Increasing Forearm Size

static holds, hangs, farmers walks, and no straps has always worked for me… i also keep one of those little squeezy things by my desk to play with…

behind the back wrist curls, and straight bar wrist curls seem to be doing the trick, also working without a strap has gotten me pretty far without even training forearm’s in the begining.

While playing team handball, my forearms were always rather unproportioned. Same regarding to the rest of my team. At my strongest, i had 15,9" forearms and 15" upperarms. Soon after I quit, the proportion changed drasticly.

So maybe superthick holds, worked in a lot of angles, never to failure, many times pr week is the way to go.

again awesome stuff - thanks for taking the time to post.
Lots of pain coming my way lol.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459819
this stuff is awesome.

thanks pankie - good article. I might combine this with his high frequency program to improve a lagging body part.
thanks again.

Check out this site. It did wonders for my forearm size:

[quote]Ryu wrote:
row and bench day yesterday again - so timed holds - did the left then right - when doing right my left hand started to clamp shut in spasm lol. I’ve been getting increased muscle pain in my forearms after doing e-z curls - anyone else experience this?[/quote]

Muscle pain? If not it could just be your fore-arm bones bending a bit during the curls because your forearms are already knackered and transferring more of the load to the bones. Lose a bit of the load.

I wear hand wraps on my hands for fore-arms. I emphasise the thumb, palm and fingers with the wrapping, and am currently up to three wraps on each hand. This effectively thickens all the bars I work with and blasts the forearms (3 wraps adds about 1cm to the bar diameter). I’m going to have to think of something else now though because 4 wraps would be just too much of a pain in the ass to take on and off.

[quote]t-ha wrote:
Ryu wrote:
row and bench day yesterday again - so timed holds - did the left then right - when doing right my left hand started to clamp shut in spasm lol. I’ve been getting increased muscle pain in my forearms after doing e-z curls - anyone else experience this?

Muscle pain? If not it could just be your fore-arm bones bending a bit during the curls because your forearms are already knackered and transferring more of the load to the bones. Lose a bit of the load.

I wear hand wraps on my hands for fore-arms. I emphasise the thumb, palm and fingers with the wrapping, and am currently up to three wraps on each hand. This effectively thickens all the bars I work with and blasts the forearms (3 wraps adds about 1cm to the bar diameter). I’m going to have to think of something else now though because 4 wraps would be just too much of a pain in the ass to take on and off.
[/quote]

Bone bending was also on my mind lol. I do ez curls in between sets of front squats for 5 sets of 3 currently with 60kg - in strict form. I guess it could be that my fore-arms are fatigued from the position my wrists are in while front squatting. I’ll hold at the weight i’m currently at and concentrate on making the reps smoother and adapt to the stress (or break my arms lol)
thanks

[quote]Ryu wrote:
t-ha wrote:
Ryu wrote:
row and bench day yesterday again - so timed holds - did the left then right - when doing right my left hand started to clamp shut in spasm lol. I’ve been getting increased muscle pain in my forearms after doing e-z curls - anyone else experience this?

Bone bending was also on my mind lol. I do ez curls in between sets of front squats for 5 sets of 3 currently with 60kg - in strict form. I guess it could be that my fore-arms are fatigued from the position my wrists are in while front squatting. I’ll hold at the weight i’m currently at and concentrate on making the reps smoother and adapt to the stress (or break my arms lol)
thanks[/quote]

Get a broom stick or a length of closet rod about 3 feet long. Drill a hole in the center of the rod, thread a piece of 3/8 cotton or nylon rope through the hole and tie a knot in one end so the rope doesn’t slip through. Attach a couple of small plates to the other end of the rope, 10-15 pounds. Hold the rod in both hands with the weight centered in between your hands, and slowly roll your hands as if you were rolling up a poster. The weight will coil itself up, slowly lower the weight back down. After a few reps you should feel a good burn, it’ll jack your forearms and your grip strenght especially if you use the closet rod, it has a larger diameter than a broom stick, @ 1-1/2 inches.

bullpup

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I don’t usually train my forearms directly, however, early on I was told to avoid using wrist straps unless absolutely necessary. I think avoiding the use of them unless I am going so heavy that my grip can’t possibly hold the weight has helped more than anything. Hammer curls and wrist curls also help. The rest of their development will be based on you actually using relatively heavy weight for the exercises you do. Your body adapts to what you throw at it. If the weights you are using truly aren’t that heavy, don’t expect much in the way of development.[/quote]

Same - If you want big forearms, lift and grip heavy things. Drop the lat straps, etc. Try weighted hangs. I use a dip belt and load it up until I can’t hang anymore. Works like a charm.

Back on the building sites in N.Ireland my dad told me they used to do all kinds of stuff that would build sterngth. One that reminded me in that article was the one handed wheel barrow walk. He said him and a few other guys could do it with a load of bricks in it for about 50 yards…he has popeye forearms.

[quote]X-Factor wrote:
Back on the building sites in N.Ireland my dad told me they used to do all kinds of stuff that would build sterngth. One that reminded me in that article was the one handed wheel barrow walk. He said him and a few other guys could do it with a load of bricks in it for about 50 yards…he has popeye forearms.[/quote]

I live in N.Ireland! Hows your dad like Canada? I worked for a short while in a brick yard and a linen factory - the guys there did all kinds of crazy stuff - leverage work with a sledgehammer to your nose, holding as many bricks together as you can etc etc.
I guess manual labour with its variability of jobs and high volume (9hr day) makes big forearms lol.

Anybody want to post photos of their forearms? to make me jealous - not a fetish honest - thats females’ calves :slight_smile:

This site is run by John Wood. Sign up for the news letter. It’s really kool. Hope it helps.

-CJ

[quote]Ryu wrote:
X-Factor wrote:
Back on the building sites in N.Ireland my dad told me they used to do all kinds of stuff that would build sterngth. One that reminded me in that article was the one handed wheel barrow walk. He said him and a few other guys could do it with a load of bricks in it for about 50 yards…he has popeye forearms.

I live in N.Ireland! Hows your dad like Canada? I worked for a short while in a brick yard and a linen factory - the guys there did all kinds of crazy stuff - leverage work with a sledgehammer to your nose, holding as many bricks together as you can etc etc.
I guess manual labour with its variability of jobs and high volume (9hr day) makes big forearms lol.

Anybody want to post photos of their forearms? to make me jealous - not a fetish honest - thats females’ calves :)[/quote]

Yea, thats cool man, I used to live there myself up until 96’ I moved at about 10. My dad owned a construction company, but as the carpenter he was on job all the time, he worked for Hogg, if you know it. He used to tell me about putting the butt of a hammer over a door frame and hanging on it, with both your hands on one side of the frame, hanging off the hammer.

You prolly would’nt know because you can’t compare, but there is nothing like life on a building yard in N.Ireland, some real hard lads there too. He used to standing jump barrels and shit for competition. He really proved it to me when he said he was about 35 and was doing renos in a gym and db pressed a 110lb db.

For someone who has had no lifting experience thats pretty good. I used to live in belfast area. What about yourself?

If I don’t see ya through the week, i’ll see ya through the window :wink:

Live outside Dungannon (40/50 miles up the M1). I boxed and did some jujitsu with some brickies - both had a handshake like a vice lol. Good luck.
If you can’t be good be careful :wink:

My mums business partner is from dungannon. Dead on mate. If i’m back next year we might have to train sometime.

Hammer Curls