T Nation

Increasing Metabolism

Im trying to lose fat from my body im 5’9 207 lbs and would like to get down to 190 or 185 over this summer i do 45 minutes of cardio and 1 1/2 of weights to increase my metabolism.

Is it safe for me to use supplements to enhance my fat loss?Also, is there something that i can use to increase my metabolism?

I eat 5 meals a day and i was recommended L-Arginine but through research i found that its so called effects are bull crap. so it would be nice to know if there something else I can use to help me.

Also what is the problem with using HOT-ROX while underaged?
Read this:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=819067

At the time he was sixteen and he was doing about the same thing im doing but yet i am still inform that is bad please convince me that it is

Anybody wanna help?

[quote]Angelsadin wrote:
Anybody wanna help?[/quote]

I’ll try to help, because I’m in the same boat. I want to make my body into a fat-burning, muscle-building machine.

The first thing that popped into my head was this: How long have you been sticking with your current meal/training routine?

If you’ve seen no results in the first three months of your new program, then you need to change the program.

If you’ve made steady progress, then stick with the plan. In my opinion, don’t be too concerned about adding supplements until you’ve proved to yourself that you’ve built a strong foundation with your training and eating habits.

Then, once you’ve gotten to know your body real well and how it responds to different training and eating, you can begin to add a supplement or two.

In other words: 1) Develop good habits. 2) Prove that you’re dedicated to them. 3) Supplement as means of fine-tuning your approach and pushing through a plateau.

Unfortunately, I don’t know much about your situation, so I’m just guessing as to what advice you may need. I couldn’t bear to see nobody responding to your post.

First of all, what type of cardio are you doing and how long have you been doing it?

If you are just jogging or walking, you might want to check out HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Basically, you all out sprint for 15-30 sec, walk for about 1 min, spring for 15-30 sec, walk for a min. and so on. You should do this for 10-20min based on current conditioning.If I remember correctly, I believe that it burns 9x the fat of jogging because it boosts the metabolism for up to 24 hours later.

Just search and you can find some more information.

I am doing HIIT mind you. My diet and plan looks like this 5 meals a day of small portion that include Omega 3 fat such as almonds,walnuts,pecans,etc. maybe one meal with broiled chicken or tuna along with a distribution of Romanian lettuce, spinach, broccoli and other greens please critic on it and advice me. As for my plan i i pick 3 muscle groups to work on a day (Chest,biceps,forearm) and do 5 exercises 3 sets of 12 reps and my cardio or HIIT is 25 minutes i run at (as displayed in the treadmill) 7.0 running half a lap and rest quarter of a lap at 4.0… But my question still stand WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH HOT-ROX and me being 16 when another sixteen and i bet many other have taken it as for habits, once im dedicated to something i dont have a problem to maintaining it since little i been like this.

[quote]Angelsadin wrote:
I am doing HIIT mind you. My diet and plan looks like this 5 meals a day of small portion that include Omega 3 fat such as almonds,walnuts,pecans,etc. maybe one meal with broiled chicken or tuna along with a distribution of Romanian lettuce, spinach, broccoli and other greens please critic on it and advice me. As for my plan i i pick 3 muscle groups to work on a day (Chest,biceps,forearm) and do 5 exercises 3 sets of 12 reps and my cardio or HIIT is 25 minutes i run at (as displayed in the treadmill) 7.0 running half a lap and rest quarter of a lap at 4.0… But my question still stand WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH HOT-ROX and me being 16 when another sixteen and i bet many other have taken it as for habits, once im dedicated to something i dont have a problem to maintaining it since little i been like this. [/quote]

Do you lift with your legs??

Are you getting enough protein and food for a young boy to grow?? and just be healthy your likely to grow quite a it in height and muscle wise if you eat proper, Are you down ramping this metabolism by shorting your self on food??

Whats wrong with it. Your 16 you are still very very much growing and dont need to be putting powerful stims in your body etc,. but Hell IMO above all you need to learn thats supplements are just that supplements.

In this day of age of the Quick Fix searching for a pill you need to put in the work and realize all this any damn goal can be done WITHOUT the aid of a supplement. Then later they wont be a crutch but a tool that can be used at times to make resulst faster etc. But not needed, they are Used

Phill

I am copy and pasting this from PM I just think its better to answer pretty much all this type of stuff on the forum just better that way then others can chime in etc hell thats what a forum is for right

anyway its my reply followed by the PM

Id really rather you do this on the forum then in PM then everyone can benefit and chime in but will give a quickie

Good on the legs but what are you doing real lifts like squats and deads or things like leg curls and extensions

Nuts are an incomplete protein source great source of fat Not great source of protein and 60 grams in nothing aim for at least 1g per lb a day

No the height prob. your still young and have plenty of growing to do Hell I grew until I was 23 BUT you have to eat to grow you have to have enough nutrition and not worry about a six pack and get obsessed with being skinny. Skinny abs dont mean healthy BBers when they are RIPPED are at there least healthy they are starved

I still think you need to learn to cut, (IF YOU MUST AT THIS POINT) without a supplement there is plenty of time to add stuff in later once you Know how to do it without the aid of supplements. Just my opinion. Use the fact your young your hormones are at the best they will ever be, and just work damn hard. There is no need to be loading up on powerful stimulants etc at this point or age. Not saying there is, or isnt a health risk, ill skip any of that Just learn to work bro. Thats it, how to manipulate training and diet to reach your goals youll be much better in the long run when you do choose to use the aid of supplements

Hope that helps
Phill

[quote]Angelsadin wrote:
I do lift with my legs for the simple fact that i have to rev my muscles to increase metabolism and also because 70% of your muscles are in your legs. As for proteins i eat 4 handfuls of mixed nuts such as almonds,pecans,walnuts,etc. which would equal o 60g of protein a day i am told that is more than enough of what i need. As for growing, i father is 6’2 and for some reason i haven’t grown from 5’8 for 7 months so i guess i already went through my growth spur. Mind you just because i might use HOT-ROX to aid me doesn’t mean that after i lose the fat i am going to stop working out, its just something to boost me since i am entering my senior year now so theres picture days, also Incredible changes section and so on and i would like to participate in. After i get into the college(which i have my seat assured for the one i want)i went over and saw the gym and its going to be a pleasure to workout over there. Now, HOT-ROX is something that ill be using only for a months or month and half just to help me get off the fat and i can concentrate on my definition and volume gaining of muscle, its not like i am going to abuse the supplement like many fall into and then cause some “Inexplicable” symptoms or illness and i am planing of using the minimum dosage which would be 1 cap twice a day between 8 hours.

Thanks
Angel[/quote]

O this is one fact that i forgot to mention In between a year i lost 43 lbs from 250 to 207 the only reason i push the fact of the HOT-ROX is because i want to finish up my fat losing goals and start out with my other goals