Long time lurker, have been reading the forum for years, and I figured it was probably about time I became an active member.
Have been training with resistance since I was probably about 13. Nothing spectacular but something up until the age of around 17. I then began to get really into the nutrition side of things as well and made some solid gains, putting on around 25lbs in a year or so, with some decent strength gains as well.
Went away to do a ski season working in a hotel and broke my collarbone badly after 3 weeks out there. This left me out of action for a good 4 months, complete with some shiny titanium augmentation in my shoulder. And all of my hard earned gains gone. Proceeded to mess about with no real purpose or drive until the start of college in October 2010, and then got back into things properly, until a knee injury meant I could do no lower body work without being in excruciating pain.
Got that fixed, and bulked up from ~180lbs to ~197lbs, then cut back down to 185lbs with the same level of body fat as pre-bulk (9/10%) in 6 months.
Going to be following a new program for the summer, while following a lean bulking diet (will post later). I've found higher volume programs tend to work better for me, hence the vast number of exercises. Program is detailed below:
- Back squats: 2 warm up sets, 3 x 8
- Leg extensions: 3/4 x 15-20
- Hammer strength leg press (unilateral): 3x12-15 each leg
- Hack squat: 3 x 6-8
- Stiff leg deadlift: 3 x 8-12
- Double leg hammy curl: 4 x 10-15
- Single leg ham: 3 x 6-8
- Hyperextensions: 4 x 10-15
Chest + Triceps
- HS bench press: 2 warm up sets, 3 x 6
- Decline barbell press: 1 warm up set, 3 x 8
- Incline HS press: 3 x 6-8
- Cable cross overs: 3 x 10-15
- Rope cable extensions: 3 x 15
- Bar cable extensions: 3 x 15
Back + Biceps
- Deadlift: 2 warm up sets, 3 x 5
- T Bar row: 4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6 (increasing the weight)
- Single arm row (plate loaded): 3 x 10-15
- HS Lat. pull down: 3 sets, 12, 10, 8 (increasing the weight)
- Lat. pull over: 3 x 10-15
- Hyperextensions: 4x10-15
- Machine preacher curls: 5 x 10-15
- DB shoulder press: 2 warm up sets, 3 x 6-8
- Lateral raise: 3 sets, 15, 12, 10 (increasing the weight)
- Front raise: 3 sets, 15, 12, 10 (increasing the weight)
- Rear delt. flyes: 3 x 10-15
- Trap bar shrugs: 5 x 10-15
- Seated calf raise: 3 sets, 15, 12, 10 (increasing the weight)
- Standing calf raise: 4 x 15-20
Chest + Arms
- Incline bench press: 2 warm up sets, 3 x 6-8
- Cable cross overs: 3 x 15
- Dips (weighted): 5 x ? (go to fatigue)
- 1 arm tricep extensions: 3 x 15
- DB extensions: 4 x 6-8
- Standing BB curl: 4 x 10-15
- Single arm DB preacher curl: 2 x 10-15
Military press: 100kg
Squat is lagging due to the knee injury, and a stupid prior obsession with "jogging, with a soft j".
Here's to some solid gains.