enought every 7 days. Plus I also take the hgc which is 10, 000U / 10ml and I take .5 ml
twice a week.
Thanks
Dant52
[/quote]

wtf… you definitely and i mean definitely don’t know…wtf you are doing or talking about.

you are at the top of the list of TRT participants that should have your gear stolen so you can return to two squirts of a testosterone gel, because that’s pretty f___in difficult to screw up.

but on gel, i would assume you would roll around in bed with your children until they had pubic hair at age five and deep voices.

i’ve said it before… some of the people coming on this board lately would fuck up a free lunch.

[quote]dant52 wrote:
So if you are taking 8ml you split it to 4ml every 3.5 days. [/quote]

run through your plan again a couple of times before injecting 4ml every three and a half days.

[quote]dant52 wrote:
One person says .8ml is more than enough for seven days and another
says it wouldn’t hurt to bump it up.
[/quote]

It could definitely hurt to bump it up. Even your current dose is quite high and could hurt in the long run. Also, remember you are not only on testosterone but also HCG.

I was wondering what you gents thought about maybe going 6 days instead of 7 and same dosage.

[quote]dant52 wrote:
So if you are taking 8ml you split it to 4ml every 3.5 days.

[quote]farrago wrote:
Twice-a-week dosing is almost a no-brainer if fluctuation is the issue. I’m also taking 160mg cyp/wk, up from a starting dose of 100mg/wk, but I do it SubQ every 3.5 days (Sat PM, Wed AM) and the effects feel pretty even-keel on that schedule. [/quote]
[/quote]

What the hell is your problem. I’m just asking some questions. If you have nothing to say that is somewhat constructive maybe you should just shut the hell up.

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

[quote]dant52 wrote:
twice a week.
Thanks
Dant52
[/quote]

wtf… you definitely and i mean definitely don’t know…wtf you are doing or talking about.

you are at the top of the list of TRT participants that should have your gear stolen so you can return to two squirts of a testosterone gel, because that’s pretty f___in difficult to screw up.

but on gel, i would assume you would roll around in bed with your children until they had pubic hair at age five and deep voices.

i’ve said it before… some of the people coming on this board lately would fuck up a free lunch.
[/quote]

DantT52, taking 200mg won’t make a big difference, If you want to really feel better then get an AI (aromatase inhibitor) and get your T to E ratio figured out. If you want to run a cycle you might as well do it right and do 500 mg a week. It will just wreck your progress because you don’t understand how every thing works yet. Read, Read, Read some more take your 160mg and .5ml/250 iu of HCG but figure out what an AI is get as many blood test done as you need to figure out what you specifically need. Good Luck.

The people that answer your questions answer the same ones over and over because when or before we start we want to be educated, especially when talking to a doctor that has no idea. Almost everyone here is on testosterone and can/will get angry sometimes. It doesn’t mean they are not trying or won’t help.

Also, I tried this (200mg Test Cyp per week with 250 IU HCG EoD without an AI) and my estrogen shot up and I felt like shit, but that’s just me.